*** Seattle, WA Fanviews Here 8/10/18 ***

Comments

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    What an incredible epic show. 3.5 hours, 36 songs. I saw tcuhem for the first time in 1992 and this show is top 3 for me. Oceans, Brain of j, immortality, missing, thin air, all or none, stbc, kick out the Jams, sonic reducer, it’s ok tag, won’t back down , leash, in hiding, and maybe the best BAba of all time? Crowd went absolutely nuts. The Cornell song was next level. Kim wearing the Cornell shirt. How does this band play like that after all these years? Was this the longest pj show ever? Best show of the tour hands down. No way does Montana, chi or  bos get anything close. A night like that doesn’t happen very often. Thank pj, with getting older and life becoming too real sometimes thanks for something to look forward to and a night to let loose and listen to the greatest band that ever stepped on a stage. 
    I had a good time last night at Fenway 1, and there was a lot I LOVED about the setlist and the band's performance. But I also had a secret smile and fire still burning because Seattle 2 is still my true true love.

• Wow!! To think that we were right there.. so privileged

• What a great picture!

Man that show was awesome. Just oozed awesomeness.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941

What a great picture!

Man that show was awesome. Just oozed awesomeness.
    I remember that feeling.   A few songs in (maybe during Brain of J) where I realize they were giving us one of those top tier PJ shows.   Big smile on my face.   You could just tell they were bringing it that night.   Amazing show.  Glad I went :)
  • Yoeddy1Yoeddy1 Boise, Idaho Posts: 103
    Seattle N2 wins best set of the tour!
    Restless soul...enjoy your youth!
  • ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,411
    Yoeddy1 said:
    I agree... Top 5 from what I read/attended

1. Seattle 2 (In my humble opinion that is probably a top 15 PJ show of all time)
    2. London 2
    3. Seattle 1
    4. Rome
    5. Fenway 2
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    Yoeddy1 said:
    Seattle 2 is the best of the last 5 years. 
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
    Yoeddy1 said:
    Yes, this, it's now official! Fenwsy 2 was wonderful, very grateful to have been there for sure!  But Seattle 2 was a game-changer. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I was there so I'm biased.  I always feel the only real way you can compare shows is if the exact same person, had the exact same seats, and went to all the shows.  Still Seattle 2 had my favourite setlist of all the 2018 shows, and it was damn long :)    Really nice to see Seattle in the conversation about being the top show of a tour.
  • Zod said:
    I was there so I'm biased.  I always feel the only real way you can compare shows is if the exact same person, had the exact same seats, and went to all the shows.  Still Seattle 2 had my favourite setlist of all the 2018 shows, and it was damn long :)    Really nice to see Seattle in the conversation about being the top show of a tour.

What's crazy is the fact that it was almost a month ago when this awesome event took place.

Our time is flying by. Can't waste any days!

I'm still feeling great about the shows (in particular this one!).
  • AaronKampAaronKamp PNW Posts: 12
    I'm still buzzing over Night 2 -- Night 1 was great too, but N2, wow.  I'm going to jump out on a limb and say it's easily in the top 5 of any concert I've been to. 

To echo other comments, I really hope they release a video and vinyl of the show. 
    '91:  8/23, 12/15 | '92:  1/3, 7/22 | '93:  9/5, 12/7, 12/8, 12/9 | '95:  2/5, 6/24, 9/13, 11/4 | '96:  9/14 | '98:  7/19, 7/21, 7/22
    Y2K:  5/10, 8/4, 11/2, 11/5, 11/6 | '01: 10/22 | '02: 12/8 | '03:  5/30 | '05:  3/18, 9/1 | '09:  9/22
    '18:  8/8, 8/10, 8/13
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    Zod said:

We went to seven shows this summer, Seattle 2 was head and shoulders above the rest, probably the best PJ show we've seen (out of 21).
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    Zod said:

We went to seven shows this summer, Seattle 2 was head and shoulders above the rest, probably the best PJ show we've seen (out of 21).

That's so cool to hear! Out of curiosity, how many of the 7 you saw were US shows?  I've never seen PJ outside of the US other than Montreal, and I always wonder, is comparing US shows to Europe or S/C America apples to apples?  Or apples to oranges?
  • I went to 8 shows this year.  Seattle 2 was by far the best.  Hands down.  Honorable mention to Chicago 2.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    I've been to over 50 PJ shows beginning at Lolla 92, seen Floyd (albeit in the 80's), Stones, Who, Metallica as early as 86, Nirvana, TOTD, hundreds of concerts... when I got back to the hotel that night I told my wife that was the most amazing musical experience of my life.  Feel very fortunate to have shared with my 16 year old son, in the pit about 7th row.  
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    JH6056 said:
    Zod said:

That's so cool to hear! Out of curiosity, how many of the 7 you saw were US shows?  I've never seen PJ outside of the US other than Montreal, and I always wonder, is comparing US shows to Europe or S/C America apples to apples?  Or apples to oranges?

I was at Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 1&2, Boston 1&2.

I'm no expert, I'd guess that comparing arena shows (Prague, Krakow) to ballpark shows is hard to do. Krakow was an awesome show with an amazing setlist. Seattle 2 had setlist, energy (band and crowd) and length. We were totally exhausted after Seattle 2, but I was so amped up (even after the walk back to the hotel) that I couldn't sleep. I'm pretty sure I said this way back at the beginning of this thread, but, overused as "epic" might be, it absolutely applies to Seattle 2.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Amazing show!
    JH6056 said:
    Zod said:

I'm no expert, I'd guess that comparing arena shows (Prague, Krakow) to ballpark shows is hard to do. Krakow was an awesome show with an amazing setlist. Seattle 2 had setlist, energy (band and crowd) and length. We were totally exhausted after Seattle 2, but I was so amped up (even after the walk back to the hotel) that I couldn't sleep. I'm pretty sure I said this way back at the beginning of this thread, but, overused as "epic" might be, it absolutely applies to Seattle 2.
    I'd say that overall reaction speaks for itself!  Doesn't matter what is compared to what; if it feels like you got transported to another realm, then that's what that show was, and it rocked!
    mrussel1 said:
    I've been to over 50 PJ shows beginning at Lolla 92, seen Floyd (albeit in the 80's), Stones, Who, Metallica as early as 86, Nirvana, TOTD, hundreds of concerts... when I got back to the hotel that night I told my wife that was the most amazing musical experience of my life.  Feel very fortunate to have shared with my 16 year old son, in the pit about 7th row.  
    You're lucky to have that much amazing concert experience in your memory box!  And we're all lucky that we were at THAT show that blew so many others completely away!
  • JH6056 said:
    Zod said:

Saw both Seattles, Missoula and Boston 2 on this one. I was pretty much speechless after Seattle 2. Just wow is how I felt. I honestly have never felt that way after any show, Pearl Jam or otherwise. I'm not sure where to exactly put my finger on it but I agree with the all you said -- set, energy, length, all of it. It was amazing and I still felt that way. I really, really liked Boston 2 and I got a few songs I've been seriously waiting for in Red Mosquito, Smile and Thumbing My Way and I still don't think it came close to Seattle 2. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    JH6056 said:
    Zod said:

I went to the same shows as you except switch out Seattle 1 for Wrigley 2 for me. Seattle 2 is definitely in my top 3 of the year but I have it behind Krakow and Berlin. Not knocking Seattle 2 as it was a phenomenal show but the other 2 were just a bit better imo. 
  • Rats ->In Hiding->Whipping  was my 3 song highlight that night and I'm still thinking about it.   A funky beat, to singing at the top of your lungs, to just completely rockin out. 
  • AaronKamp said:
    I'm still buzzing over Night 2 -- Night 1 was great too, but N2, wow.  I'm going to jump out on a limb and say it's easily in the top 5 of any concert I've been to. 

To echo other comments, I really hope they release a video and vinyl of the show. 
    @AaronKamp That's pretty awesome considering the number of shows you've seen in the '90s!
  • fmillanfmillan Chile Posts: 61
    edited September 2018
    Just finished listening to the bootleg adn WOW, so glad and lucky that i was there. Going through somesad/ difficult times now and reliving this experience helped me today. Thin Air/All or None back to back, OMG. Rats/Leash/Whipping/Brain of J/Spin The Black Circle all in one show!!!! Met the nicest people at the merchline, and GA, wish I asked their names/Facebook etc. To me, out of the shows I atended is a tie between Seattle 2 and Santiago 1. Can't wait for the next tour and hpe to meet some of you and who knows, host some of you for the next Santiago show.
    Post edited by fmillan on
  • Rats ->In Hiding->Whipping  was my 3 song highlight that night and I'm still thinking about it.   A funky beat, to singing at the top of your lungs, to just completely rockin out. 
    Was amazing.

Crazy Mary, Jeremy, and Leash strung together at the start of the second encore was the second stanza I really dug.

Gawd that show was great.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Listening to the boot is bringing back some great memories. So much awesomeness that night. 
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep said:
    Listening to the boot is bringing back some great memories. So much awesomeness that night. 

Yup.

And a song I go to every now and then when the mood hits me is Can't Deny Me. I remember the song at the show and I was impressed- it was loud and proud. Listening to it on the bootleg brings me back to that feeling I felt about it in the moment- the guitar sounds great.

I mean... this tune should have been one of the weaker moments of the night and it was not weak by any stretch.

Great show.

• Looking at the pic and listening to Oceans from the boot. I feel lucky to be alive and have experienced nights like that
    seen em at: 08/31/98 - Raleigh : 05/10/00 - Mnt Baker Theatre, Wa : 11/02/00 - PDX  : 11/05/00 & 11/06/00 - SEA : 4/3/03 - OKC : 10/03/04 - Grand Rapids : 05/03/10 - KC : 11/15/13 - Dallas : 11/16/13 - OKC  : 10/09/14 - Tulsa : 11/20/2016 - ToTD Seattle : 08/10/2018 - SEA : 09/20/2022 - OKC
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"