Kiss

Comments

• redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Seeing Gene in a few weeks here in Oz....
    Ace is his support act!!!  :rock_on::rock_on:
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited August 2018
    redraw said:
    Seeing Gene in a few weeks here in Oz....
    Ace is his support act!!!  :rock_on::rock_on:
    Sounds amazing. Gene was CRAZY entertaining with a fun setlist here in Sweden. He talked a bit much, overdoing his crummy "sex" jokes. But whatever.

And seeing him and Ace together - beats 2018 version of KISS. :O 

Hoping they'll do a long encore together at the end of Genes set.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• 1. Without You I’m Nothing (4:06) - Frehley / Simmons
    2. Rockin’ With the Boys (4:15)
    3. Your Wish Is My Command (3:38) - Frehley / Simmons
    4. Bronx Boy (2:50) - Frehley / Mancuso
    5. Pursuit of Rock and Roll (4:32)
    6. I Wanna Go Back (4:01)
    7. Mission to Mars (3:39)
    8. Off My Back (3:38)
    9. Quantum Flux {Instrumental} (6:28)

New single:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0u7z7enTQU
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    suck.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

• UNMASKED (1980). Vini Poncia keeps on winning. Another album fillled with great (pop) songs. No Peter Criss in the band at this time, but would have loved to have seen the ’80 tour. Could be my favorite album by the band. 

• THE ELDER (1981). Biggest misfire in music history? As soon as the medieval music starts and Paul Stanley sings about some boy you feel like you’re in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Cringy and boring. The song ”I” was fun with Gene live, but here its as meh as the rest.

• THE ELDER (1981). Biggest misfire in music history? As soon as the medieval music starts and Paul Stanley sings about some boy you feel like you’re in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Cringy and boring. The song ”I” was fun with Gene live, but here its as meh as the rest.
    I've been a huge Kiss fan since 1978. The original lineup will always be my favorite, but this is easily my favorite album. The only one I can listen to all the way through.

Agree with your assessment of Rock and Roll Over. The album cover is amazing (only second to Destroyer), but the album is pretty meh. I love Take Me, Baby Driver, I Want You, and Hard Luck Woman, but the rest of the album is just ok. And Love em and Leave Em is one of their worst songs, with really cringeworthy lyrics.
    San Francisco, CA 05/15/92 07/16/06
    Mountain View, CA 07/18/92 10/02/94 10/31/00 06/01/03 10/26/03
    San Jose, CA 10/30/93 11/04/95
    Sacramento,CA 07/16/98
    Knoxville, TN 09/06/98
    Oakland, CA 11/26/13  05/12/22
    Seattle, WA 08/10/18

I've been a huge Kiss fan since 1978. The original lineup will always be my favorite, but this is easily my favorite album. The only one I can listen to all the way through.

Agree with your assessment of Rock and Roll Over. The album cover is amazing (only second to Destroyer), but the album is pretty meh. I love Take Me, Baby Driver, I Want You, and Hard Luck Woman, but the rest of the album is just ok. And Love em and Leave Em is one of their worst songs, with really cringeworthy lyrics.
    You no like Dr. Love?
    "My brain's a good brain!"

• CREATURES OF THE NIGHT (1982). This is one solid record. Had to give it a thought — why I like it so much? Realised it’s because it’s so Gene-heavy and both his heavy songs and coarse but laidback voice is great on here. Pauls songs aren’t bad either. I Still Love you is the bands best ballad, even with all the cheese.

• CREATURES OF THE NIGHT (1982). This is one solid record. Had to give it a thought — why I like it so much? Realised it’s because it’s so Gene-heavy and both his heavy songs and coarse but laidback voice is great on here. Pauls songs aren’t bad either. I Still Love you is the bands best ballad, even with all the cheese.
    Love this album. Still reeling from the late 70's early 80's swoon this should have been a bigger album.  Better than Lick It Up which was aided by the make-up coming off.

