Options

Anyone else surprised they finally played 'Leash'?

The DarknessThe Darkness Posts: 41
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they've gotten around to playing it. It's one of their most rocking songs ever.

But seriously, I never expected to see the song turn up in a setlist again. I always thought that they didn't play the song simply because it no longer resonated with them (ie., the 'we are young, we are young' bit in the chorus). I'm glad to be proven wrong, though, but did anyone else thing that they would never again hear this song in concert?

PS....maybe they'll bring out 'Push Me, Pull Me' some time!!
I've got to admit, it's getting better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421

I'd rather hear 'No Way' or 'Who You Are'
  • Options
    Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    LongRoad wrote:
    I'd rather hear 'No Way' or 'Who You Are'

Ditto.

But yeh.........I did not expect Leash to be played this tour.
    I really thought that had been hung up for good.
    I was taken off guard when they just jumped into it in Boston.
    Very surprised..........and very happy.
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    exolsticeexolstice Posts: 85
    Pearl Jam is always full of surprises.
  • Options
    KMK182KMK182 Posts: 16
    Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they've gotten around to playing it. It's one of their most rocking songs ever.

But seriously, I never expected to see the song turn up in a setlist again. I always thought that they didn't play the song simply because it no longer resonated with them (ie., the 'we are young, we are young' bit in the chorus). I'm glad to be proven wrong, though, but did anyone else thing that they would never again hear this song in concert?

Its what the fans wanted, so I'm glad they finally did it. Not my favorite song, and I'd rather hear more No Code, but glad the band did it. I can only think that maybe they just didn't remember how to play it, that's why it took so long. But personally after seeing it twice in Camden, I thought Ed taunting people about playing it was better than hearing it.
    05.28.06: Camden
    05.27.06: Camden
    10.03.05: Philly
    10.01.04: Reading
    07.12.03: Hershey
    04.26.03: Pittsburgh