Completely addicted to the bootlegs, can't decide which year/tour I like most

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Wobbie said:
    I've been collecting these at a rapid pace since earlier this year when we bought tickets for Wrigley, my first show.  I think I'm up to 55 or so and have listened to all but a few of them.  Most of them are more recent shows but it sounds like I need to go back and get more from the early 2000's.  I have most of the "classic" shows like State College, the 03 Boston shows, and the 09 Spectrum shows.  I have my free download code to use from Ten Club so any suggestions?
    If you don't already have Katowice 6-16-00, grab it!

if that’s the one with the sparse crowd, we agree!

probably my favorite boot of all time.
    The crowd is pretty thin (on the boot at least).  This was night 2 at Spodek and the boot got the Ape/Man treatment.  Of all the shows I haven't been to, I've probably listened to this one the most.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    rafo said:
    Have to go with the '03 & '05 tours as well.  Something about the sound quality on those boots puts them above all the others, plus the band was on freakin point!
    even the 2004 VFC unofficial boots sound awesome, hope the band releases them someday!
    which is the best in terms of sound??...
    The Toledo show sounds really good, I hope we get a vault release from that tour.  As far as my favorite, nothing beats the 2000 Euro shows. I go back to those more often than any other. The 2005 North American shows are incredible too, especially the Gorge. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Listening to Halifax 05 now with an Oliva and some Dalmore. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Wobbie said:
    I've been collecting these at a rapid pace since earlier this year when we bought tickets for Wrigley, my first show.  I think I'm up to 55 or so and have listened to all but a few of them.  Most of them are more recent shows but it sounds like I need to go back and get more from the early 2000's.  I have most of the "classic" shows like State College, the 03 Boston shows, and the 09 Spectrum shows.  I have my free download code to use from Ten Club so any suggestions?

if that’s the one with the sparse crowd, we agree!

probably my favorite boot of all time.
    The crowd is pretty thin (on the boot at least).  This was night 2 at Spodek and the boot got the Ape/Man treatment.  Of all the shows I haven't been to, I've probably listened to this one the most.

that’s the one!

fuck the cubs.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    rummy said:
    Oddly enough, my two favourite years are PB11041 said:
    Tours in order of magnitude of awesomeness of show performances
    1992 (particularly Europe)
    1996 (particularly Europe)
    1993-94

Oddly enough, my two favourite years are two you didn't include - 2011 and 2012. Not a ton of them from those two years but there are many great performances. I might be a bit bias too as it was these two years when I really started to get into the band.
    Mostly I just don't consider 2011 and 2012 to be tours really.  The same with this year, it is really just a collection of shows. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    rummy said:
    I appreciate/agree with the 1995, '96, and '98 choices but there are too few ((compared to 2000 and beyond) high quality ones for me to put those years in the running.
    there are a ton of high quality mixes, eqd audience tapes and just straight up great audience recordings from 1995 through 1998.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    First bootleg I ever bought. Bought it back in the day and believe it was from Sam the Record Man.

Personally I love the boots from 2013-2018
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    I listen to the 2000 boots than any other PJ recordings. Ed’s voice, guitar tones and setlists are awesome. Binaural is my favorite album so that is a large part of the reason.
  • lukemil33lukemil33 Vandalia, OH Posts: 231
    I've only really listened to Pearl Jam through bootlegs for about a year and a half now and my favorite years are probably 2003 and 2013-18. A lot of gems hidden in 2003 and the whole run of shows from 13-18 has been amazing. 2000 has some shows I love, but just not my favorite year overall.
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    So interesting that so many of you love 2003 best.  I only saw 2 shows in '03, and one of them (Hershey) was hands down my least favorite PJ show of all my 58ish.  But apparently I missed a lot of great shows?  What are considered the standout shows of 2003 from a bootleg POV?  And if you say Hershey I'm gonna scream LOL!
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited August 2018
    JH6056 said:
    So interesting that so many of you love 2003 best.  I only saw 2 shows in '03, and one of them (Hershey) was hands down my least favorite PJ show of all my 58ish.  But apparently I missed a lot of great shows?  What are considered the standout shows of 2003 from a bootleg POV?  And if you say Hershey I'm gonna scream LOL!
    they played like 77 shows, so it's really hard to pick, so many great shows many in smaller venues with great setlists, when you play that many shows you are going to have some off nights, Hershey that was the night the girl with the small tits (mosquito bites) took her shirt off & Eddie made a big deal about it
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riot_Act_Tour

Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
    Yup, that was the mosquito bite show.  But like I always say... PJ on their worst night live is still better than 90% of bands on their best night, so it still wasn't an actually "bad" show.

I get that there were a lot of shows that year, but just like in 2000 Katowice and Seattle 2 were considered by many to be the best of the best, what's the best of the best for 2003?  Or just some stand out ones?  I'd like to listen to a couple to compare with my faves from 2000 or 1998.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    PB11041 said:
    rummy said:
    I appreciate/agree with the 1995, '96, and '98 choices but there are too few ((compared to 2000 and beyond) high quality ones for me to put those years in the running.
    there are a ton of high quality mixes, eqd audience tapes and just straight up great audience recordings from 1995 through 1998.

How do they compare when you put them against the 2000-2018 bootlegs - or the official vault releases like Constitution Hall or Soldier Field? I've listened to a few Randall's Island 2, 1996... MSG 2, 1998 and while they are decent enough, they don't quite reach the standard of the official ones. Maybe I am downloading the wrong version?
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    JH6056 said:
    Yup, that was the mosquito bite show.  But like I always say... PJ on their worst night live is still better than 90% of bands on their best night, so it still wasn't an actually "bad" show.

I get that there were a lot of shows that year, but just like in 2000 Katowice and Seattle 2 were considered by many to be the best of the best, what's the best of the best for 2003?  Or just some stand out ones?  I'd like to listen to a couple to compare with my faves from 2000 or 1998.
    Charlotte 4/16/03 is one of my personal favorites of that tour.  Opens with still in my mind one of the best sometimes they have played.  Crowd noise is good, in fact ed says that they’re much better than Raleigh the night before...  just a recommendation, give it a listen and see what you think.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    JH6056 said:

try State College, PA for starters
    https://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules/jinzora2/index.php?nuCU0sannA===ZpZllZRlZGdqYZFtYJZmWXuosMfKgoOf152Sn1SpntGoy6eCuqGdrZym1KGn31OJmqiikIW1rZHZnlF0o9KlyJvLYYK1dA==&ext.html
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    That's a beautiful sight.  

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
    JH6056 said:

https://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules/jinzora2/index.php?nuCU0sannA===ZpZllZRlZGdqYZFtYJZmWXuosMfKgoOf152Sn1SpntGoy6eCuqGdrZym1KGn31OJmqiikIW1rZHZnlF0o9KlyJvLYYK1dA==&ext.html
    JH6056 said:

Charlotte 4/16/03 is one of my personal favorites of that tour.  Opens with still in my mind one of the best sometimes they have played.  Crowd noise is good, in fact ed says that they’re much better than Raleigh the night before...  just a recommendation, give it a listen and see what you think.
    Thanks both of you!
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    JH6056 said:
    JH6056 said:

JH6056 said:

Thanks both of you!
    Sure- hey, shoot me a PM... I’ll mail you a few original 2003 bootlegs I have duplicates of- including the infamous Mansfield “experiment.” No charge, consider it a friend sharing the Jam.  It’ll be my good deed for the week,
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    JH6056 said:
    JH6056 said:

JH6056 said:

Thanks both of you!
    Sure- hey, shoot me a PM... I’ll mail you a few original 2003 bootlegs I have duplicates of- including the infamous Mansfield “experiment.” No charge, consider it a friend sharing the Jam.  It’ll be my good deed for the week,
    Whoa, you guys are spoiling me for the rest of the world and reality with all this AWESOME GENEROSITY and KINDNESS!!!  You are too cool!  PMing you now...  Wow, just an amazing gesture, thank you!
    JH6056 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JH6056 said:

JH6056 said:

Thanks both of you!
    Whoa, you guys are spoiling me for the rest of the world and reality with all this AWESOME GENEROSITY and KINDNESS!!!  You are too cool!  PMing you now...  Wow, just an amazing gesture, thank you!
    Yes, that's totally awesome, so many hella cool PJ fans, such a generous gesture 
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    I don't know if the download links are active, but I'd recommend doing a Porch search search for "JWB".  The pre-2000 master bootlegs are fantastic.  The Live on Three Legs 2000 tour compilation is incredible. The compilers of these sets even did artwork to accompany the awesome music. Incredible work by Pearl Jam fans!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    JH6056 said:
    I ve also seen 58 shows and Hershey is the worst out of all of them. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    JH6056 said:
    I think Mosquito Bites threw Ed of his game that night
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,357
    I tend to go back to 2000 and 2006 bootlegs the most. However, there are some stellar shows in 2013/2014.

2003 bootleg recommendations:

Toyko - March 3rd
    Osaka - March 4th

Nashville - April 18th
    Champaign - April 23rd
    Philly - April 28th
    Uniondale - April 30th
    Buffalo - May 2nd

Little Rock - June 10th
    Bonner Springs - June 12th
    Council Bluffs - June 13th
    Boston trilogy - July 2nd, 3rd, & 11th
    Holmdel - July 14th

Mexico City all three nights are spectacular - July 17th, 18th, & 19th.

2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
    The Rock said:
    I tend to go back to 2000 and 2006 bootlegs the most. However, there are some stellar shows in 2013/2014.

Toyko - March 3rd
    Osaka - March 4th

Nashville - April 18th
    Champaign - April 23rd
    Philly - April 28th
    Uniondale - April 30th
    Buffalo - May 2nd

Little Rock - June 10th
    Holmdel - July 14th

Great suggestions
    add in Alpine too great set list and performance 
    mcgruff10 said:
    JH6056 sa id:
    Wow, that is so interesting!
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    edited August 2018
    2005 & 2006 homemade bootleg porn:

I think I just bought the same carpet. :lol: pottery barn.

Collection is BEAUTIFULL
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
    The Rock said:

Toyko - March 3rd
    Osaka - March 4th

Nashville - April 18th
    Champaign - April 23rd
    Philly - April 28th
    Uniondale - April 30th
    Buffalo - May 2nd

Little Rock - June 10th
    Holmdel - July 14th

I 2nd the Philly 4/28/03 bootleg, Great crowd. Great venue. 
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    2003 is great to sift through.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    The Rock said:

Toyko - March 3rd
    Osaka - March 4th

Nashville - April 18th
    Champaign - April 23rd
    Philly - April 28th
    Uniondale - April 30th
    Buffalo - May 2nd

Little Rock - June 10th
    Holmdel - July 14th

Great suggestions
    add in Alpine too great set list and performance