• 1. Without You I’m Nothing (4:06) - Frehley / Simmons
    2. Rockin’ With the Boys (4:15)
    3. Your Wish Is My Command (3:38) - Frehley / Simmons
    4. Bronx Boy (2:50) - Frehley / Mancuso
    5. Pursuit of Rock and Roll (4:32)
    6. I Wanna Go Back (4:01)
    7. Mission to Mars (3:39)
    8. Off My Back (3:38)
    9. Quantum Flux {Instrumental} (6:28)

New single:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0u7z7enTQU

Ace needs some quality control in his organization.  Bad cover.

Love this album. Still reeling from the late 70's early 80's swoon this should have been a bigger album.  Better than Lick It Up which was aided by the make-up coming off.
    Yeah. Should have been released instead of The Elder.

You no like Dr. Love?
    It's decent, just not one of my favorites.

San Francisco, CA 05/15/92 07/16/06
    Mountain View, CA 07/18/92 10/02/94 10/31/00 06/01/03 10/26/03
    San Jose, CA 10/30/93 11/04/95
    Sacramento,CA 07/16/98
    Knoxville, TN 09/06/98
    Oakland, CA 11/26/13  05/12/22
    Seattle, WA 08/10/18

• LICK IT UP (1983). Not really sure what happend between Creatures of the Night and this album - but the band turned into pure filth and with Pauls’ singing hurting my ears. Not even the title track is that fun except for the so-bad-they’re-good lyrics.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• Animalize (1984). Weak. I like the Gene song ”Lonely is the Hunter” but the rest is pretty underwhelming.
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• Asylum (1985). Fuck it. It starts of great - Who wants to be lonely is a Top 10 song. Then it turns into nothing. But it starts off pretty good. 

• CRAZY NIGHTS (1987). Fuck it. This cynical attempt at a hit record got something going for it.

• HOT IN THE SHADE (1989). Too long. Too bland. Too boring. Bonnie Tyler does ”Hide Your Heart” better. 
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    HOT IN THE SHADE (1989). Too long. Too bland. Too boring. Bonnie Tyler does ”Hide Your Heart” better. 
    Ace does Hide Your Heart best on his Trouble Walkin’ album.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    alive II

• Milestone said:
    HOT IN THE SHADE (1989). Too long. Too bland. Too boring. Bonnie Tyler does ”Hide Your Heart” better. 
    Ace does Hide Your Heart best on his Trouble Walkin’ album.
    Naw, Bonnie Tyler does it best :) 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Would love to see them. But did start to listen to them this summer, two months after they toured my city...

Would rather go see Ace Frehley than Kiss though.
    I saw Ace open for maiden in probably 87.. Somewhere in time tour,  perhaps.  He was good by I was only 13 and focused on Maiden. 
  • Another cover it seems:

• REVENGE (1992). Pauls midlife crisis sexism going overboard here. But both Take it Off and I Just Wanna has a hell of a hook. Unholy is great. God Gave Rock N Roll to You II is the worst shit I’ve ever heard. The rest of the songs are pretty bland wrapped in a nice production.

REVENGE (1992). Pauls midlife crisis sexism going overboard here. But both Take it Off and I Just Wanna has a hell of a hook. Unholy is great. God Gave Rock N Roll to You II is the worst shit I’ve ever heard. The rest of the songs are pretty bland wrapped in a nice production.
    Is that like the sequel to "On the 8th Day" from Lick it Up, I believe (also a terrible song..)
    Oh wait.. I do remember that song..  it really sucked.  
    On Classic Rewind the other day, they played "I was made for lovin' you"... first time I'd heard that in 30 years probably.  Not so good either.... but I don't give much credit to Kiss. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    Oh wait.. I do remember that song..  it really sucked.  
    On Classic Rewind the other day, they played "I was made for lovin' you"... first time I'd heard that in 30 years probably.  Not so good either.... but I don't give much credit to Kiss. 
    I was made for loving you is great. I like the bass all through Dynasty. Great album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2i5aPG8jXw
    I guess syncing the audio to the video was too much work... although that's what happens when you use multiple versions.