Monday 8/20 Weather

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    And of course this is the show I win backstage passes for.  Uuuuuuuugggggghhhhhhh

Backstage????  Nice!  How'd you end up with those?  Hopefully things work out for Monday...
    I won them through global citizen. I was so pumped and now I am so deflated. 
    You serious man? If so, I REALLY hope they get this one in for your sake. Let Mother Nature be on our side! 
    I am dead serious. I am on Pearl Jam’s guest list! I am still taking it all in. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    And of course this is the show I win backstage passes for.  Uuuuuuuugggggghhhhhhh

Backstage????  Nice!  How'd you end up with those?  Hopefully things work out for Monday...
    You serious man? If so, I REALLY hope they get this one in for your sake. Let Mother Nature be on our side! 
    Holy shit bud. I’m rooting for you! 
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

A weather delay would be good for you.  More time being backstage with the band.  
    CopperTom said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

A weather delay would be good for you.  More time being backstage with the band.  
    Good point. 
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Maybe we will be in the same section :)
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Here is the thing, it could be beautiful and sunny.  You can worry about it, but honestly, forecasters are so very wrong many times. I say pack a rain poncho and go have a good time. We ended up water logged in the 2016 merch line, but still had a blast!  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Well my flight out of jersey is delayed already today so weather already starting 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 438
    Gonna be a washout!! Trade your GA with me for a great lower bowl seat so you have a place to hide when it comes down!!!
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Quit repeating yourself.

(Sending good vibes your way!)
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    I'm not personally worried about it, but my forecast has now changed from Scattered Thunderstorms to Thunderstorms to today when it says Heavy Thunderstorms with over and inch and a half of rain.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • 2013 was awful. Nothing like being stuck in 90 degree Wrigley in the concourse for 2 hours while it stormed out. That wAs an awful night 
    I just sat in the rain in my seat after the wet dog, I mean human smell coming from the concourse. Cell phone in my sock worked, but not overly well.
    I’ll bring a zip lock bag for my phone and I’m good. A little rain never hurt anyone. Just keep the damn lightning away. 
  • cweeks1111cweeks1111 Posts: 148
    Forecast says heavy thunderstorms on Monday afternoon/evening... crazy amount of rain. Bring the ponchos, but if this turns into 2013 again... yuck.
    east lansing, mi 1998 / auburn hills, mi 2000 / clarkston, mi 2003 / grand rapids, mi 2004 / toronto, on 2005 / auburn hills, mi 2006 / detroit, mi 2011 (ev) / chicago, il 2013 / detroit, mi 2014 / chicago, il 2016 (wrigley 1) / chicago, il 2018 (wrigley 1 & 2) / louisville, ky 2022 / las vegas, nv 2022 (ev) / noblesville, in 2023
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Phish festival in Watkins Glen got cancelled this weekend because of flooding and water contamination. You just never know sometimes.
    No shit?! Damn you’re right I just looked.!!  Guess I’ll have to score that sweet vinyl when it hits their shop?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mcdon248 said:
    Last time I checked it was calling for 30-40mm of rain (1.5 inches?) - a pretty serious amount. 
    For any outdoor show vets, is there protocol for this type of thing at outdoor PJ shows? A little rain = rock and roll? A lot of rain + lightning = delay/cancelation (depending on the radar)? Rescheduling isn't an option?
    I assume most bands would outright cancel if a thunderstorm were to roll through. PJ sticking around for 2.5 hours in 13' blew me away.  

They realize many fans travel. Many of us are in this $500+ a person with airfare and lodging, not including tickets. Canceling the show and issuing $225 refund for my 2 tickets would piss too many off. Rescheduling for a few days later wont be an option, I'll already have my flight back home. So I assume that is why they did what they did in '13.
    It was only supposed to be about a 45 minute delay in '13, but a second storm was rolling in about an hour and half after the first, so there was no point to go out, play 1 song and come back. That's why it ended up being 3 hours.
    Fingers crossed that even with a storm delay it will be under an hour this time.
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    Forecast says heavy thunderstorms on Monday afternoon/evening... crazy amount of rain. Bring the ponchos, but if this turns into 2013 again... yuck.

