what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    23scidoo said:
    bluegrace said:
    Summer heat, tired of it. We need rain, much more rain.
    Come to Greece..its the summer of rain!!
    Oh, I am def going back to Greece sometime, only ever been to Athens, but it was fab.

Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    bluegrace said:  Is it climate change? I think so.
    Definitely. The average global temperature has increased by 1 Celsius degree.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    edited August 2018
    bluegrace said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    bluegrace said:
    Ugh. Me too. When I was growing up we'd have a really hot day here and there, but now we're having extended heat waves every summer - worse and worse each year. Ongoing heat and sun is so oppressive. I think I understand why most really volatile regions in the world are also some of the hottest. Constant heat and sun makes populations more cranky!
    Exactly the same here. When I was growing up we had one or two hot days occasionally, but now we've had 24 days in July with a temperature over or about 30 degrees Celsius. And sunny. No rain. The heat and the sun is really making me tired, and not just me of course. Is it climate change? I think so.

Absolutely it's climate change - fact, not opinion!
    But I am happy to report that our heatwave is finally over as of today!! It's overcast right now, comfortable.... There was even some rain in the forecast yesterday, but today, that's changed - no rain coming besides a shower or two maybe. :frowning: But it's sooo nice not to be broiling hot finally!!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Someone should be spend some time writing about this: A Greek football team’s announcement video of an English footballer of Nigerian descent that includes a hip hop track by an American boxing Olympic silver medalist who holds dual Russian citizenship. ~ Franklin Leonard

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    Portland. Shit's going down today. Be safe.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited August 2018

When the shit goes down

You better be ready

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    Shit, I stand tall with the hill clan, y’all

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    It's is super humid outside. It's like a long hotflash. It's awful. 
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,819
    nothing like waking up to find a bat flying around your apartment. Sorry Mr./Ms. bat for accidentally knocking you out. Its fine, flew out my balcony door.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    Life  :|=)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    My childhood home is going up in flames, it's breaking my heart.

Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Getting out of the office for a relaxing weekend.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,473

That's sad my friend..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    he is back...
    hehheheheheheehhehe
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    he is back...
    hehheheheheheehhehe
     B) 
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004

I'm very sorry, this is horrible.
    Hugs to you!
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    edited August 2018

It seems like the whole province is burning. Sending you, and everyone else dealing with this horror, love and light.
    Post edited by Fifthelement on
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    I’ve been out of the province for about a week and it’s shocking how much the devastation has increased. As this article shows, you can see the smoke from space. Prince George, where I grew up, looked like the middle of the night several hours after sunrise today. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/bc-fires-satellite-1.4789298
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Blame God. fuck! Still has me all riled up. FUCK YOU old dead cunts for creating "goddddddd" ya bunch of fuckers didn't know the wrath you'd create this far into the future. FFFFFFFFFFuuuuuuuuck! Well well... I am just a pissy old shit stain right now. I'll fuck off son here lol.
    I love you.

I hope the fucking fires stop soon. God damn buuuuuuuullshit.

laterrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!

Stay safe! :hug:
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited August 2018
    "Living is the best revenge"...I saw Eddie Vedder quote this once, back in the nineties I think.   It always stood with me as a great motto about not committing suicide, since I battled that beast of depression for so many decades. But now I think I know what he was referring to.  Now, to me, it means there are going to be people that wish me dead and don't like what I have to say or stand for.  There are going to be KKK and Nazi-loving folk who don't want me in their way, for spreading love, peace and hope in the world, for promoting good vibes and energy on the internet.  There are going to be people that just want me to be okay with Trump as President, and they will despise me for not looking the other way.  To those haters, I say, "Living is the best revenge".
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
    edited August 2018
    ^ Exactly what I'm needing right now! :plus_one: Thank you for your wise words! :smile:

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    "Living is the best revenge"...I saw Eddie Vedder quote this once, back in the nineties I think.   It always stood with me as a great motto about not committing suicide, since I battled that beast of depression for so many decades. But now I think I know what he was referring to.  Now, to me, it means there are going to be people that wish me dead and don't like what I have to say or stand for.  There are going to be KKK and Nazi-loving folk who don't want me in their way, for spreading love, peace and hope in the world, for promoting good vibes and energy on the internet.  There are going to be people that just want me to be okay with Trump as President, and they will despise me for not looking the other way.  To those haters, I say, "Living is the best revenge".
    :triumph:  This makes me smile! :peace:
  • Pap said:
    ^ Exactly what I'm needing right now! :plus_one: Thank you for your wise words! :smile:

Sweet!  Downloading that song for sure :)
  • kce8 said:
    :triumph:  This makes me smile! :peace: 
    :)
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    bluegrace said:
    Ugh. Me too. When I was growing up we'd have a really hot day here and there, but now we're having extended heat waves every summer - worse and worse each year. Ongoing heat and sun is so oppressive. I think I understand why most really volatile regions in the world are also some of the hottest. Constant heat and sun makes populations more cranky!
    I firmly believe if you had to deal with Winnipeg winters you'd be more than happy with a hot summer!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    bluegrace said:
    I firmly believe if you had to deal with Winnipeg winters you'd be more than happy with a hot summer!
    Nah. It doesn't work that way. A very cold winter wouldn't change the fact that I am really, really horribly physically uncomfortable in hot weather, and it also really affects my mood. I literally get seasonal affective disorder from hot weather. If I lived in Winnipeg I'd simply be more miserable more of the time. :lol: Although frigid weather doesn't bother me one bit, and I actually specifically like temps that are below freezing, so I might actually like Winnipeg winters. Just bundle up. I mean yeah, -30C is a bit much, lol, but I guarantee you I'd prefer that by far over 30C.
    But anyway, the heat isn't the problem here right now. The choking smoke from the wildfires is.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    bluegrace said:
    Nah. It doesn't work that way. A very cold winter wouldn't change the fact that I am really, really horribly physically uncomfortable in hot weather, and it also really affects my mood. I literally get seasonal affective disorder from hot weather. If I lived in Winnipeg I'd simply be more miserable more of the time. :lol: Although frigid weather doesn't bother me one bit, and I actually specifically like temps that are below freezing, so I might actually like Winnipeg winters. Just bundle up. I mean yeah, -30C is a bit much, lol, but I guarantee you I'd prefer that by far over 30C.
    But anyway, the heat isn't the problem here right now. The choking smoke from the wildfires is.
    I think it works that way to a degree, but I know what you mean. 

-30 isn't that bad. what's bad is when you factor the prairie wind, and it becomes -fuckinghell. bundling isn't the problem. sometimes you need a breathing apparatus so your lungs don't turn to ice. 

I'm not a small man, and I still love sitting on the beach for hours at a time in 30C. I have the skin this summer to prove it. LOL

I can only imagine what the smoke is like locally. even here people are having breathing problems because of it, and we've had colder days and orange suns intermittently for the last few weeks. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    bluegrace said:
    I think it works that way to a degree, but I know what you mean. 

-30 isn't that bad. what's bad is when you factor the prairie wind, and it becomes -fuckinghell. bundling isn't the problem. sometimes you need a breathing apparatus so your lungs don't turn to ice. 

I'm not a small man, and I still love sitting on the beach for hours at a time in 30C. I have the skin this summer to prove it. LOL

I can only imagine what the smoke is like locally. even here people are having breathing problems because of it, and we've had colder days and orange suns intermittently for the last few weeks. 
    Indoors is nice, lol. I'd still seriously way rather just deal with never going outside or bring through a mask in the winter than dealing with unbearable heat in the summer. But yeah, basically when weather gets so that you're really inconvenienced from it, it fucking sucks .... for most people that doesn't include hot days, but it just does for me.... Obviously I'm not moving to Winnipeg any time soon. ;)