~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    @pap I just saw the photo above.  So cute!

Max . . . Looking truly unimpressed lol
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Wobbie said:
    Winnie completed her AKC Championship on Friday! :joy:To earn her points (and, more importantly, her hedgehog), she traveled to shows in NE, MO, NV, UT, AZ, ND and MT.  her days on the show circuit are over. she gets spayed a week from tuesday and will just be a regular ol’ dog, fighting Piper for the hedgehog. she’ll miss the glamorous life. :lol:

Are dogs forbidden from competing once they are spayed/neutered?

In any event, congrats, Winnie, on a job well done (and I don't mean the cone eating)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Wobbie said:
    Winnie completed her AKC Championship on Friday! :joy:To earn her points (and, more importantly, her hedgehog), she traveled to shows in NE, MO, NV, UT, AZ, ND and MT.  her days on the show circuit are over. she gets spayed a week from tuesday and will just be a regular ol’ dog, fighting Piper for the hedgehog. she’ll miss the glamorous life. :lol:

Are dogs forbidden from competing once they are spayed/neutered?

In any event, congrats, Winnie, on a job well done (and I don't mean the cone eating)

in AKC, they have to be “intact.” Winnie has her final hurrah in ASCA (aus shepherd club of america) in sept as an “altered bitch.” altered bitch has all kinds of connotations :lol: 
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

This pretty girl is Penny. She was found emaciated a couple months ago in the desert. My brother took her in and she is thriving. She even matches the rug!
    Welcome Penny!!!  So glad you found your people.  Your brother rocks!  I hope Penny continues to thrive.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Many of you dog lovers already know this but it bears mentioning just in case.

Canine Influenza is spreading pretty quickly. It's a difficult one to diagnose and treat before infecting others. People transmit it through contact so it can be passed from house to house, region to region easily.

It can be fatal and is devastating to see what it does to otherwise healthy dogs. Even dogs that get it and survive will most likely have permanent lung damage.

Vaccines are available. If your dog isn't vaccinated, please call your veterinarian to discuss options.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305

This pretty girl is Penny. She was found emaciated a couple months ago in the desert. My brother took her in and she is thriving. She even matches the rug!
    She's a Lucky Penny!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

She's a Lucky Penny!
    She is the sweetest dog too. Fantastic with the kids and even the desert tortoise. Pointer hound mix. Best guess is a year or so old. Can't imagine what lead to her being out there all alone. 
  • tweedyfanjentweedyfanjen Posts: 881

So beautiful!
    I'm through with screaming
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ^^^ hello old fellow.  Looking very dignified and wise.

Deer!!!!
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    awe...  

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

^^^ hello old fellow.  Looking very dignified and wise.

Deer!!!!

they didn't try to jump out?

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

^^^ No. The deer were too far away.  And there are a shit tonne of them around here, so for the most part they don’t react too crazily.

• Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    ^^^ Snug as a bug in a rug.  :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    That’s my girl lol
    just home from bath day.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    just home from bath day.

cuteness

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Wobbie said:
    just home from bath day.

So fluffy! 
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Taking my buddy Matty to my sisters so he could go for a swim a few weeks ago

he’s enjoying his summer
    hey, mattie! (maddie?)

piper is a sweet girl:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I was dreading the day I would need to post this

My loving, faithful dog, Scooter had a sudden medical emergency the night I got back from Wrigley.  There was no reasonable option, and we chose to let him rest.

Scooter was almost 12 years and 10 months.  Jack Russell Terrier through and through.  He loved walks, his family, braided bones, food of any sort, pooping, varmints, outside, sprinting circuits around the house, and when people scratched his rump.  He was born in my bedroom and it was love at first sight when I met him moments after he was born.  It was an absolute blessing to have been his companion throughout his life.  I/we went through so many major changes during his lifespan, which included residences in 3 states, a few different homes, marriage, and 2 kids.  His friendship has been the rock-solid constant.  Until next time, buddy...

There is so much void in my days now, I realize how much our routines were intertwined.  He was my "shadow" as we called him.  I feel lost.  It is heart shattering.  Most of the time, I'm doing alright, but other times during the day, I feel actual physical pain from grief.

• camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    My heart goes out to you. He looks like a well loved and loving little dog and had a great life as a member of your family. Having to say goodbye to such a wonderful dog is so hard. Hang in there.
    MayDay10 said:
    I was dreading the day I would need to post this

My loving, faithful dog, Scooter had a sudden medical emergency the night I got back from Wrigley.  There was no reasonable option, and we chose to let him rest.

Scooter was almost 12 years and 10 months.  Jack Russell Terrier through and through.  He loved walks, his family, braided bones, food of any sort, pooping, varmints, outside, sprinting circuits around the house, and when people scratched his rump.  He was born in my bedroom and it was love at first sight when I met him moments after he was born.  It was an absolute blessing to have been his companion throughout his life.  I/we went through so many major changes during his lifespan, which included residences in 3 states, a few different homes, marriage, and 2 kids.  His friendship has been the rock-solid constant.  Until next time, buddy...

There is so much void in my days now, I realize how much our routines were intertwined.  He was my "shadow" as we called him.  I feel lost.  It is heart shattering.  Most of the time, I'm doing alright, but other times during the day, I feel actual physical pain from grief.

thanks for sharing, mayday. I've been thru it twice...once with a 13 year old golden; another time with a 5.5 year old golden (cancer x3). it's the worst.

I've posted this many times but maybe you haven't seen it. it helped me; I hope it can help you. hang in there.

Living Love

If you’ve ever loved an animal, there are three days in your life you will always remember.  The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring home your new friend.  You may have spent weeks deciding on a breed.  You may have asked opinions of many friends or done research finding a breeder.  Or, in a fleeting moment, you may have chosen that silly looking mutt at the shelter, simply because something in its eyes reached your heart.  But when you bring that chosen pet home, and watch it explore…when you feel it brush against you for the first time, it instills a feeling of pure love you will carry with you through many years to come.

The second day will occur years later.  It will be a day like any other.  Routine and unexceptional.  But, for a surprising instant, you will look at your longtime friend and see age where you once saw youth.  You will see slow deliberate steps where you once saw energy.  You will see sleep where you once saw activity.  You will begin to adjust your friend’s diet and you may add a pill to her food.  And, you may feel a growing uneasy feeling until the third day arrives.

On this day, if your friend or your higher being has not decided for you, then you will be faced with making a decision of your own on behalf of your lifelong friend.  Whichever way your friend leaves you, you will feel as alone as a single star in the dark night.

If you are wise, you will let the tears flow freely as they must.  If you are typical, you will find that not many family and friends will be able to understand your grief.  But, if you are true to the love of the pet you cherished through many joy-filled years, you may find that a soul, smaller in size than your own, seems to walk with you at times, during the lonely days to come.  At those moments when you least expect anything out of the ordinary, you may feel something brush against your leg.  And, looking down at the place where your dear friend used to lie… you will remember those three significant days.  The memory will be painful.  As time passes, the ache will come and go.  You will reject it and embrace it and it may confuse you.  If you reject it, it will depress you.  If you embrace it, it will deepen you.  Either way, it will still be an ache.

But, there will be a fourth day when, along with the memory of your pet, and piercing through the heaviness in your heart, there will come a realization that belongs only to you.  It will be as unique and strong as our relationship with the pet we have loved and lost.  This realization takes the form of a Living Love, like the heavenly scent of a rose.  This Love will remain and grow, and will be there for us to remember.  It is a love we have earned.  It’s the legacy our pets leave us when they go… and it’s a gift we keep with us as long as we live.  And until we leave, perhaps to join our beloved pets, it is a Love we will always possess.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Good vibes to you & yours MayDay.... beautiful memories from just those few photos

the worst part of being a pet owner... these days come way too soon. 

Its gonna be tough for a while, these lil friends give so much and are there by your side more than most people in our lives.

just like Wobbie mentioned... I also lost a Golden to cancer when he was Ten... my dad was terminally ill with brain cancer (same as John McCain) at the time and it was the absolute worst. We had to let Sonny go a few months prior to my dads passing... we couldn’t tell my dad as it would’ve devastated him. 

Again sorry for for your loss and take care
    CROJAM95 said:
    Good vibes to you & yours MayDay.... beautiful memories from just those few photos

the worst part of being a pet owner... these days come way too soon. 

Its gonna be tough for a while, these lil friends give so much and are there by your side more than most people in our lives.

just like Wobbie mentioned... I also lost a Golden to cancer when he was Ten... my dad was terminally ill with brain cancer (same as John McCain) at the time and it was the absolute worst. We had to let Sonny go a few months prior to my dads passing... we couldn’t tell my dad as it would’ve devastated him. 

Again sorry for for your loss and take care

I had cancer while Gracie had cancer. We totally took care of each other. :heart:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    I am so sorry to hear of Scooters passing. It sounds like you had a wonderful 12+ years together. Time will help lessen the pain, I send positive thoughts during this difficult time.
    edited August 2018
    I’m just gutted for you Mayday10.  I recall that emptiness all too well.  Sending love and light to you and your family.  RIP Scooter, May your light continue to shine.
    Post edited by Fifthelement on