Space Force

Comments

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    PJ_Soul said:
    It just makes me feel REALLY REALLY ANGRY that these fuck faced morons think they have any business even talking about "establishing dominance" in space. Who the fuck do they think they are?? Why in the hell should the USA have military dominance in space FFS? :anguished: At the moment, the USA is just about the last country I want having any dominance on Earth, let alone in space.

Aren't you going to feel like a schmuck when we get attacked by Pluto and there's no Space Force to protect us.  "Guess you fuckers are done telling us we're not a planet."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    OnWis97 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    It just makes me feel REALLY REALLY ANGRY that these fuck faced morons think they have any business even talking about "establishing dominance" in space. Who the fuck do they think they are?? Why in the hell should the USA have military dominance in space FFS? :anguished: At the moment, the USA is just about the last country I want having any dominance on Earth, let alone in space.

Aren't you going to feel like a schmuck when we get attacked by Pluto and there's no Space Force to protect us.  "Guess you fuckers are done telling us we're not a planet."
    their uniforms will all have a big number 10 on it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    PJ_Soul said:

Couldn't agree more- my feeling exactly.  Total, unmitigated bullshit.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    OnWis97 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Pearl Jam fans on Pluto? Damn, they are a universally worldly band.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    OnWis97 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

yeah, but they won't tour there since the fans just keep asking them to play Toto covers. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    OnWis97 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

yeah, but they won't tour there since the fans just keep asking them to play Toto covers. 
    LMFAO
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I hope they use the Batman theme song to give that "something extra"!

Ta da da da da da da da.. Space Forrrrrrce!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Our entire grid of communication is based in outer space, man.  Whoa, far out!  If the commies take out our sats, we will need to resurrect that dumb ass cable under the atlantic sea or have Kevin Costner deliver our mail on horseback or get those ravens from Game of Thrones but then we will have to worry if Littlefinger caught the original raven and is just fucking with us.

How else to bitch to each other or get news on setlists (and bitch about those too) if not for outer space?  Plus I bet the dinos wish they had Velociraptor in space suits to intercept giant rocks floating around the dark void.
    The problem is, if one country started blasting away at another countries satellites, the result would be having enough debris floating around to start knocking other satellites to bits.  Pretty soon you have a debris field that renders that space unusable for thousands of years.  Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing after all.  But I doubt that's going to happen.  I think the whole space wars is just more bullshit to keep people either scared or entertained.  Or both.

brianlux said:
    The problem is, if one country started blasting away at another countries satellites, the result would be having enough debris floating around to start knocking other satellites to bits.  Pretty soon you have a debris field that renders that space unusable for thousands of years.  Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing after all.  But I doubt that's going to happen.  I think the whole space wars is just more bullshit to keep people either scared or entertained.  Or both.
    Or distracted from the real issues...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:
    Or distracted from the real issues...
    Oh man, you said it!

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    The militarization of space is not a new idea or concept... concerns about this are longstanding and I believe there is an international treaty/agreement from the 1960's banning it.... there are very dark and powerful forces that drool at the idea, and now they have the perfect fool in place to lead the charge... I'm not laughing about this, I suggest nobody should be laughing about it

And what Halifax said is correct... this has already been happening... you think portions of the NASA budget, and black budget, havent been used for space defense and military purposes? You think Russia, China, and other countries with Space programs havent had any R&D in regards to the militarization of space? I've got a bridge to sell you

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    my2hands said:
    The militarization of space is not a new idea or concept... concerns about this are longstanding and I believe there is an international treaty/agreement from the 1960's banning it.... there are very dark and powerful forces that drool at the idea, and now they have the perfect fool in place to lead the charge... I'm not laughing about this, I suggest nobody should be laughing about it

And what Halifax said is correct... this has already been happening... you think portions of the NASA budget, and black budget, havent been used for space defense and military purposes? You think Russia, China, and other countries with Space programs havent had any R&D in regards to the militarization of space? I've got a bridge to sell you

We all know how Trump feels about international treaties that he believes  don’t directly benefit him. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    my2hands said:

We all know how Trump feels about international treaties that he believes  don’t directly benefit him. 
    This also advances the agenda of countries with space programs such as Russia & China who could use the advances to further dominate and intimidate their smaller and more immediate neighbors, our outright seize terroritory... look no further than recent Russian aggression in Crimea and the Chinese militarization and posturing in the South China Sea... now imagine if they can strike, at will, from 1,000 miles up... low flying satellite's 1000 miles up can orbit the globe in less than 100 minutes... now toss a warhead on that, or a high powered weaponized laser (yes, they exist already)

It's not just hawks and profiteers in the American military industrial complex drooling over the potential, this is a greenlight internationally for everyone. 

History may show this as potentially the most dangerous move done by this administration 
    In other words, we may be at the beginning of another space race, but this one is much more dangerous
    One the US has a space farce, then Russia and China will ... just a farce if you ask me.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357

Stephen King Causes Meme Meltdown With Trump ‘Space Force’ Twitter Request

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/stephen-king-donald-trump-space-force_us_5b6e90c8e4b0ae32af9843f7

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/stephen-king-donald-trump-space-force_us_5b6e90c8e4b0ae32af9843f7

This was my favourite ... LOL
    Give Peas A Chance…
    delete, this quote box will not.  hmmmm
    I'm still pissed that the Star Wars program in the Reagan era hasn't yielded X-Wing fighter technology yet.
    I wonder if I'm still eligible for space cyborg commando training?

Although this is what your space force commando team probably will really look like (hmm, I could possibly be a candidate!)

Jason P said:
    Although this is what your space force commando team probably will really look like (hmm, I could possibly be a candidate!)

The command centre ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Don't sleep on Poindexter, he's an animal with an electric violin in his hands
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/28/opinions/race-to-militarize-space-pedreira/index.html

This is not as funny as people think, it's the dawn of a new age weapons race and warfare
    my2hands said:
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/28/opinions/race-to-militarize-space-pedreira/index.html

This is not as funny as people think, it's the dawn of a new age weapons race and warfare
    That's eye opening for sure.  I guess it is only matter of time before man fucks up space as well.  
    Give Peas A Chance…

The memes are funny as hell and I salute Mr. King for his efforts.  At the same time, I thin my2hands made an excellent point:

my2hands said:

What ours and other's leaders and administrations are toying with is some dicey shit and its been going on for decades.  But here's the disconnect for me:  This is yet another case of pouring massive amounts of money and resources into vying for control of the neighborhood.  Only guess what?  The neighborhood is in ruins and getting worse. And engaging in some techno bullshit space wars game is only going to drive it down further and further. 

Let's say someone eventually wins this game.  What is the point of gaining control over what was once something like this:

which has become this?

brianlux said:

The memes are funny as hell and I salute Mr. King for his efforts.  At the same time, I thin my2hands made an excellent point:

my2hands said:

What ours and other's leaders and administrations are toying with is some dicey shit and its been going on for decades.  But here's the disconnect for me:  This is yet another case of pouring massive amounts of money and resources into vying for control of the neighborhood.  Only guess what?  The neighborhood is in ruins and getting worse. And engaging in some techno bullshit space wars game is only going to drive it down further and further. 

Let's say someone eventually wins this game.  What is the point of gaining control over what was once something like this:

which has become this?

https://youtu.be/HBsZbL-Akms
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    my2hands said:
    brianlux said:

my2hands said:

which has become this?

https://youtu.be/HBsZbL-Akms
    It's been 12 years, but I still feel the same way about these lyrics as I did the day I first heard them. I remember printing them off for my wife to read as I played it on a road trip because I knew she'd never be able to understand them during the heavy parts and Maynard mumble moments.

If Omarosa really wanted to be remembered as someone more important than just another morally bankrupt Trump minion who wanted vengeance than she would have ended this fucking admin when she was on the inside. People laugh and joke that the left is over-reacting just because the world isn't ending this second or a world war isn't breaking out, but it will be a slow death march as regulations, policies, and rights are altered, expanded, stripped or destroyed in the name of greed.

"Spaceforce" has the big private military contractors foaming at the mouth. More big money in the name of "defense". Fuck it all. Content and happy are the complacent and ignorant among us. Don't worry, as long as Big Macs, Fortnight, Pornhub and Snapchat are still available then everything is fine here in 'Murica.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Space Force?  Let's check in with Professor B. and see what he has to say about all this: