2»

Comments

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    No love for Riot Act?
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    edited August 2018
    Playing binaural in front of 45,000 people...

You'd have 25,000 person stampeding for a refund.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    edited August 2018
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Agreed. Seattle is the most likely of all the stadium shows to get a full album since the Home shows are being so heavily promoted. 
    Although at the same time they tend to do it for dark horse shows.

Realistically, I'm thinking Riot Act in Missoula. However, if they do anything else it will be Vitalogy at Seattle 2. I'm really hoping they save Vitalogy for Wrigley 2!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    Yoeddy1Yoeddy1 Boise, Idaho Posts: 103
    edited August 2018
    They’ve already done full albums for Ten, Vs., No Code, Yield, and Binaural.  

Vitalogy is next, and I’d love to get it in Seattle, but I’m thinking Missoula is going to be the gem of this series of shows that would get it.

Can you imagine if they did Lost Dogs side one on night one in Seattle, and side two on night two?  Now THAT would be historic!
    Restless soul...enjoy your youth!
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Yeah, no kidding. That would be nuts if we got two full album shows! I guess we'll know within six days.....I think you have a good point about Missoula, though. That might be the one that merits an album show this time around.  
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    Yoeddy1Yoeddy1 Boise, Idaho Posts: 103
    Plus, Missoula is Jeff’s home.  Something is going down there that will be different than the rest of the shows.
    Restless soul...enjoy your youth!
  • Options
    You might be on to something.  ;)
  • Options
    Ten on the 10th would be cool!
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    Only shot would probably be Wrigley N2.  No way one of the home shows get's one.
  • Options
    They're not from Seattle or anything like that
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing. Kind of ironic that it falls on the 10th, so you never know!
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    ZeldaZonk said:
    I was thinking the same thing. Kind of ironic that it falls on the 10th, so you never know!
    If it means we get Release then play the whole damn (epic) album.
  • Options
    rummy said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    If it means we get Release then play the whole damn (epic) album.
       :)
  • Options
    Still excited that this might happen!
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Theses Seattle shows are only #7 and #8 for me so I still have quite a few 1990's songs to hear - and I was at the Binaural show in Toronto. For this reason, if they are going to play a full album, I hope it's one of the first three or four (I've heard a good number of Yield tracks).
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Yoeddy1 said:
    They’ve already done full albums for Ten, Vs., No Code, Yield, and Binaural.  

Vitalogy is next, and I’d love to get it in Seattle, but I’m thinking Missoula is going to be the gem of this series of shows that would get it.

Can you imagine if they did Lost Dogs side one on night one in Seattle, and side two on night two?  Now THAT would be historic!
    The moment when Jack Irons walks out onstage to sing Whale Song....woah.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    Therer is no chance a full album is played at any of these 2018 stadium shows.
    Lolla St. Louis 92, StL 98, Kansas City 98, Knoxville 98, StL 00, Kansas City 00, Oklahoma City 03, StL 03, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Kansas City 03, Philly x 2 03, MSG x 2 03, StL 04, GR 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, SF x 3 06, Portland, Gorge x 2 06, MSG x 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield x 2 08
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    I don’t think so either.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited August 2018
    hugepjfan said:
    If you don't like avocado, backspacer or lightning bolt, why are you still a fan? I'd shit myself if they played either of those full albums. But have they ever done yield all the way through? I can't recall? 
    I love Avocado, but hate BS and LB, and to answer your question, I'm still a fan because fans aren't obligated to love every album the band puts out. I think loving 8 out of 10 albums is actually pretty amazing - there aren't very many bands out there who could do that for anyone. Same with 7 out of 10. Or 5 out of 10, really.
    (FWIW, I have little interest in full album shows. It sounds like a good idea in theory, but it's never worked great for me in reality. A full album always hurts the energy of a show at some point IMHO).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hugepjfanhugepjfan Posts: 110
    3days said:
    No love for Riot Act?
    Here  here  Listened straight through today  Other than Yield  this is my 2nd choice. 
    HugePJFan
    "...You try it, I give you the room, you try..."
  • Options
    hugepjfanhugepjfan Posts: 110
    PJ_Soul said:
    hugepjfan said:
    If you don't like avocado, backspacer or lightning bolt, why are you still a fan? I'd shit myself if they played either of those full albums. But have they ever done yield all the way through? I can't recall? 
    I love Avocado, but hate BS and LB, and to answer your question, I'm still a fan because fans aren't obligated to love every album the band puts out. I think loving 8 out of 10 albums is actually pretty amazing - there aren't very many bands out there who could do that for anyone. Same with 7 out of 10. Or 5 out of 10, really.
    (FWIW, I have little interest in full album shows. It sounds like a good idea in theory, but it's never worked great for me in reality. A full album always hurts the energy of a show at some point IMHO).
    I can appreciate that. 

HugePJFan
    "...You try it, I give you the room, you try..."
  • Options
    Therer is no chance a full album is played at any of these 2018 stadium shows.
    Agree! Very little chance of this happening. 
  • Options
    Day of show! Let's get excited about the music!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Hate to burst your bubble(s) but no way this happens at a show of this size and importance. That was 2016's fun after all and this band isn't much into repeating stuff they've done before.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I'd actually be really bummed if they only played songs from one album. I love their entire body of work and have favorites on each album; I'd feel cheated if the set list was limited to just one.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited August 2018
    I'd actually be really bummed if they only played songs from one album. I love their entire body of work and have favorites on each album; I'd feel cheated if the set list was limited to just one.
    They wouldn't only play a full album. They would play a full album plus a ton of other songs.

I think they could actually get away with playing Ten from front to back at a ballpark show. But definitely not any other album (not that I think they would do it for this tour in any case).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    I wish more songs from or all of Riot Act gets played tonight!!!
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    Threet76Threet76 Posts: 37
    PJWGIII said:
    I would like to selfishly request that they save Vitalogy for Wrigley....
    Agree
    Philadelphia - October 30th 2009
    Philadelphia - October 22nd 2013
    Baltimore - October 27th 2013
    New York - September 26th 2015
    Philadelphia - April 28th 2016
    Philadelphia - April 29th 2016
    Boston - August 5th 2016
    Boston - August 7th 2016
  • Options
    They are from Seattle. Why would you not do something this awesome in your hometown?