*** Seattle, WA Fanviews Here 8/10/18 ***

Comments

• This: 

“I couldn't care less if a consensus is reached about Seattle Night II being the best show of this tour.

I'm just so euphoric right now that I want all remaining fans awaiting their shows to feel the same.

My only hope is that there is a vinyl release of the show someday. The bootleg will be great, but I'd be a fulfilled man if I could come home from work... pour a nice shiraz for myself... and put on that show to relive again.” 
    (Fucked up the quote button)
    Well said! I was row 12 in 117, neighbor. Anyway, Doesn’t matter what show you go to. Forget about what’s epic, what’s not, the merchandise, whatever. The band’s in great form and you’re going to be blown away if you can make it. And if you can’t, they sell the boots!  I’m a fan of a lot of bands and music but Pearl Jam continues to knock it out of the park (pun fully intended). Also forgot to give shout outs to In Hiding (my sisters favorite) Leash, Kick out the Jams motherfucker!, Won’t Back Down (we miss you Tom and Chris!) and Porch.  
    Crazy band Pearl Jam, one night it’s Pink Floyd (prog rock!) the next night the Stooges, most nights it’s both. We’re so lucky to have them still firing on all cylinders. Thanks so much everybody involved! 
  • I was lucky enough to get picked for tickets for Friday night show and had a blast in section 122.  My first time in Seattle as well so I loved finding the tag #TheHomeShows on the sidewalks while exploring this amazing city.   Great set list and great crowd interaction which is always makes the experience of a show that much better.   Thanks for making my 18th show amazing!

• ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    edited August 2018
    JH6056 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    MG182478 said:
    Holy Moly, Seattle. You guys got some shows. Wow!
    We absolutely did! Wednesday night for me was good. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time, but it felt like something was missing. We got several amazing cover songs that night including The White Stripes which was a surprise, but the show left me wanting just a little more. Friday night's show was highly anticipated because a lot of us were wondering if that would be the better of the two shows. Well guess what....it obviously was! By the time the second song started, I could already feel something in the air and knew we were in store for something different. Within the first five songs we had Oceans and Brain of J, moving along into Rats, Whipping, and Leash. Are you freaking kidding me? It was almost as if the band read my mind for songs I really wanted to hear. And then to keep the momentume going with Sonic Reducer and Can't Deny Me for the first time in Seattle, we were loving every minute of it. The Chris Cornell cover was very touching, and it was cool to see Kim Thayil join the band once again like he did in 2013. And of course, what's a PJ show in Seattle without a visit to the stage from Mark Arm and Steve Turner? The night was jam packed with a setlist for the record books. The guys were on fire and having a blast, and they were thrilled to be playing their home town. Definitely one of the best PJ shows I've ever seen and I cannot wait for the bootlegs to be released! And while I was at the Sub Pop Fest at Alki Beach today, several people in the crowd had been last night and a few of them were even saying they thought it ranked up there in one of the best three shows they've ever seen (the other two were Nirvana and Tool). 
    I'm finally wound down enough to process all of this.  I totally agree with the post above, especially the bolded.  I asked a couple of people what they thought of Wed and got mixed answers.  What I always say is "PJ on their worst night is still better than 85% of bands on their best nights" and Wed was FAR from bad, it was a really good solid show.  But there was something off, and I chalk it up to all the hype and expectations of the band and show (expectations the band also has of themselves I'd imagine, and of course the public's expectations), and the "wow factor" of 2 sold out stadium shows hometown with no new album... it just I bet is a lot to live up to.  And they did a great job at Seattle 1, and... it still was not quite the galactic event that many felt it would be.

But Friday SURE AS HELL was that galactic event!  The Cosmos are not the same now!  

Someone above quoted Ed as having said on Friday that they were "tight" Wed but "looser" Friday, which I don't think I caught that but it's good to know the band felt the same way.  And then I'm sure Friday surpassed EVERYONE'S expectations, because it was just so EXTRA and BEYOND in so many ways!  For me it was everything from the specific setlist, to the performance itself and the great moods the bands seemed to be in (great moods Wed too).  And then there were my fellow fans and the people I sat with.  Had a couple truly surreal moments too, like just whoa whoa whoa!

And then there was the amazing Thursday, hung out with my Seattle hosts, art gallery visit, really nice dinner, and then that amazing event at MoPop, early access to that stellar historic PJ exhibition, some amazing convos with PJ people and fans, just the vibe in there (and the next morning when my paid ticket was for), and the film show, catching up with some old friends, and shutting down the Sky Church with a couple of lovely fans I met, just storytelling and laughing (and drinking way too much, oops), it was so so magical!

Friday back to MoPop, also saw the Marvel exhibit (had seen the Nirvana exhibit when it first opened at MoPop so didn't see that again cuz the line), then the Wishlist party, meeting Danny Clinch who is beyond awesome, the photos, the auction and raffles, connecting with some of my oldest PJ friends... amazing.  Entry to Safeco was far easier Fri (because we all knew the drill, knew which rules to ignore (like which gate to enter at (hint: just look for shortest line), and which rules to follow (like not bringing in a bag any bigger than a damn postage stamp).

And then there was that Seattle 2 show itself.  Brilliant and phenomenal beyond description.  And SO damn fun!

In the end, I find myself just amazed and grateful.  What a ride of being a fan for 25 yrs, 55+ shows, and this was in the top 3 for me for sure, and I've been to some epic/famous/personally significant shows for sure.  Thank you for BRINGING IT PEARL JAM!  And thanks to the fans and Seattle residents for BRINGING IT as well!
    Well said! You nailed it about Friday being the galactic event! I don't think it could have been any better, and I'm still on cloud nine. What a cool story about the friend you made who was lucky enough to get on the rail that night, obtain the full set of Mike's picks, got the last of Ed's wine, AND even made it into an amazing photo by the legendary Charles Peterson as well as his IG page? What a hell of a first PJ show for her! She must have really had some good karma on her side, and that will be something she'll always remember. She's probably still beaming from all of the excitement that night. So cool.....

Speaking of Charles, he was back in action yesterday at the Sub Pop 30th anniversary party. He was literally on the stage during Mudhoney, getting a ton of great shots of the band and the insanity of the crowd. He kept changing his position and getting closer and closer to Steve Turner, and all the while he was totally rocking out and singing along while snapping pics. And we're not talking about just casual singing, but he was fully immersed in the moment with some crazy facial expressions and a lot of head banging. It was fun just watching him because you could see he was totally in his element and having a blast. He started out at the back of the stage by Dan Peters' drum kit, but it wasn't long until he was in the front corner with a killer view. The man certainly has the knack for taking amazing shots, and he took a lot of the pictures we have featured in the Nirvana gallery at MoPop. I'm anxious to see his perspective of the show yesterday, so I will definitely be looking for those photos. 
    Post edited by ZeldaZonk on
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    steved said:
    To those who mock "us people" who sleep out for the front spots etc.. I just wanted to share some of the perspective of why we do what we do. 

My wife flew out Sunday and camped out three nights for the first show. I followed the next morning and camped out for two. We entered separately as was appropriate for our separate arrival. We met up inside and enjoyed the show together. We both went right from the night one show and got in line for the Friday show. We have been to Seattle before and done most of the tourist stuff. We were there for Pearl Jam concerts. We have camped out many times before so we are pretty good at keeping ourselves comfortable while on line. We have a suitcase that contains a tent, matress, air pump, and two sleeping bags. 
    Might be a stupid question, but I've never done GA and always wondered............what do you do with the suitcase with all your gear when it's time to go into the show?  Does it have to be left behind?
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited August 2018
    ZeldaZonk said:
    JH6056 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    MG182478 said:
    Holy Moly, Seattle. You guys got some shows. Wow!
    We absolutely did! Wednesday night for me was good. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time, but it felt like something was missing. We got several amazing cover songs that night including The White Stripes which was a surprise, but the show left me wanting just a little more. Friday night's show was highly anticipated because a lot of us were wondering if that would be the better of the two shows. Well guess what....it obviously was! By the time the second song started, I could already feel something in the air and knew we were in store for something different. Within the first five songs we had Oceans and Brain of J, moving along into Rats, Whipping, and Leash. Are you freaking kidding me? It was almost as if the band read my mind for songs I really wanted to hear. And then to keep the momentume going with Sonic Reducer and Can't Deny Me for the first time in Seattle, we were loving every minute of it. The Chris Cornell cover was very touching, and it was cool to see Kim Thayil join the band once again like he did in 2013. And of course, what's a PJ show in Seattle without a visit to the stage from Mark Arm and Steve Turner? The night was jam packed with a setlist for the record books. The guys were on fire and having a blast, and they were thrilled to be playing their home town. Definitely one of the best PJ shows I've ever seen and I cannot wait for the bootlegs to be released! And while I was at the Sub Pop Fest at Alki Beach today, several people in the crowd had been last night and a few of them were even saying they thought it ranked up there in one of the best three shows they've ever seen (the other two were Nirvana and Tool). 
    I'm finally wound down enough to process all of this.  I totally agree with the post above, especially the bolded.  I asked a couple of people what they thought of Wed and got mixed answers.  What I always say is "PJ on their worst night is still better than 85% of bands on their best nights" and Wed was FAR from bad, it was a really good solid show.  But there was something off, and I chalk it up to all the hype and expectations of the band and show (expectations the band also has of themselves I'd imagine, and of course the public's expectations), and the "wow factor" of 2 sold out stadium shows hometown with no new album... it just I bet is a lot to live up to.  And they did a great job at Seattle 1, and... it still was not quite the galactic event that many felt it would be.

But Friday SURE AS HELL was that galactic event!  The Cosmos are not the same now!  

Someone above quoted Ed as having said on Friday that they were "tight" Wed but "looser" Friday, which I don't think I caught that but it's good to know the band felt the same way.  And then I'm sure Friday surpassed EVERYONE'S expectations, because it was just so EXTRA and BEYOND in so many ways!  For me it was everything from the specific setlist, to the performance itself and the great moods the bands seemed to be in (great moods Wed too).  And then there were my fellow fans and the people I sat with.  Had a couple truly surreal moments too, like just whoa whoa whoa!

And then there was the amazing Thursday, hung out with my Seattle hosts, art gallery visit, really nice dinner, and then that amazing event at MoPop, early access to that stellar historic PJ exhibition, some amazing convos with PJ people and fans, just the vibe in there (and the next morning when my paid ticket was for), and the film show, catching up with some old friends, and shutting down the Sky Church with a couple of lovely fans I met, just storytelling and laughing (and drinking way too much, oops), it was so so magical!

Friday back to MoPop, also saw the Marvel exhibit (had seen the Nirvana exhibit when it first opened at MoPop so didn't see that again cuz the line), then the Wishlist party, meeting Danny Clinch who is beyond awesome, the photos, the auction and raffles, connecting with some of my oldest PJ friends... amazing.  Entry to Safeco was far easier Fri (because we all knew the drill, knew which rules to ignore (like which gate to enter at (hint: just look for shortest line), and which rules to follow (like not bringing in a bag any bigger than a damn postage stamp).

And then there was that Seattle 2 show itself.  Brilliant and phenomenal beyond description.  And SO damn fun!

In the end, I find myself just amazed and grateful.  What a ride of being a fan for 25 yrs, 55+ shows, and this was in the top 3 for me for sure, and I've been to some epic/famous/personally significant shows for sure.  Thank you for BRINGING IT PEARL JAM!  And thanks to the fans and Seattle residents for BRINGING IT as well!
    Well said! You nailed it about Friday being the galactic event! I don't think it could have been any better, and I'm still on cloud nine. What a cool story about the friend you made who was lucky enough to get on the rail that night, obtain the full set of Mike's picks, got the last of Ed's wine, AND even made it into an amazing photo by the legendary Charles Peterson as well as his IG page? What a hell of a first PJ show for her! She must have really had some good karma on her side, and that will be something she'll always remember. She's probably still beaming from all of the excitement that night. So cool.....

Speaking of Charles, he was back in action yesterday at the Sub Pop 30th anniversary party. He was literally on the stage during Mudhoney, getting a ton of great shots of the band and the insanity of the crowd. He kept changing his position and getting closer and closer to Steve Turner, and all the while he was totally rocking out and singing along while snapping pics. And we're not talking about just casual singing, but he was fully immersed in the moment with some crazy facial expressions and a lot of head banging. It was fun just watching him because you could see he was totally in his element and having a blast. He started out at the back of the stage by Dan Peters' drum kit, but it wasn't long until he was in the front corner with a killer view. The man certainly has the knack for taking amazing shots, and he took a lot of the pictures we have featured in the Nirvana gallery at MoPop. I'm anxious to see his perspective of the show yesterday, so I will definitely be looking for those photos. 
    Hi Zelda, how are things on Cloud Nine today?  I'm glad you're up there, I'm on the East Coast Cloud Nine still!

That is so sweet and cool re: Charles Peterson and the Mudhoney set at the SubPop show!  It's so great to see talented people who you know have seen a zillion shows, still really rocking out and really into it!   And yes, I'll be looking for his PJ Home Shows pics too!  

Thanks, hope to make it back to the PJ exhibit again - is there an end date for it or is it open-ended right now?
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    agree so much, live music will never touch me in the way PJ does. What a week in Seattle, no words here on Monday morning other than a sadness it's over. Thank god I get to see Eddie at Ohana. We are so lucky it's ridiculous.
  • stevedsteved Posts: 651
    edited August 2018
    rey said:
    steved said:
    To those who mock "us people" who sleep out for the front spots etc.. I just wanted to share some of the perspective of why we do what we do. 

My wife flew out Sunday and camped out three nights for the first show. I followed the next morning and camped out for two. We entered separately as was appropriate for our separate arrival. We met up inside and enjoyed the show together. We both went right from the night one show and got in line for the Friday show. We have been to Seattle before and done most of the tourist stuff. We were there for Pearl Jam concerts. We have camped out many times before so we are pretty good at keeping ourselves comfortable while on line. We have a suitcase that contains a tent, matress, air pump, and two sleeping bags. 
    Might be a stupid question, but I've never done GA and always wondered............what do you do with the suitcase with all your gear when it's time to go into the show?  Does it have to be left behind?
    We have a hotel room for the nights we are there that we share with other fans. We can use that to shower and store our belongings. By sharing the room it doesn't cost very much. The typical line etiquette in the front is that you stay in line except for trips to get food and take a shower or transport your stuff. As long as your are not gone for more than an hour or so at a time and you let the people around you know where you are off to, all is well.
    Post edited by steved on
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    edited August 2018
    JH6056 said:

Hi Zelda, yes, my friend says she's ruined for any other concerts! :)  She's a big live music fan too, but she said that will be almost impossible to beat.  I told her... "Unless of course you see Pearl Jam again..." which she will in Boston.  

How are things on Cloud Nine today?  I'm glad you're up there, I'm on the East Coast Cloud Nine still!

That is so sweet and cool re: Charles Peterson and the Mudhoney set at the SubPop show!  It's so great to see talented people who you know have seen a zillion shows, still really rocking out and really into it!   And yes, I'll be looking for his PJ Home Shows pics too!  

Thanks, hope to make it back to the PJ exhibit again - is there an end date for it or is it open-ended right now?
    I'll bet she is totally ruined for any other shows! Wow, the bar has really been set high and will be tough to top. That's just so awesome for her to have such an amazing memory of her first PJ show. 

All's good here, still on a total Cloud Nine high and have been proudly wearing a Pearl Jam shirt every day to relive the recent excitement. Glad to hear you made it home safely and are still beaming!

Right now the end date for the exhibition is still TBD, but we do know that it will be around until the end of the year. Obviously we're hoping for it to remain longer than that, so we'll have to see what the band wants to do when the time comes. Fingers crossed for it to be an ongoing exhibition!
    Post edited by ZeldaZonk on
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
    edited August 2018
    ZeldaZonk said:
    JH6056 said:

Hi Zelda, How are things on Cloud Nine today?  I'm glad you're up there, I'm on the East Coast Cloud Nine still!

I'll bet she is totally ruined for any other shows! Wow, the bar has really been set high and will be tough to top. That's just so awesome for her to have such an amazing memory of her first PJ show. 

All's good here, still on a total Cloud Nine high and have been proudly wearing a Pearl Jam shirt every day to relive the recent excitement. Glad to hear you made it home safely and are still beaming!

Right now the end date for the exhibition is still TBD, but we do know that it will be around until the end of the year. Obviously we're hoping for it to remain longer than that, so we'll have to see what the band wants to do when the time comes. Fingers crossed for it to be an ongoing exhibition!

Thanks so much for the info Zelda! I'll try to make it back before the end of the year, but yes, would be great if it goes on and on and on and on and...  

My Cloud Nine says hi to your Cloud Nine  =)
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    A dream come true.  Love you guys so much, I’m still on a high!!
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    What a great time. I'm back home at work. I thought the bands sounded great and everyone seemed to be into it. 
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • TUTMAN08TUTMAN08 Posts: 82
    Two great shows. 

Last night I had an idea .. as those who were in SEATTLE witnessed, the city, especially around the venue had hundreds (if not more) concert advertisements posted. 

I know the ones on pillars at light rail easily peeled off. I wonder if they could be saved and sold - thus adding more money to the homeless charity all while keeping them from being sent to a landfill?  

Just wondering...
  • May as well leave this one here. I'm not going to give my feedback on the show, as it's essentially been posted above. 
    This is from the industry.
    I was back in Vancouver, at work, on Sunday morning. I work in the travel/tourism industry, and happened to speak with a guy who was flying to a gig that evening, for work. It came up that he had heard from a member of PJ's crew, during the show, who was in tears, because it was that great, that special, for everyone. Everyone involved.
    He went on to tell me that PJ has the best crew in the business, and that they are paid the best in the business, because PJ does it right.
    Friday was special. We all know it. 
    Thank you to every one of you who were there. It was magic.
    Wow, the crew was in tears?  That is gorgeous, that is so touching!!
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    May as well leave this one here. I'm not going to give my feedback on the show, as it's essentially been posted above. 
    I was back in Vancouver, at work, on Sunday morning. I work in the travel/tourism industry, and happened to speak with a guy who was flying to a gig that evening, for work. It came up that he had heard from a member of PJ's crew, during the show, who was in tears, because it was that great, that special, for everyone. Everyone involved.
    He went on to tell me that PJ has the best crew in the business, and that they are paid the best in the business, because PJ does it right.
    Amazing story! And I agree...it was pure magic form start to finish!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Still feeling the euphoria of the shows... I'm listening to a ton of Pearl Jam right now. I'm really envious of the people in Chicago right now.

Night II was unreal. I can't wait for the bootlegs.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    I'll echo everyone else... Kick ass show...
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• I was just blown away and definitely one of my top ever. But going back and watching the videos brings it all back. There was sooooo much. Watch it, I dare you. I understand the tears. Best ever.
    Smile for Mom
    2018 - Prague, Krakow, Seattle 2
  • Mickey1794Mickey1794 Posts: 104
    Seriously going through Pearl Jam withdrawals right now!! What an amazing night it was! Reliving it on You Tube and I’m in tears thinking how lucky I was to be there to share with all my fan mates this great love affair! It’s called the PJ blues...when will I see them again???
    11/5/93 Indio, CA;11/6/95 SD; 7/13/98 LA; 10/24/00 LA; 10/28/00 SB; 4/1/03 CO; 6/2/03 OC; 6/5/03 SD; 9/2/05 BC; 7/9-10/06 LA; 10/21/06 Bridge; 12/9/06 Oahu; 10/27/07 Bridge; 4/12/08 Eddie; 6/30/08 Mansfield; 9/30/09 Universal; 7/9/11 Eddie; 11/23-24/13 LA; 11/26/13 Oak.;10/22/13 CO
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Tried to book a flight halfway through the show to hit wrigley but it was too expensive for a one day trip. I might be regretting that later tonight. I’ll always remember the home shows though. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    edited August 2018
    Now you know it's a great concert when you're on your phone trying to buy tix to another show IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOW! 

Hey, there's still Wrigley 2 & the Fenway shows....
    Post edited by JH6056 on
    Yes. I waited until the encore break at least. 
  • ComeToTX said:
    That's like shopping for groceries when you are hungry.
    ComeToTX said:
    That's like shopping for groceries when you are hungry.
    Right, surprised he didn't end up buying 6 1st class roundtrip tix to Chicago when he only needed 1
    Ha. $900 rt. I wasn’t that love drunk. 
  • In Seattle right now. Walking by the PJ home show advertisements still intact and reading the Wrigley reviews takes me back to this show.

Night 1 was cool, but this show was mind blowing. I simply cannot wait for the bootleg and am really hoping they do some kind of vinyl release.
    edited August 2018
    Has anyone else in this thread given thanks that, based on what we found out the next day was going on at Seatac during the show with the stolen plane, that we are all lucky that the guy - crazy as hell as he obviously was - didn't have a more nefarious goal to his actions?  Cuz proximity of Seatac to Safeco is so close...  Just so grateful that we got a historic, unbelievable show experience AND we were all spared any totally unimaginable other results.  Thank goodness!
    I don’t usually like to judge shows so soon but this was a flat out great show. My 40th show and certainly in the top 5 or so. Highlights for me were Immortality, Missing, Crown among a lot of others. It was one of those shows where the number of special moments were so many that you lose track. Don’t know if I’ve ever seen the band so happy playing together as well as engaged with the crowd as they were last night. I never thought a stadium show could feel intimate but they pulled it off. I was in the GA, center stage towards the back so I can’t speak for those far away. But everyone around me thought the show was great, tough to find any fault with that performance. 
    Was just emailing with my Seattle 1 show buddy about processing the Seattle shows.  The bolded part here really is what set Seattle 2 apart from about 52 of my 55 (now 57 or 58) shows.  Still warmed by the glow of these shows, and this one in particular...
  • PhaedraPhaedra Posts: 9

Back home in the Netherlands, thinking of how lucky we were to have been there, and to be that close to the stage too!! We had a blast!

Also.. I’m so proud of the band raising money and awareness for the homeless issue. During our trip down the Westcoast (especcially in Portland) the necessity became so sadly clear. 

• Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    edited August 2018
    May as well leave this one here. I'm not going to give my feedback on the show, as it's essentially been posted above. 
    Amazing story! And I agree...it was pure magic form start to finish!!!
    Doesn't that make you SMILE!

Post edited by Given to... on
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06