Do they they still have that kind of pull in city hall?  Seems like a one time only thing boosted by the spectacle of their first Wrigley show.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    2013 was awful. Nothing like being stuck in 90 degree Wrigley in the concourse for 2 hours while it stormed out. That wAs an awful night 
    That was horrible. And the staff were dicks.
    My wife and I were in GA, and they herded us into the VIP tunnel for coverage since that was closes to where we were. They would not let us into any of the VIP rooms to use the bathroom or anything, they just made us stand in the halls and kept telling us it would be any minute for the first hour and half.
    Eventually I had to go to the bathroom so they told me to go to this other section, but they they wouldnt let me return to the VIP tunnel. I told them thats where many of us in GA was sent, and where my wife was, they didn't care. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she didn't care, I Was told to just meet up with my wife after the show.
    Such dicks.
    But then when they let us out there was zero enforcement on GA, it was so stupid.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    bbiggs said:
    I’ll bring a zip lock bag for my phone and I’m good. A little rain never hurt anyone. Just keep the damn lightning away. 
    No doubt.
    Mobile ticketing + wet phone = Bad things.
    RE4790 said:

Do they they still have that kind of pull in city hall?  Seems like a one time only thing boosted by the spectacle of their first Wrigley show.

The thing is, in 2013, the storm eventually ended with enough time to get in the gig. The forecast right now is worse than 2013. Even if it's not storms the whole time, the sheer amount of rain (calling for over an inch!) is gonna make the field floor VERY slick. For a guy with a very bad back sitting on the field in section M, this won't end well. Call me selfish, but move this show to Sunday.
    east lansing, mi 1998 / auburn hills, mi 2000 / clarkston, mi 2003 / grand rapids, mi 2004 / toronto, on 2005 / auburn hills, mi 2006 / detroit, mi 2011 (ev) / chicago, il 2013 / detroit, mi 2014 / chicago, il 2016 (wrigley 1) / chicago, il 2018 (wrigley 1 & 2) / louisville, ky 2022 / las vegas, nv 2022 (ev) / noblesville, in 2023
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    if there is a 1.5-inch rainfall, are the Cubs going to want thousands of people trampling the field the next day?  They come back home for a game Thursday night.
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 427
    Too far out to try to predict Chicago weather
  • moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    MayDay10 said:
    if there is a 1.5-inch rainfall, are the Cubs going to want thousands of people trampling the field the next day?  They come back home for a game Thursday night.
    Nobody will be trampling on the field much less thousands of people.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    They cover the whole field so rain will not be an issue imo. Besides PJ has there been another band play Wrigley and had it delayed/cancelled/postponed? 
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    RE4790 said:

The thing is, in 2013, the storm eventually ended with enough time to get in the gig. The forecast right now is worse than 2013. Even if it's not storms the whole time, the sheer amount of rain (calling for over an inch!) is gonna make the field floor VERY slick. For a guy with a very bad back sitting on the field in section M, this won't end well. Call me selfish, but move this show to Sunday.

Makes sense.  I was thinking more about the shout out to Mayor Rahm to adjusting the curfew to allow the show to go so late. 

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited August 2018
    MayDay10 said:
    They cover the field with what seemed like interlocking plastic table tops.  The field will be all good.  

:smile:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    RE4790 said:
    RE4790 said:

Makes sense.  I was thinking more about the shout out to Mayor Rahm to adjusting the curfew to allow the show to go so late. 

For sure! The mayor and the Cubs came through in 2013. That was an incredible (good and bad) night/morning.
    Didn't Night 1 2016 have the same forecast? Not sure how long out it was and when it changed but at least Tuesday is looking ok. Hopefully that will push back onto Monday. 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876

PJNB said:
    Didn't Night 1 2016 have the same forecast? Not sure how long out it was and when it changed but at least Tuesday is looking ok. Hopefully that will push back onto Monday. 
    Hopefully things clear up, just giving a heads-up to those traveling/planning.  Obviously, I would prefer a postponement to an abbreviated show like 2013, but that isn't convenient for those who don't live here.  Missing out on that acoustic encore in 2013 is still killing me.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale

PJNB said:
    Hopefully things clear up, just giving a heads-up to those traveling/planning.  Obviously, I would prefer a postponement to an abbreviated show like 2013, but that isn't convenient for those who don't live here.  Missing out on that acoustic encore in 2013 is still killing me.

I have heard Otherside twice already and greedily would love to hear it again at Wrigley. Wish they played it in 2016 to make up for the scratch. Maybe this year. 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    PJNB said:

PJNB said:

I have heard Otherside twice already and greedily would love to hear it again at Wrigley. Wish they played it in 2016 to make up for the scratch. Maybe this year. 
    Yup, that's the big one, plus Speed of Sound though I have seen it multiple times, it's a personal fave.  Also hoping for Fatal because I got to see it in London II but my bro wasn't there.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale