*** Boston, MA Fanviews Here 9/2/18 ***

Comments

• vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    edited September 2018
    100% agree with Dimitris.  The amount of entitlement by some Ten Clubbers is borderline absurd. Please give up your membership and go see Springsteen instead.  That might actually inject some new energy and faces into our shows.
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    AlaG said:
    I hope they play in night 2 for an 1 and half hour and 18 songs.. And say in the end". Thanks for the Bitching. This is what u get When u are  ungrateful. We are not machines or a jukebox so we play as many songs u feel like and endless time. .. Have a good Goodnight. "
    Then some of u will understand is about quality.
    U  seeing live the best live  band of all times. And u checking your watch to see how many hours are on stage? My favo show of all times was pj Amsterdam 2-2012. 1 hour and 55 min.. Nothing can top that night. Not the 3 plus hours of Rome for exable. Wasn't even close. 
    Pj shows isn't like a man penis, that size matters. Is about how great quality performance u get and how epic they Rockin out. When they stop playing shows u will understand it.. But will be too late then. 
    They can do that. But I'd stop paying an absurd amount of money to see them. They set the expectations that they play a longer set than your average rock band. That's what I expect when I fork over $100+ a ticket. I'm not one to complain over 20 lost minutes but over an hour shorter than your average PJ set? Fuck that. Yes, they are people. They are also a business and I am their customer. If I buy a double cheeseburger, and the waiter comes back with a single patty on the bun, I send that shit back. I bet you would too.
      I just check all my email I got from 10c all  years in going to shows. Couldn't find not one saying "for the price u paying u will get minimum 3 hours show. Or 2 and half hours.. Not even one tour announcement said with the money u paying u will get 30 songs. 
    They can come on stage and play 1 hour and leave. And when u pay for a show isn't like ordering a burger. If u think with 100 dollars u will have a rock band be your slave and do what u want then u have no clue what u talking about.. This is art. Isn't French fries u order at McDonald's. We'll. I'm a paid customer. Let's order a lap dance dance and a milkshake. I paid and they need to fill my desire those paid musicians. Unreal. Order a burger same as the time  as rock concert will last. Cos hey.   I am' a paid customer 
    When u order a burger u have a menu and u order an specific item. When u go to a rock concert and pay ticket u don't get to order what u want. U go to see a performance. May last 1 hour maybe 2.may sing all the lyrics may lose some. May voice sounds amazing maybe not that good. Maybe be a rain, may not. Maybe is windy may not.may play your favorite songs. May not
    I relay the show. Band was on stage 2 hours and 40 minutes
    Where is that 1 hour less u talking about? 
    The average of pj shows are 2:30-2:45 and 2 hours for festivals
    The band retweeted from the venue, specific details that the band would take the stage @ 6:30.

https://twitter.com/fenwaypark/status/1035542729646694402?s=21

Based on this info alone, people were expecting more than they got. PJ & Fenway set these high expectations for Sunday night, this isn’t complicated. 
     Ofcourse they did that. They did it in Europe shows too.. Cos there are two main problems. People fuck around and don't go to their seats on time but an hour later. And second the problem with the gates. So slow to get in and for exable at a show with  10c GA with early entrance that suppose to go in at 6 pm and 6:30 pm the general sales. Time goes  7 pm  and 10c early entrance still going in and all is delay. They said it to all shows. Tweet, Santos post it, at forum. Go early.. But I don't  expect to play 4 hours cos they said 6:30 and cerfew is 10:30.lets be reasonble
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    The problem with the show times is that pretty much no band ever goes on "on-time". I get the frustration from those that got there early based on specific reminders about the show time. Would I have expected a 630pm start either way? Not a chance. Probably more like a 730-ish start time so that extra 30 minutes would have probably felt like a lifetime trapped in tiny bleacher seats. Not so much if I was GA or a regular concert style venue. I would guess closer to 730 tonight though, barring any issues.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • gems_n_rhinestonesgems_n_rhinestones Harrisburg, PA Posts: 379
    Amazing show! I’ve been to some pretty epic shows IMO (Philly 09s, PJ20s, Ten straight thru to open in Philly, front row Boston 2010) and I’d rank this in my top 3 for sure. 

I brought my sister to her first show. We only just recently found each through DNA testing (long story but completely awesome!) and she said hands down the best concert she’s ever been to and she’s a musician and concerts are her hobby. On the 7 hour ride up I played some great PJ songs I knew she probably wasn’t familiar with. (She knows their early stuff). We happened to listen to Sometimes, Release,  played her Present Tense (my favorite), and Tremor Christ among others.  We kept joking around that our Mom (who passed away about 20 years ago was up there pulling strings).  Maybe the only thing that would’ve made it better was if they played Crazy Mary as her name was Mary :)

I actually requested that they play Tremor on the Porch. Just such a great song! When they got through the main set and didn’t play it I was a bit bummed but I didn’t really expect it. But when I heard the start of it in the first encore, my legs literally got weak!!!! I want to believe my request was passed along to the guys and I’m sticking with that. :) it was such a nice surprise. 

As many of you have said that first encore just kicked ass! Not too many of you mentioned Just Breathe but it happens to be one of my sister’s favorite songs and the song she is walking down the aisle to in her wedding in November so I was so happy that she got that! 

One of the random highlights was before the show started there was a praying mantis flying around the crowd.  My children and I had some random encounters with praying mantises (manti??) just two nights prior so that was just very fitting. We were in field box 81 and the crowd there was great. There were a couple really tall guys in front of us so it made it difficult to see the stage but that was fine because they were jamming out and enjoying themselves. In general the crowd in that area seemed to be really enjoying the show so no complaints there. 

I enjoyed the extended version of Cordoroy, liked the fast paced second half of I’m a Patriot right into Lukin. The opening run. Ahh. Loved it! Never thought they’d play release second but I guess they did that recently after Long Road in Chicago. 

Just overall a fabulous concert, outstanding  performance by the band!!  I have no complaints. Thank you so much guys for rocking out and just giving me and my sister an unforgettable night. Wish I could be there tonight. 

• LA98LA98 Posts: 256
    Amazing show! I’ve been to some pretty epic shows IMO (Philly 09s, PJ20s, Ten straight thru to open in Philly, front row Boston 2010) and I’d rank this in my top 3 for sure. 

I brought my sister to her first show. We only just recently found each through DNA testing (long story but completely awesome!) and she said hands down the best concert she’s ever been to and she’s a musician and concerts are her hobby. On the 7 hour ride up I played some great PJ songs I knew she probably wasn’t familiar with. (She knows their early stuff). We happened to listen to Sometimes, Release,  played her Present Tense (my favorite), and Tremor Christ among others.  We kept joking around that our Mom (who passed away about 20 years ago was up there pulling strings).  Maybe the only thing that would’ve made it better was if they played Crazy Mary as her name was Mary :)

I actually requested that they play Tremor on the Porch. Just such a great song! When they got through the main set and didn’t play it I was a bit bummed but I didn’t really expect it. But when I heard the start of it in the first encore, my legs literally got weak!!!! I want to believe my request was passed along to the guys and I’m sticking with that. :) it was such a nice surprise. 

As many of you have said that first encore just kicked ass! Not too many of you mentioned Just Breathe but it happens to be one of my sister’s favorite songs and the song she is walking down the aisle to in her wedding in November so I was so happy that she got that! 

One of the random highlights was before the show started there was a praying mantis flying around the crowd.  My children and I had some random encounters with praying mantises (manti??) just two nights prior so that was just very fitting. We were in field box 81 and the crowd there was great. There were a couple really tall guys in front of us so it made it difficult to see the stage but that was fine because they were jamming out and enjoying themselves. In general the crowd in that area seemed to be really enjoying the show so no complaints there. 

I enjoyed the extended version of Cordoroy, liked the fast paced second half of I’m a Patriot right into Lukin. The opening run. Ahh. Loved it! Never thought they’d play release second but I guess they did that recently after Long Road in Chicago. 

Just overall a fabulous concert, outstanding  performance by the band!!  I have no complaints. Thank you so much guys for rocking out and just giving me and my sister an unforgettable night. Wish I could be there tonight. 
    We were in 81 too! That praying mantis was so cool but I'm glad he landed on my neighbor instead of me!!!
  • LA98LA98 Posts: 256

YES! This guy!! Cool!!!
  • Interesting debate and I see both sides. I have seen them a dozen or so times and I had no issue with the show. The start time was a liitle late but it built anticipation. I am hoping tonight is a little earlier. As far as the sound, I had no issues. It was loud, I had a few, all good. Maybe more concert aficionado types may disagree. For evey show I went to, there have been songs I wish they played and songs I was pleasantly surprised with. That's how it's always going to be. I love about 90% of their stuff and like the other 10%. I think they do a great job in mixing up the set lists.
    And for those of you complaining,  I just don’t know what your expectations are. Sure I wish they came on before 8 o’clock but we got a solid show.  They are not divas, they weren’t sitting backstage on purpose to keep us waiting, obviously there was some reason they couldn’t start on time. And do you expect every show you go to to be better and better and better?  And IMO comparing shows is like comparing apples to oranges :-) I don’t know every show has its own thing. Im beyond happy that we got to go to one of the few shows they’ve done this year. 
  • MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    mrussel1 said:
    Was it the Waiting on a Friend tag in Black where Ed was singing about missing a friend and then said "I miss you Chris?"
    Yes, they definitely tagged the Stones there.  That was cool.  
    Has it been acknowledged that the Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo in Black is in anyway a reference or tip of the hat to The Stones song Heartbreaker?  I have long thought it was and adding a bit of Waiting on A Friend on Sunday  reinforced my opinion a bit more. 

• The band retweeted from the venue, specific details that the band would take the stage @ 6:30.

Based on this info alone, people were expecting more than they got. PJ & Fenway set these high expectations for Sunday night, this isn’t complicated. 
    To be fair: that's Fenway Park tweeting that, not the band. Most venues do stuff like that. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • estarr31 said:
    Just catching up here, they were supposed to start much closer to that 630 start? I'm going to Night 2 tonight and was planning on getting to my seat by 7...but not if they really were planning on 630. 

I think they probably would have started around 7:30 if they could have.

I plan to get in there & be ready for as early as 7, and am hoping for a 7:15 - 7:30 start time. It's the last show of the tour, and the last time I went to one of those, they played 38 songs / 3:20. (Denver, 14). 

I'm holding out hope for that kind of night tonight.

The photographers were brought into the camera well right in front of me around 7:15 and the dry ice started almost immediately. There’s no doubt they were planning to go on in the few minutes that followed and whether it was the medical situation or something else, there was a delay. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    MKSNYC said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Was it the Waiting on a Friend tag in Black where Ed was singing about missing a friend and then said "I miss you Chris?"
    Yes, they definitely tagged the Stones there.  That was cool.  
    Has it been acknowledged that the Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo in Black is in anyway a reference or tip of the hat to The Stones song Heartbreaker?  I have long thought it was and adding a bit of Waiting on A Friend on Sunday  reinforced my opinion a bit more. 
    I think that might be a bit of a stretch but hey, you never know.  I did see them actually play Waiting on a Friend back in 14.  It didn't sound quite right.  I'm surprised they don't play more Stones covers.  I'd love to see them play something like Let it Bleed (or actually anything off that album period).  I think they could cover that one pretty effectively.  
  • MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323

Everyone had their own opinion but I must say have you been to see any other big , older bands?bruce, u2 , Guns N’ Roses, Paul McCartney all charge anywhere from 200-330 face value for good seats. 
    And - they don’t mix up theirs setlists much either!
    MKSNYC said:

Everyone had their own opinion but I must say have you been to see any other big , older bands?bruce, u2 , Guns N’ Roses, Paul McCartney all charge anywhere from 200-330 face value for good seats. 
    Bruce does.. it seems clear to me that PJ has evolved themselves to be like Bruce in the way they do they construct their sets.  Ever since about 2010 or so, you can see clear correlations in the style.  Although Bruce did the River tour two years ago, where he played that album straight through at every show.  Not a bad idea...  We also know they attend each other's shows.  I remember Bruce was at Philly 2 in '13, sitting in the soundboard area for the whole show.  
  • estarr31 said:

The band retweeted from the venue, specific details that the band would take the stage @ 6:30.

To be fair: that's Fenway Park tweeting that, not the band. Most venues do stuff like that. 

Which I made clear, "the band retweeted this info from the venue."

TBH, neither the late start nor the 'shortened' set list bothered me, I had a good time & enjoyed the show. My point is, I don't blame people for being annoyed after the band came out 90 minutes after a start time that the venue announced and the band shared.

I don't think anyone was expecting a 4 hour show, but I think a lot were expecting 3+.

It's all good, let's do it all over again tonight.

• hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 188
    The photographers were brought into the camera well right in front of me around 7:15 and the dry ice started almost immediately. There’s no doubt they were planning to go on in the few minutes that followed and whether it was the medical situation or something else, there was a delay. 
    Totally agree.  There was something else going on. Shit happens. 
    - ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore

• DL136722DL136722 Not sure... Posts: 635
    Would've been a much happier crowd if they started kinda on time, like 7pm but that's a long time to wait around, annoying really!! They'll make up for it tonight per usual! 
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    mrussel1 said:
    MKSNYC said:

Bruce does.. it seems clear to me that PJ has evolved themselves to be like Bruce in the way they do they construct their sets.  Ever since about 2010 or so, you can see clear correlations in the style.  Although Bruce did the River tour two years ago, where he played that album straight through at every show.  Not a bad idea...  We also know they attend each other's shows.  I remember Bruce was at Philly 2 in '13, sitting in the soundboard area for the whole show.  
    More Bruce comments, wow.  Does Springsteen not have his own forum?
  • AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 863
    vedpunk said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MKSNYC said:

vedpunk said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MKSNYC said:

If inaccurate comments ceased to be made, I wouldn't need to correct them.  I'm personally just okay to pretty good on Bruce, but some statements (mostly by you) are factually wrong.  I didn't make the first comparison.
  • wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161
    @dimitrispearljam

This fanbase itself has, on a big level, set the expectations of long shows by clocking and comparing them for years. It surely can’t come as a surprise to see people talking about show length and hoping to hit that 3+ hour mark. Especially after:

- The venue pushing for early entrance and early start time.
    - The very infamous and this year even stricter 10:30 curfew at this specific venue.
    -Starting not only well past the pushed early start but even later than their last 2 shows there.

I highly doubt anyone actually thought they would be onstage at 6:30, nor that anyone thought we’d get 4 hour shows. But the general consensus seemed to be about 7ish, or at the least, a bit earlier than the ‘16 shows. And really, only because of this very specific venue and their early curfew.

I totally agree that equating worth with show length and ticket prices is ridiculous. Unfortunately some people just think that way or, worse, are entitiled jerks. But I also think those are few and far between. This to me was mostly about the surprise of them not taking the stage earlier that they did.

I had a helluva a fun time myself, loved the eclectic setlist, never personally felt a drop in energy because of it, didn’t think Ed talked too much (in fact it felt like less than average to me), and thoroughly enjoyed his high as a kite antics, dancing and emotion. It was clear the band was having fun too - Stone and Jeff laughing, and Mike doing his thing like no other. Although I was very surprised at the onstage time and worried about the curfew cutting them short (and a bit bummed to see the cut songs), to me, the show length didn’t feel ‘short’ once they hit the stage.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Too many seem to think it is their job to make sure everyone thinks PJ is the best live act in the world no matter what you may think even though I don't think the band would even put themselves anywhere near the top. I love them like I do any other great artists and can appreciate their 30 song set, Bruce's 4 hour show and my fave Indie band's 90 minute set at the same time without finding it necessary to compare why one is better than the other. I know what to expect from each of these bands going in to it, but that doesn't mean that's exactly what I am going to get. But hey, these bands have my respect (and most importantly my money) for a reason - consistency. They kick ass and I know they will no matter how long they play. I think the prices are tiered appropriately and if they weren't I probably would stop going. Enjoy your jam while you can. I am too much of a tightwad to spend the money to travel to multiple cities, but if I did, I know what to expect. None of what they are doing is a surprise.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Unfortunately I was unlucky with my Ten Club tickets. I was in section G27, looking directly at a pole. I am hoping that my seats for the 2nd show at Fenway in section G9 is better. However, Eddie and the band sounded great!
  • wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161
    Unfortunately I was unlucky with my Ten Club tickets. I was in section G27, looking directly at a pole. I am hoping that my seats for the 2nd show at Fenway in section G9 is better. However, Eddie and the band sounded great!

If this is your view with a 10c ticket, take a photo and go see the 10c folks about it. They should be able to find you another seat.

Fenway is... an anomoly with poles and sightlines. They don’t always know that some tix in the fanclub allotment have a pole right in the way.
  • DW183354DW183354 NYC Posts: 124
    I just wanted to thank the band for a great night!! 

Ive seen them about a dozen times, but I have NEVER had the opportunity to sit as close as I did for this show. 5th row, dead center. I am still in shock...getting to see my favorite band and be that close to the action is one of the great thrills of my life. Damn near made an (almost) 42 year old man cry when they took the stage. Getting to see the smiles between them. Seeing the raw emotion play out in real time. Its such a different experience than being up in the nose bleeds. 

Sunday night meant so much to me. Thanks PJ, and the Ten Club. I love this band. I feel so lucky that after all this time I can still go see these guys rock the F out and have fun. Keep going. Never stop. And please...next time share some of that Green Monster bud with us!!!
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    If I hear Springsteen one more damn time...
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    Here's Ed and Bruce at Wrigley.  No one in Chicago had heard of Bruce at the time, they just showed up to watch Ed sing one song. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol8mZgq2VqE
  • mrussel1 said:
    Here's Ed and Bruce at Wrigley.  No one in Chicago had heard of Bruce at the time, they just showed up to watch Ed sing one song. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol8mZgq2VqE

I actually did show up to hear one Ed song.  I heard the rumor that afternoon that he was there and bought a ticket and drove up for it. Only 3 hour drive.  Granted, I was super stoked to see Springsteen as well, and those two Wrigley shows almost hit 4 hours each, and the second one we got rained on for 2 hours and it made the show even more fun as everyone kept dancing.  Two of my favorite concerts and I left in awe how a 60 year old had more energy than some 30 year olds.  His shows on NOT low energy, and if they were, the place would be cleared out after 2 hours instead of staying full and rocking for 4 hours. 

• If this is your view with a 10c ticket, take a photo and go see the 10c folks about it. They should be able to find you another seat.

Fenway is... an anomoly with poles and sightlines. They don’t always know that some tix in the fanclub allotment have a pole right in the way.
    Thanks for the info. You know where the 10c folks would be at Fenway? I do have photo’s...