*** Rome, Italy Fanviews Here 6/26/18 ***

13»

Comments

• BellaBella Posts: 120
    Set wasn't mind-blowing by any means, but they were on fire. Glad to see it's all back to 
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
    Padova Rome Prague Kraków Berlin '18
    Rome top show ever for me.
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    yoyo said:
    debriefing ....

The first word that comes to me is "serenity"!

I found this concert ... a limpidity, a fairness ... a total symbiosis .... can be the most sincere, the most fluid of my 21 concerts ... (Vedder included ( 3)) ... maybe because I already had a magical start to the day with my woman on this day of my 40 years. I also went without a priori, without Wishlist, ... taking this concert as it came ....

Ok, the setlist was not the craziest ... finally pretty best of a bit like all this beginning of tour elsewhere ... (the best in spite of everything I think for now)

but I liked it, even on songs that I would not have believed ... Small Town among others ... that I did not want to intro seen the beginning of the tour ... ouf we had a magnificent version of Release ... may be my favorite song !? ... I will have taken the Long Road too ...

Well, we still had a Black Diamond sung by Matt huge ... and especially a Comfortably Numb beautiful with a huge solo Mike ... may be the best time of the concert ... I liked the Can't Deny Me ... The Imagine orchestrated excellent ... wonderful version of Betterman, a circumstantial Given To Fly, tilting for the first time that the statue was near the Colosseum and many other cool thing ...

Vedder's voice scared me on Do The Evolution, I think ... but false alarm ... he assured!

35 songs !!! ... did not have time to look, but it is in any case the longest of my concerts ... !!! I also bugged the beginning that Black confusing it with Yellow Ledbetter ... believing the end come ... you speak of a fan ...!? : D ... I missed the song a bit for the shot ....:?

Finally the only bad thing was "a TC fan, bracelet in support" who directed us (voluntarily or not?) On a bad way to take the file TC, that, with the difficulty for parking ... we have well to lose 1 hour or 2 ....  in the final we ended up with my little wife, Mike side in the 15th rank, with rather a good view for me, less for my darling

Otherwise, I did not find the Italian audience better than elsewhere, it did not move much, except for Porch and Rearviewmirror ... in a way it helped me, I never was in the pit being also "ready", with little fresh wind and all .... Good for my darling to whom I imposed the pit and who was not pleased with that ...

To summarize, I would say that this concert reminded me all the love I have for this group, because, it's true, there are plenty of things to reproach PJ this last time ... average albums, ignorance of France, the mercantile side ... that would make me almost steal at times .... but damn that it's good live ... and that the 5/6 see 7 first albums are whores of timeless masterpiece engraved in my skin !!!!!

Long live PJ, let's have a tour next year, if we believe Vedder! in France too if possible this time !!!

In my top 5 I think ...!

Best Band in the world, best band in my world ... PJ for life ... Thxx !!!!
    My nomination for post of the year.  Loved every line of it.  All culminating in:
    "7 first albums are whores of timeless masterpiece engraved in my skin !!!!!"
    Beautifully way to put it, couldn't not agree with you any more than I can.  Fantastic review, I am sad I am missing the show, for reals.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • MH44377 said:
    amazing show. one of the best i have been to. 18th show for me. anyone notice that mike played a shiny new SG on Alive? He's always played the 59 Les Paul on that song. Is he taking the million dollar vintage guitar out of tour circulation? I wouldn't blame him if so. 
    He didn't play the '59 at all during the Prague-Krakow-Berlin stretch.  He's pretty guarded with that one (for good reason).  I don't think he takes it on tour much anymore.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
    yoyo said:
    debriefing ....

The first word that comes to me is "serenity"!

I found this concert ... a limpidity, a fairness ... a total symbiosis .... can be the most sincere, the most fluid of my 21 concerts ... (Vedder included ( 3)) ... maybe because I already had a magical start to the day with my woman on this day of my 40 years. I also went without a priori, without Wishlist, ... taking this concert as it came ....

Ok, the setlist was not the craziest ... finally pretty best of a bit like all this beginning of tour elsewhere ... (the best in spite of everything I think for now)

but I liked it, even on songs that I would not have believed ... Small Town among others ... that I did not want to intro seen the beginning of the tour ... ouf we had a magnificent version of Release ... may be my favorite song !? ... I will have taken the Long Road too ...

Well, we still had a Black Diamond sung by Matt huge ... and especially a Comfortably Numb beautiful with a huge solo Mike ... may be the best time of the concert ... I liked the Can't Deny Me ... The Imagine orchestrated excellent ... wonderful version of Betterman, a circumstantial Given To Fly, tilting for the first time that the statue was near the Colosseum and many other cool thing ...

Vedder's voice scared me on Do The Evolution, I think ... but false alarm ... he assured!

