Monday 8/20 Weather

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    mcgruff10 said:
    Playing this one to get the good vibes flowing. 

Then open your freezer and play Oct 8th! 
    Glad I chose Rosemont Horizon/Allstate Arena over Alpine Valley that year though I'm sure it was a memorable night.
    Left early, but I thought someone said they ran out if hot chocolate.  Poor planning, I suppose. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    And it is pouring again. 

mcgruff, take pics tonight! Have a blast!
    Will do!!! I just want the rain to go away so this show happens. 
    Don't stress. It will happen.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Its looking more optimistic at the moment than it has all week
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    That was fun.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    Hi! said:
    That was fun.
    This this is one to remember. 
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    MayDay10 said:
    My wife is going with me to ga.... she is currently taking it out on my ass at nordstrom
    LOL! My wife did the same, before the Saturday show!!!
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Well we made it!
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    The weather added to the night. Hope everyone stayed safe on the rush back to GA. The older ushers never stood a chance. 
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518

Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • xjoshfromworkxxjoshfromworkx Moline, IL Posts: 138
    Rain was cool but cutting into their set time was a bummer!

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    So, how many people that didn't have GA got in anyway?

PJNB said:

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I see no lessons were learned in 2013, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    It was a shit show Allie. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PH20PH20 Posts: 466

Hey!  That’s the picture I copied you on. My filters don’t make it look that cool though. Lol.  Hope you and the lady had a nice show. Safe travels back to Boston. 
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    My guess...tons. They shifted us up in the stands. There were going to be people running from 4 main directions. I did end up a little closer than originally. But it wasn't malicious. I didn't spring and leave my girlfriend behind for a better spot. One guy was pushing his girl up and telling her to just go and he would find her. I told him to go in front of me. It was a mess and you k ow it was all going to happen. No way they could verify everyone who had wristbands. Or keep up with catching them if they didn't have wristbands.

When I got to my spot, I could see/hear folks in the first 2/3 rows jumping and hollering at their newfound ip front. A clear indication that they were nowhere close to there originally. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    PJNB said:
    Geez...watching that is crazy. It was like a stampede of elephants. Security didn’t stand a chance 
  • pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    edited August 2018
    Rain was cool, the show was okay and a shortened set was a bummer. The show is possibly the worst pj show I have seen out of 20ish . Still better than every other band I’ve seen live. So great weekend in my book. 
    Rain was cool, the show was okay and a shortened set was a bummer. The show is possibly the worst pj show I have seen out of 20ish . Still better than every other band I’ve seen live. So great weekend in my book. 
    Damn...you must have seen some great ones! 
  • tup30tup30 Posts: 115
    it was a bit alarming to watch the GA herd unleashed after rain delay from our vantage point on third base side.  quite a few folks wiped out and fell on their asses.  
  • PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    Hey I actually enjoyed the rushed feel of the show. Thought it was high energy mostly going from one song right into the next. And seemed like Eddie was leaving it all out there even though he was running out of breath and singing only parts of lines etc. I thought it was one of the coolest.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    bbiggs said:
    I’ve seen way more than 20 and it wasn’t nearly that bad. Had a lot of fun, maybe even more than Saturday night
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    bbiggs said:
    I’ve seen way more than 20 and it wasn’t nearly that bad. Had a lot of fun, maybe even more than Saturday night
    Agreed. I thought the show was fantastic. 
  • pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    I was not a fan of the set list or most of the covers played. Highlights to me was immortality/comeback/in my tree/smile. I have been lucky to see some sweet shows. Was just my opinion of last night. I’m happy others had a blast I just was not blown away like I normally am. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    It just amazes me that they let it happen AGAIN. It would not be difficult to do a controlled reentry. It wouldn't even take that many staff. I guess I'm just kind of surprised that after 2013, they didn't come up with a GA reentry policy that prevented this, considering that safety is such an issue when there is a stampede. And now I'm reading about the stories of how some people behaved once they got back in the pit, literally as though their name had been carved into their previous spot.... Some people man, geez.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    It just amazes me that they let it happen AGAIN. It would not be difficult to do a controlled reentry. It wouldn't even take that many staff. I guess I'm just kind of surprised that after 2013, they didn't come up with a GA reentry policy that prevented this, considering that safety is such an issue when there is a stampede. And now I'm reading about the stories of how some people behaved once they got back in the pit, literally as though their name had been carved into their previous spot.... Some people man, geez.
    In all fairness to the Wrigley Field security and staff, I don’t think there was anything they could have done to prevent this. They were simply outnumbered. And you are right. Once back in the pit, people turned real ugly. It got hostile at times to the point I thought a brawl was going to break out. It’s surprising that no one ended up getting injured. 
    bbiggs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    In all fairness to the Wrigley Field security and staff, I don’t think there was anything they could have done to prevent this. They were simply outnumbered. And you are right. Once back in the pit, people turned real ugly. It got hostile at times to the point I thought a brawl was going to break out. It’s surprising that no one ended up getting injured. 
    I definitely think there was something they could have done to prevent this dangerous stampede. All they needed was a controlled reentry. I.e. make everyone line up and only allow a limited number of people at time to walk back to the field, in queue. The venue definitely has control over the field entry points. No running. Have a few from security there to enforce it. Once you include actual rules and organization and security, people tend to behave themselves.
    PJ_Soul said:
    bbiggs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I definitely think there was something they could have done to prevent this dangerous stampede. All they needed was a controlled reentry. I.e. make everyone line up and only allow a limited number of people at time to walk back to the field, in queue. The venue definitely has control over the field entry points. No running. Have a few from security there to enforce it. Once you include actual rules and organization and security, people tend to behave themselves.
    They had several people at my entry point and stated very clearly that anyone who ran would be ejected. The moment they said you’re free to go, all bets were off and all hell broke loose. What you’re saying makes perfect sense on paper. Executing it last night was not happening. 
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    I was not a fan of the set list or most of the covers played. Highlights to me was immortality/comeback/in my tree/smile. I have been lucky to see some sweet shows. Was just my opinion of last night. I’m happy others had a blast I just was not blown away like I normally am. 
    That’s how I feel 
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I loved this thread, it kept me entertained the whole weekend