*** Boston, MA Fanviews Here 9/2/18 ***

Comments

• wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161

If this is your view with a 10c ticket, take a photo and go see the 10c folks about it. They should be able to find you another seat.

Fenway is... an anomoly with poles and sightlines. They don’t always know that some tix in the fanclub allotment have a pole right in the way.
    Thanks for the info. You know where the 10c folks would be at Fenway? I do have photo’s...

If this is your view with a 10c ticket, take a photo and go see the 10c folks about it. They should be able to find you another seat.

Fenway is... an anomoly with poles and sightlines. They don’t always know that some tix in the fanclub allotment have a pole right in the way.
    Thanks for the info. You know where the 10c folks would be at Fenway? I do have photo’s...
    Not sure. Could check with the customer service windows, they’re right next to Gate B. I think Will Call is another area though so they could be there too.
  • gems_n_rhinestonesgems_n_rhinestones Harrisburg, PA Posts: 379
    vedpunk said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MKSNYC said:

Everyone had their own opinion but I must say have you been to see any other big , older bands?bruce, u2 , Guns N’ Roses, Paul McCartney all charge anywhere from 200-330 face value for good seats. 
    And - they don’t mix up theirs setlists much either!
    Bruce does.. it seems clear to me that PJ has evolved themselves to be like Bruce in the way they do they construct their sets.  Ever since about 2010 or so, you can see clear correlations in the style.  Although Bruce did the River tour two years ago, where he played that album straight through at every show.  Not a bad idea...  We also know they attend each other's shows.  I remember Bruce was at Philly 2 in '13, sitting in the soundboard area for the whole show.  
    More Bruce comments, wow.  Does Springsteen not have his own forum?
    For real! If you didn’t go to the show get off the reviews for Fenway night 1 please. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    vedpunk said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MKSNYC said:

Everyone had their own opinion but I must say have you been to see any other big , older bands?bruce, u2 , Guns N’ Roses, Paul McCartney all charge anywhere from 200-330 face value for good seats. 
    Bruce does.. it seems clear to me that PJ has evolved themselves to be like Bruce in the way they do they construct their sets.  Ever since about 2010 or so, you can see clear correlations in the style.  Although Bruce did the River tour two years ago, where he played that album straight through at every show.  Not a bad idea...  We also know they attend each other's shows.  I remember Bruce was at Philly 2 in '13, sitting in the soundboard area for the whole show.  
    For real! If you didn’t go to the show get off the reviews for Fenway night 1 please. 
    I went to the show.  B5 row 4, FYI.  Am I allowed to comment now, or is there some other litmus test available?  Thanks for your consideration.  

Not sure. Could check with the customer service windows, they’re right next to Gate B. I think Will Call is another area though so they could be there too.
    That's really unfortunate because those would be pretty decent seats otherwise (for a damn stadium).  Old ass stadiums suck for a number of reasons.  This is #116.  
  • vedpunk said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MKSNYC said:

I was at the show and I think it is okay to reply to ignorant posts say that Bruce is not popular outside of the Northeast US when he sells out soccer stadiums in Europe and Australia.  Yeah, Bruce's music may not be on the radio that much but ..... neither is Pearl Jam played much in the US.  Both bands are known for nice back catalogues and awesome live shows.
    vedpunk said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MKSNYC said:

I was at the show and I think it is okay to reply to ignorant posts say that Bruce is not popular outside of the Northeast US when he sells out soccer stadiums in Europe and Australia.  Yeah, Bruce's music may not be on the radio that much but ..... neither is Pearl Jam played much in the US.  Both bands are known for nice back catalogues and awesome live shows.
    Ok with all due respect, is this Bruce Springsteen’s fan club forum?? I’m a little embarrassed for a few of you. 
  • I hope they play in night 2 for an 1 and half hour and 18 songs.. And say in the end". Thanks for the Bitching. This is what u get When u are  ungrateful. We are not machines or a jukebox so we play as many songs u feel like and endless time. .. Have a good Goodnight. "
    Then some of u will understand is about quality.
    U  seeing live the best live  band of all times. And u checking your watch to see how many hours are on stage? My favo show of all times was pj Amsterdam 2-2012. 1 hour and 55 min.. Nothing can top that night. Not the 3 plus hours of Rome for exable. Wasn't even close. 
    Pj shows isn't like a man penis, that size matters. Is about how great quality performance u get and how epic they Rockin out. When they stop playing shows u will understand it.. But will be too late then. 
    Well said D! 

I feel bad for some of the fans that have posted:  I feel bad that the show was too short for you...I feel bad that you didn't hear enough songs...I feel bad that the band didn't start when you wanted them too...I feel bad that the show was not Epic enough for you...But most of all I feel bad that you can't be present, enjoy the moment and a GREAT fucking show on a beautiful evening at Fenway Park.  Rant over...See you tonight (it's gonna be a beautiful night at Fenway.  Try to enjoy it for what it is).
    vedpunk said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MKSNYC said:

Ok with all due respect, is this Bruce Springsteen’s fan club forum?? I’m a little embarrassed for a few of you. 
    Every single comment was connected to the earlier comment about how PJ is some international phenomenon and Bruce was nothing more than a local act.  Bootlegger and I were merely contradicting that point and using facts to show that 1. Bruce is international and still enormously popular and 2. at 67 or whatever, he can still rock out with 3+ hour shows.  So using Bruce as a beacon of what's possible for PJ long term, and dispelling the counterfactual statements made here is keeping right along with the thread on these comments.  I'm embarrassed that you can't follow such a facile argument.  If people stop saying incorrect things, I'm pretty sure Bootlegger and I will stop posting about Bruce.  
  • vedpunk said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MKSNYC said:

Well I am not embarrassed so neither should you..

I am fine with the length of Sunday’s concert and was too concerned about beer and coordinating seats to sit together with friends than what time it was.
    vedpunk said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MKSNYC said:

Well I am not embarrassed so neither should you..

I am fine with the length of Sunday’s concert and was too concerned about beer and coordinating seats to sit together with friends than what time it was.
    Yeah the seating was a bit of a pain.  We had 2 in 76 and 4 in B5.  We put six of us in B5.  The security people were really tight about all of that and it was a pain for sure.  
    I was generally good with the length too.  I didn't love the set and thought it was a bit disjointed, but there were upsides.  Seattle 2 was so amazing and perfect for me and my son because he knows all the deep cuts.  I took my daughter to Missoula and my wife went Sunday and they were very, very happy because they are much more casual fans.  So you definitely can't please everyone and if I had to decide whether to please me or my ladies, well I'm happy they had a great time hearing all of the big hits.  
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218

Pj shows isn't like a man penis, that size matters. Is about how great quality performance u get and how epic they Rockin out. When they stop playing shows u will understand it.. But will be too late then. 
    As a woman, I have an opinion about this. But I'm thinking it belongs over in AET or something....
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.

As a woman, I have an opinion about this. But I'm thinking it belongs over in AET or something....
    Maybe we can say it's like sex or pizza... even when it's bad, it's still good.  
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

I think PJ is tossing around ideas for new song names and is trying to decide between Uncut and Circumcision (a 25 year old follow-up to Blood)...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    edited September 2018
    If I hear Springsteen one more damn time...
    Seriously, it’s like the Springsteen fanboys have to do their job to correct and promote him like he’s actually in a hard rock band.  Might as well start making Bruno Mars and  Maroon 5 comparisons while their at it. 
    Post edited by vedpunk on
    I don’t want to quote my review because it was really long  but I do want to mention corduroy again it was fucking phenomenal!
    I don’t want to quote my review because it was really long  but I do want to mention corduroy again it was fucking phenomenal!
     I am really surprised that no one has mentioned this version of cordoroy as being such as stand out version
    mrussel1 said:
    vedpunk said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MKSNYC said:

Every single comment was connected to the earlier comment about how PJ is some international phenomenon and Bruce was nothing more than a local act.  Bootlegger and I were merely contradicting that point and using facts to show that 1. Bruce is international and still enormously popular and 2. at 67 or whatever, he can still rock out with 3+ hour shows.  So using Bruce as a beacon of what's possible for PJ long term, and dispelling the counterfactual statements made here is keeping right along with the thread on these comments.  I'm embarrassed that you can't follow such a facile argument.  If people stop saying incorrect things, I'm pretty sure Bootlegger and I will stop posting about Bruce.  

vedpunk said:
    Seriously, it’s like the Springsteen fanboys have to do their job to correct and promote him like he’s actually in a hard rock band.  Might as well start making Bruno Mars and  Maroon 5 comparisons while their at it. 
    You don't have to be a fanboy to correct someone who doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about.  I've seen Bruce 5x probably.  I've seen PJ over 50 times.  Regardless of who I'm a bigger fan of, your post was still uninformed and continues to be.  You should probably stop bringing it up since you continue to embarrass yourself.  
     I am really surprised that no one has mentioned this version of cordoroy as being such as stand out version
    You know, I didn't notice it to be spectacular, but I'll watch the tape tonight to see if change my mind.  I did notice that they changed the mid song interlude that they've played, pretty much nonstop since the Lauderdale show at the beginning of 16.  I'm glad because I don't really like the break they had been using.  

• If this is your view with a 10c ticket, take a photo and go see the 10c folks about it. They should be able to find you another seat.

I was exactly 8 rows behind you.  It was nice having the bright light at our back all night, too.  I did go to all of the above but was directed to Gate B and spoke with a very nice 10C person who when told of how bad these seats were apologized and said there was nothing they could do because there were no seats available to move people to.  Apart from behind the Pesky Pole, 10C should've restricted seats to field, lower boxes and roof level.  Otherwise you were destined for obstructed views in this park.  Horrible way to treat fans who have paid a little extra.
  • vedpunk said:
    while "THEY'RE" at it.  You've never been to a Springsteen show, have you? 
    edited September 2018
    Sorry, Bruce doesn’t touch PJ’s relevance and popularity outside the Northeast US.  As much as your locale loves him and you really want to believe this, it’s just not true.  I don’t care how many times you’ve seen them both.  Let’s get back to the actual fanviews.
    vedpunk said:
    Sorry, Bruce doesn’t touch PJ’s relevance and popularity outside the Northeast US.  As much as your locale loves him and you really want to believe this, it’s just not true.  I don’t care how many times you’ve seen them both.  Let’s get back to the actual fanviews.
    God, you are really ignorant aren't you?  In 2016, Bruce was the highest grossing act IN THE WORLD...not at the Stone Pony, not in Philly... IN THE WORLD.  He grossed more than Beyonce, and more than our friends from Seattle who did a tour as well.  He also outsold Coldplay, GnR (which did that HUGE tour) and Adele. I don't live in the northeast, btw, so yet another assumption that you just pull out of your ass.  
    Get a fucking clue already.  I told you to stop talking about this because you are going to embarrass yourself further. 

http://www.latimes.com/sdhoy-bruce-springsteen-beyonce-post-top-grossing-tours-of-2016-20161229-story.html

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    vedpunk said:
    I really can't tell if you are punking us or actually believe this crap you are writing? I'm not a huge Bruce fan, but I think it's pretty obvious who has more US and world recognition. He's known as just "The Boss" for a reason.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    edited September 2018
    We get it, you love Bruce and you can do internet research.  Grab a Xanax and chill brother.  
    vedpunk said:
    PJ>BRUCE 
    Your opinion is the not the topic of debate.  Obviously 98% of people on here would agree with that complex equation you just wrote.  Christ almighty...
    mrussel1 said:
    vedpunk said:
    PJ>BRUCE 
    Your opinion is the not the topic of debate.  Obviously 98% of people on here would agree with that complex equation you just wrote.  Christ
    My point is you don’t always have to compare your almighty Bruce to every PJ show.  Apple and oranges for most of the fan groups out there.
    vedpunk said:
    mrussel1 said:
    vedpunk said:
    PJ>BRUCE 
    Your opinion is the not the topic of debate.  Obviously 98% of people on here would agree with that complex equation you just wrote.  Christ
    My point is you don’t always have to compare your almighty Bruce to every PJ show.  Apple and oranges for most of the fan groups out there.
    You are seriously delusional.  Someone named LuckyTown (a Bruce album fyi) replied to your comment that no one over 50 plays like that.  You said something to the effect of "He's not popular anywhere but the NE".  And after that, I commented that yeah, he's really just playing clubs in Europe.  And off we went.  So I don't know where the fuck you even come up with that I compare Bruce to every PJ show.  Do you even think before you type?  If you think that PJ is more popular than Bruce worldwide, then just read that LA Times article and think before you type next time.  
    mrussel1 said:
    vedpunk said:
    mrussel1 said:
    vedpunk said:
    PJ>BRUCE 
    You are seriously delusional.  Someone named LuckyTown (a Bruce album fyi) replied to your comment that no one over 50 plays like that.  You said something to the effect of "He's not popular anywhere but the NE".  And after that, I commented that yeah, he's really just playing clubs in Europe.  And off we went.  So I don't know where the fuck you even come up with that I compare Bruce to every PJ show.  Do you even think before you type?  If you think that PJ is more popular than Bruce worldwide, then just read that LA Times article and think before you type next time.  
    Wow I think you might be slightly more invested and emotional in this debate so let’s just relax and let the fanviews do the talking for awhile.  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    vedpunk said:
    mrussel1 said:
    vedpunk said:
    mrussel1 said:
    vedpunk said:
    PJ>BRUCE 
    Wow I think you might be slightly more invested and emotional in this debate so let’s just relax and let the fanviews do the talking for awhile.  
    In the meantime could you please admit that you are 100% wrong?  Bruce is huge everywhere.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......