35 songs !!! ... did not have time to look, but it is in any case the longest of my concerts ... !!! I also bugged the beginning that Black confusing it with Yellow Ledbetter ... believing the end come ... you speak of a fan ...!? : D ... I missed the song a bit for the shot ....:?

Finally the only bad thing was "a TC fan, bracelet in support" who directed us (voluntarily or not?) On a bad way to take the file TC, that, with the difficulty for parking ... we have well to lose 1 hour or 2 ....  in the final we ended up with my little wife, Mike side in the 15th rank, with rather a good view for me, less for my darling

Otherwise, I did not find the Italian audience better than elsewhere, it did not move much, except for Porch and Rearviewmirror ... in a way it helped me, I never was in the pit being also "ready", with little fresh wind and all .... Good for my darling to whom I imposed the pit and who was not pleased with that ...

To summarize, I would say that this concert reminded me all the love I have for this group, because, it's true, there are plenty of things to reproach PJ this last time ... average albums, ignorance of France, the mercantile side ... that would make me almost steal at times .... but damn that it's good live ... and that the 5/6 see 7 first albums are whores of timeless masterpiece engraved in my skin !!!!!

Long live PJ, let's have a tour next year, if we believe Vedder! in France too if possible this time !!!

In my top 5 I think ...!

Best Band in the world, best band in my world ... PJ for life ... Thxx !!!!
    My nomination for post of the year.  Loved every line of it.  All culminating in:
    "7 first albums are whores of timeless masterpiece engraved in my skin !!!!!"
    Beautifully way to put it, couldn't not agree with you any more than I can.  Fantastic review, I am sad I am missing the show, for reals.
    This guy sums up my experience of Rome. After Eddie’s struggles with his voice he came strong on strong in this show. Totally uplifting to witness it. Loved the show and love this band. Can’t wait for London now.
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    I will never forget that night!! 
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • mishler21mishler21 Posts: 22
    Bella said:
    Set wasn't mind-blowing by any means, but they were on fire. Glad to see it's all back to 
    By far the best show I’ve seen! Tremendous energy by the band reciprocated by the crowd, a perfect circle. Seeing how excited they were to play “Black Diamond” was so cool. Fantastic to be a part of it. I knew it was going to be a great evening when I saw my wife with tears in her eyes during “Release”. Meeting Luke and Lisa from Australia made the day even better. 
  • wordowordo Posts: 22
    edited August 2018
    Seems like people have a different opinion of the crowd based on where they were. Floor looked amazing....where we were, it took until almost 3/4 way through show before people stood up. I actually moved to the back of the section because people kept hissing as us to sit down.....Was very strange.
    Totally agree on the setlist (I can do without Elderly Woman etc) but if you have not played a place in 22 years its not like the in the states where you have probably seen all the "hits" and long for the truly deep cuts. This may be their one and only PJ experience. So I get it. 
    I think they gave the fans in Italy a perfect show. They got hits, they got interesting covers, they got most everyone taking a turn on the mike!
    A overall a very cool show....
    HEY ROME IF THEY COME BACK, CAN YOU PLEASE STAND UP THROUGH THE ENTIRE SHOW?
    just sayin....
    Post edited by wordo on
  • BasilgBasilg Killingworth, CT Posts: 76
    Spot On wordo...GA was a sea of humanity and to watch it boil over during RVM was insane. We were in the lower section; Section 38S, Fila 22..great seats almost directly across from center stage and when the went into Release I shot up hearing Ed's voice was back. He braved that show and in the hundreds of people in our section, there were maybe 15 people standing. By look, the upper corners were raging and wish we sat with real fans. After the 5th song and glares from behind me, my wife tugged my shirt and we ended up on the landing for the next 2.5 hours.

Ended up being better up there with a dozen real fans and this one big Italian guy I befriended in a Blue PJ 10 Jersey who was taking photos and jamming with all night. Every song he'd turn to me and we'd blow it up.  Wish I got his name.  Last song they finally stood up.         
  • Listening to previous boots I always thought italian fans are the craziest
    Olimpico is ok, but when i was at padova it was dead silence in my part
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • wordowordo Posts: 22
    Weird thing with padova.. was insane 2 days later for Alice In Chains (outside stadium)
  • BasilgBasilg Killingworth, CT Posts: 76

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Basilg said:

Those tickets look real nice!!

I WISH we had REAL tickets for the Home shows in the USA as i like to keep my tickets to shows i've been too.

I'm looking forward to playing this Boot. Set list looks good.
  • I got my Rome boot yesterday and i have noticed Black Diamond is not credited on the sleeve?
    Brilliant City. Brilliant Gig.
  • CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    chelsea48 said:
    I got my Rome boot yesterday and i have noticed Black Diamond is not credited on the sleeve?
    Brilliant City. Brilliant Gig.
    'Jeremy' is missing too. The tracklist on the boot don´t have these two songs

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"