Dashcam captures devastating crash on Canada's busiest highway

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/dashcam-captures-devastating-crash-on-canada-s-busiest-highway-1.4042081

Amazing all survived ... lucky.
Give Peas A Chance…

Comments

• Dashcam captures devastating crash on Canada's busiest highway

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/dashcam-captures-devastating-crash-on-canada-s-busiest-highway-1.4042081

So many f**king idiots driving. Not paying attention. Not courteous. Not knowing the rules of the road.

Pisses me off.

Like wtf buddy? What the f**k were you doing that you never noticed the vehicle stopped far up the lane that you plowed into without even braking for?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The 401 is easily the most dangerous highway in Canada ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

So many f**king idiots driving. Not paying attention. Not courteous. Not knowing the rules of the road.

Pisses me off.

Like wtf buddy? What the f**k were you doing that you never noticed the vehicle stopped far up the lane that you plowed into without even braking for?
    Based on the number of times I see it every day, I wouldn't be surprised if the moron was looking at their phone. Those people are lucky to be alive.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593

Pisses me off.

Based on the number of times I see it every day, I wouldn't be surprised if the moron was looking at their phone. Those people are lucky to be alive.
    That's for sure.  I see it all the time time too- idiots texting while driving.  In California, you can get a hefty fine for doing that.  I think it should be worse- like a suspended licensee or confiscation of the vehicle.  According to DMV, 42% of teen drivers admit to texting while driving.  But how many of them get caught doing it?  Few!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Talking and texting should carry the same charges as a DUI.  Also DUI's should result in a 5 year driving ban...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Talking and texting should carry the same charges as a DUI.  Also DUI's should result in a 5 year driving ban...
    Yep.  Or reading a book while driving.  I've seen that happen.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    Yes, I've seen that as well.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:
    Is that insane or what?!

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    I came upon a fatality very soon after it happened. motorcycle into the back of an suv.

my dashcam recorded me going through the debris. dead guy on the image as well.
    not posting it. anywhere. I stopped to protect the body from being run over, again. I think the car he hit ran over him when he ejected from the bike. Believe he flipped in front of the car and was run over. DOA regardless. Hr later I turned 50.....

fucking weird way to ring in an age I never dreamed I would see..... or couldnt envision anyway.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Is that insane or what?!
    It's insane what people do behind the wheel of a vehicle...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mickeyrat said:
    I came upon a fatality very soon after it happened. motorcycle into the back of an suv.

my dashcam recorded me going through the debris. dead guy on the image as well.
    not posting it. anywhere. I stopped to protect the body from being run over, again. I think the car he hit ran over him when he ejected from the bike. Believe he flipped in front of the car and was run over. DOA regardless. Hr later I turned 50.....

fucking weird way to ring in an age I never dreamed I would see..... or couldnt envision anyway.
    Oh shit, man.  Terrible. 

Man charged after BMW crashes into pole, spins down Toronto street in video

https://globalnews.ca/news/4373186/bmw-crash-toronto-video/?utm_medium=Facebook&utm_source=GlobalToronto

Another violent accident...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    This is getting close to being the case in BC now - people caught using their phones behind the wheel at all, even at red lights, are getting heavily fined, and with repeat offenses they're having their licenses suspended. It happened to my friend. He kept getting busted changing his music on his phone at red lights in his work van. First he was fined a lot, then he was fined way more, and the 3rd time he had his license suspended for 2 months .... Don't ask my why my friend did not learn his lesson after the first ticket. His wife hasn't been able to solve that mystery either, lol, but man, was she pissed. When a dad of 2 young kids gets his license taken away, it throws the entire system into chaos.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I'm guessing you have never driven the 401?  It's an extremely dangerous HWY.  A section between London and Tilbury has been dubbed carnage alley from the amount of cross over head on collisions.  As for texting/talking/distracted driving should carry the same penalty as a DUI.  A first time DUI should result in a 5 year driving ban ... When I get behind the wheel, I have 1 job to do drive safely.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited August 2018
    I'm guessing you have never driven the 401?  It's an extremely dangerous HWY.  A section between London and Tilbury has been dubbed carnage alley from the amount of cross over head on collisions.  As for texting/talking/distracted driving should carry the same penalty as a DUI.  A first time DUI should result in a 5 year driving ban ... When I get behind the wheel, I have 1 job to do drive safely.  
    I am not sure how the 401 specifically or whether or not I've driven it is relevant to what I said. I agree that penalties should be really stiff (although do still agree with graduated penalties - I don't think a first time offender should be getting a 5 year driving ban unless they actually caused an accident. But a second or third time offender certainly should get one. Hell, third time ban them for life). I hate distracted drivers and drunk drivers.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Absolutely should be a  5 year driving ban...driving is a right, not a privilege ... getting behind the wheel of a car drunk is no different than pointing a loaded gun at someone...except in this case the driver is loaded.  You kill someone while drunk should be 15 years minimum ... time to get tough on those losers who drink, talk, text while driving... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    edited August 2018
    driving is a right huh? enshrined in your constitution, is it?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited August 2018
    mickeyrat said:
    driving is a right huh? enshrined in your constitution, is it?
    it was a mistake ... it was suppose to be the other way around .... lmfao at people like you
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited August 2018
    Post deleted. See the Posting Guidelines
    Post edited by Sea on
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited August 2018
    Absolutely should be a  5 year driving ban...driving is a right, not a privilege ... getting behind the wheel of a car drunk is no different than pointing a loaded gun at someone...except in this case the driver is loaded.  You kill someone while drunk should be 15 years minimum ... time to get tough on those losers who drink, talk, text while driving... 
    A couple weeks ago I mentioned how BC has ramped up the penalties for distracted driving to a millennial friend of mine at work and said I am glad, and he actually got really mad about the whole thing. He believes that it is simply unrealistic and unfair to expect younger people not to use their phones while driving because their phones are literally a part of them. He wasn't kidding. This is a smart, very educated guy who is in politics. I thought he was maybe joking, lol. But he wasn't. He was dead fucking serious. He feels that younger generations are just so attached to their phones on a minute-to-minute basis that it is crazy to expect them not to be while behind the wheel. I of course said I thought that was an insane perspective, and he suggested I didn't understand because I'm too old to "get it". Pffft, well I didn't love that for a couple reasons, lol.
    Obviously my reaction to that viewpoint is that if younger people are that tied to their phones - the way he talked about it was more like he was talking about human/cyborg beings, where the attachment goes so deep they are physically unable to unattached for the duration of the drive to work, then that isn't fucking something you just accept and accommodate and be okay with for drivers. You fucking do something to correct that horrid state of being for yet younger people. He sincerely seemed to think there was nothing wrong with any of this. And he truly doesn't believe that using phones to some extent behind the wheel is even dangerous (I'm not talking about gaming here, but stuff like checking on constant notifications, messing with Spotify, quick replies to texts, etc), nor that it contributes to more dangerous roads, and he certainly thought it was insane to suggest that using a phone at a red light is not okay. He basically thinks that older people and the law makers are just assuming using a phone while driving is dangerous without any proof whatsoever - he seemed to think that any data that suggests it could be very dangerous is skewed and not including all information. Again, this is a guy who is super involved in local politics. I know for sure others think like him - he didn't just come up with this all by himself. I found it all very concerning.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    There is a naked dude that magically appears in the middle of the road after the crash.  How is that not included in the main thread title?  
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Jason P said:
    There is a naked dude that magically appears in the middle of the road after the crash.  How is that not included in the main thread title?  
    So, what you’re saying is you’re in this for the naked dudes? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. Please see the Posting Guidelines. Thank you.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines
    Jason P said:
    I'm not particularly into naked dudes, but anytime someone appears magically in the middle of the road, I'm going to be curious, naked or otherwise.  Same with pink elephants.  Especially pink elephants!

Am looking forward to Jason's response as well!

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    brianlux said:
    Jason P said:
    I'm not particularly into naked dudes, but anytime someone appears magically in the middle of the road, I'm going to be curious, naked or otherwise.  Same with pink elephants.  Especially pink elephants!

X File. Better get Mueller and Scully. Oh Mueller is busy? Get Mulder then! I don’t care if he’s retired. Offer him a sex bot to take the case!!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    brianlux said:
    Jason P said: