Options

Wrigley Merch

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    pjl44 said:
    dougfloyd said:
    Are there any actuall pictures of the merch? Not the advertisement PJ sent out but in person pictures?
    Only ones I've seen are from looking on ebay.

This has kind of turned into a joke.   Everything I've seen from people waiting in line.  The fact that they play two shows and the merch tents are open for 6 days??   People buying duffel bags full of stuff and then people that just want a shirt and poster get to the front after waiting 3-4 hours and the things they want ONE of are gone.  You can't tell me they don't know what's going on.   Shit was on ebay 10 minutes after the tents opened the first day.   I guess we're at the point where they just want to sell as much stuff as possible and don't care.         
    Weren't people reporting the exact opposite yesterday? Barely any wait from mid afternoon on and fully stocked.
    Precisely. 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    pjl44 said:
    dougfloyd said:
    Are there any actuall pictures of the merch? Not the advertisement PJ sent out but in person pictures?

This has kind of turned into a joke.   Everything I've seen from people waiting in line.  The fact that they play two shows and the merch tents are open for 6 days??   People buying duffel bags full of stuff and then people that just want a shirt and poster get to the front after waiting 3-4 hours and the things they want ONE of are gone.  You can't tell me they don't know what's going on.   Shit was on ebay 10 minutes after the tents opened the first day.   I guess we're at the point where they just want to sell as much stuff as possible and don't care.         
    Weren't people reporting the exact opposite yesterday? Barely any wait from mid afternoon on and fully stocked.

Yep.  Got there around 3:30 and got everything I wanted.  In and out of there in 10 mins.
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    pjl44 said:
    dougfloyd said:

No idea.......just going off what I heard day 1.   Kind of stopped paying attention

Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    I asked but not sure where now so no idea if someone answered! 

Are they giving you a bag bag for your merch when you buy it?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I asked but not sure where now so no idea if someone answered! 

Are they giving you a bag bag for your merch when you buy it?
    Yes, brown paper bags if you ask for one. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,056
    pjl44 said:
    dougfloyd said:

No idea.......just going off what I heard day 1.   Kind of stopped paying attention

Well then you stand dramatically corrected 
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Uhm, yea. I have not heard of one person say they didnt get what they wanted. Except maybe the Thomas poster. 

And I was actually there, live.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dougfloyd said:

Corrected?   Drama?   :o  It was a shit show day 1 so......
  • Options
    mikeliskamikeliska Posts: 248
    Uhm, yea. I have not heard of one person say they didnt get what they wanted. Except maybe the Thomas poster. 

And I was actually there, live.
    I didn't get the one thing I wanted (the Thomas poster) but I was there at like 5:45 and everything else was in stock.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dougfloyd said:

• Options
    When I went at like 5pm everything was available with about a 10 minute round-trip experience. Lucked out. I did notice many "duffel bag" purchasers and people taking photos of the merch they just bought outside on tables (clearly going right on eBay). Crazy scene. If you go today and can afford to grab a couple extra items - I'm sure they'd find a happy home with other 10Cers that aren't coming in until later tonight or tomorrow. 
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dougfloyd said:

I don't think we're talking about the same merch line...
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    if you're not on the merch line and looking for something cool to do today in an hour.  DM the band via Facebook to get in to this small lounge performance  (space is very limited).  also they are playing outside Wrigley tomorrow at 5:15 after Lets Play Two.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dougfloyd said:

are you in a bad mood today or just an asshole in general? 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dougfloyd said:

are you in a bad mood today or just an asshole in general? 

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,414
    edited August 2018
    I showed up around 4 or 430 on Thursday.  It was a 25 minute process from start to finish, and 10 minutes of that was me making up my mind on sizes and which shirts, etc.   If I knew exactly what I wanted, it would have taken me 15 minutes total.  Oh, and there was a prob with the credit card reader, so my checkout guy had to get the other check out guy to finish it.  
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Are the shirts selling out quickly? I am trying to decide if I need to try a line outside or inside and when to get there. I am looking for 2 in particular one for myself and one for my bf who could not make it :(
  • Options
    I am sure they will have tons of shirts based on what people are saying. Some of the posters or cards may be tough depending on when you go. 

"words and music...keep me floating along" - Jeff Ament
    Tor 93 - Tor 96 - Barrie 98 - Tor 00 - Buffalo 03 - Tor 03 - Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Tor - 05 - Tor 06 - EV Massey Hall I & II Tor 09, Chicago 09, Cleveland 10, Buffalo 10, Tor I & II 2011 - Hamilton 2011 - Vancouver 2011 - Wrigley 13 - Buffalo 13 - Ottawa 16 - Toronto I & II 2016 Fenway 2016 Night 2 - Wrigley 18 I & II - Hamilton & Toronto 2022
  • Options
    I am sure they will have tons of shirts based on what people are saying. Some of the posters or cards may be tough depending on when you go. 
    Awesome.  Seeing all the comments so far had me a bit scared. Thank you. :)
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    Can anyone ask how many Thomas posters the tent received today? 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    Yesterday it was just 250 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    Already sold out so it must have been very few. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Restocked & selling to the side for ppl that missed it 
    per other thread now 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,748
    If anybody goes for the hoodies, the do, as mentioned, run small. I got 1 of each yesterday that I can't wear because:

1. I didnt try it on

And

2. After I went to sleep, my girlfriend went ahead and washed them so I highly doubt I could exchange them now.

If anybody getting these wears a large, they will probably want to get an XL. If that's the case, I'd be grateful if you would be willing to go ahead and get a 2XL and I could trade the 2XL for the XL I bought yesterday. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    If anybody goes for the hoodies, the do, as mentioned, run small. I got 1 of each yesterday that I can't wear because:

1. I didnt try it on

And

2. After I went to sleep, my girlfriend went ahead and washed them so I highly doubt I could exchange them now.

If anybody getting these wears a large, they will probably want to get an XL. If that's the case, I'd be grateful if you would be willing to go ahead and get a 2XL and I could trade the 2XL for the XL I bought yesterday. 
    That's a bummer.  Washed always means that you can't trade in.  Out of curiosity, why did she wash them right away? 

I have found that Mr TSURT merch seems to run small.  I was glad that I tried the hoodie on at Wrigley.  I had to bump up to the next size.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    MB93672MB93672 Posts: 255
    bbiggs said:
    per other thread now 
    I hope that isn’t that case. We got in line at 6:40 and they were sold out by the time we got in the tent. How the f were we to know that they maybe would restock and maybe sell them out the side door? Fucked up. 
  • Options
    BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371
    Ooooffff....

Yesterday... missed the L Train by 4 hours.  Waited in line 1.5 hours. 

Bought a PBS  tote.

Got up at 7am today.  Was next in line to place my order.

Lady beside got the last one.

Have no fear... it was for a good cause... used my place in line to buy 1upstate a poster and some stickers.

So... I did a good deed.

I'm like a tab
  • Options
    JB56195JB56195 Posts: 303
    MB93672 said:
    bbiggs said:
    per other thread now 
    I hope that isn’t that case. We got in line at 6:40 and they were sold out by the time we got in the tent. How the f were we to know that they maybe would restock and maybe sell them out the side door? Fucked up. 
    Whole tent cheered when they restocked.  People who just excited turned around and were doing cash buys out the side.  in fairness they lined up before me so they would have got screwed by coincidence.  just frustrating when a couple lines up and buys 2 each.  I'm sure they're doing a Warhol style showing with mutlipes of same pictures displayed.

Just limit it to one per person.  People were exchanging cash outside the tent.  hey you're not getting two, I'll buy your extra.  some guy had four ames.

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• Options
    BV42562BV42562 Posts: 9
    Been out of Thomas for at least an hour. Waste of time to wait in this line if you want it. Dont believe miracle stories.  There ain't more coming  
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Going for a burger, there better be no line in a couple hours, or else......I’m not waiting!  More drinking.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley