Google map of NYC near the Garden

PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Hey here's a question for ya - which street will be less crowded at 11pm? I mean, the sidewalks - 7th or 8th? I need to run to the Port Authority from MSG and I don't want to mow people down.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    fishbucketfishbucket Posts: 41
    7th avenue leads directly into the middle of times square, so if you're looking for the quickest route, 8th should be safer. Although expect to get caught in a flood of people coming out of the garden. Depending where your seats are, it could be a long time before you get out of the building and onto the street.
  • Options
    fishbucket wrote:
    7th avenue leads directly into the middle of times square, so if you're looking for the quickest route, 8th should be safer. Although expect to get caught in a flood of people coming out of the garden. Depending where your seats are, it could be a long time before you get out of the building and onto the street.

Thanks - I'll have 10C somewhere, and this makes me think I might have to leave a little early in any case even though its going to suck to leave during Baba, RITFW or YL or Indifference or Fuckin' Up. There's a bus I simply can't miss. 8th it is then.
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    Hey here's a question for ya - which street will be less crowded at 11pm? I mean, the sidewalks - 7th or 8th? I need to run to the Port Authority from MSG and I don't want to mow people down.

It's NYC you can't run people down. People only go one speed...fast. lol! and they'll probably both be about the same not too crowded but there will be people around.
    Leave your lady on the cement floor.

"You boo us, you call us pussies, and still we come back." EV NJ1 2006

2008 MSG 2
    2006 NJ 1, NJ 2
    2003 MSG 1
  • Options
    It's NYC you can't run people down. People only go one speed...fast. lol! and they'll probably both be about the same not too crowded but there will be people around.

Heh, yeah I know what you mean - I was in the city on saturday for The Cure, but I've been near Times Square after broadway shows and its wall to wall people. I'm pretty good at running in between, but I'll stick with 8th as its a straight shoot to port authority. Dang i wish i didn't have to leave early and be in a hurry!
  • Options
    Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176
    JaneNY wrote:
    Heh, yeah I know what you mean - I was in the city on saturday for The Cure, but I've been near Times Square after broadway shows and its wall to wall people. I'm pretty good at running in between, but I'll stick with 8th as its a straight shoot to port authority. Dang i wish i didn't have to leave early and be in a hurry!

Try 9th; it will still get you to PA and you avoid all the Broadway people. Just use the 9th Avenue (back) entrance.
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC