Request (Please Read): Better Man September 2nd 2018 @ Fenway in Boston

jeremyjonjovijeremyjonjovi Tupper Lake, NY Posts: 8
edited July 2018 in The Porch
I've never made a request before, to be honest I'm very new to this whole fan club situation and it's pretty wild. 

My request is to play "Better Man" on night 1 of the Boston Fenway home show. (09/02/18) My dad has been staying at Mass General Hospital in Boston for 5 weeks as of this writing, 4 days ago he was blessed to have received a heart transplant. He is holding up well, he is in a lot of pain and the doctors say it is going to be a long recovery with therapy and strengthening of his weakened body. He's 65 years old and has always been the "cool" dad, the "funny guy" that everyone loves, this whole lengthy hospital stay and upcoming 6 weeks of therapy has taken a toll on him mentally. We don't live very close to Boston, my family and I live in a small town in Northern New York, Tupper Lake, so it's hard for everyone to get to Boston to keep his spirits up from 6 hours away. We just left Boston yesterday, headed back home. I was told today he was moved back to a regular room, not in the ICU, so that is a positive first step. His projected release date to leave the hospital and come back home is actually the day after the Boston show (night one) which is Labor Day I believe. I just thought it would be amazing for me to see my very first Pearl Jam show, at my favorite baseball teams home stadium, hours before I get to take my dad out of the hospital after getting a heart transplant. There's so many amazing things projected to happen that weekend, and it would really make our summer complete to hear 'Better Man' dedicated to my amazing dad, Dave Dukette.

So as far as requests go, I have no idea if this is the right avenue that I should take to make a request. But it would mean a lot to hear back from someone about it. Thank You for the consideration.
Post edited by jeremyjonjovi on

Comments

• PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Gotta bump the song that got me hooked on this band for life!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • jeremyjonjovijeremyjonjovi Tupper Lake, NY Posts: 8
    The song just gets me in so many ways. It's amazing. I have a video on my son at 4 years old singing the song from start to finish. It's so cute. He used to love singing PJ songs. I think I over did it, because now he won't do it at 8 years old. But yeah, this song got me hooked, got my son hooked... It means a lot to me. Thanks for the bump 
    edited August 2018
    Just an update on my dad's situation, HE MADE IT HOME ALREADY!! 

He is the strongest guy I know, he is so amazing. He made it through two weeks after heart transplant surgery and they let him leave and head back to Northern New York. Now he has to travel to Boston once a week, for the next 6 weeks or so, to get his new heart biopsied for rejection levels. It's great to have him back, and he's working on getting strength back in his legs, and walking more. There's still a lot of physical therapy to go through, but it's looking good for him. His immune system is totally depleted though, he has to wear a mask for the next 2 months when he's around people in the public so he doesn't catch anything. I'm pretty grateful to the awesome medical team at Mass General in Boston. 9th Floor Ellison cardiac unit!!! Thanks to them, and the people of Boston. When we went down to Boston for trips to see my dad, we ocassionally would get out and explore the city. Such an amazing place. I cannot wait to go back. Explore some nice seafood bars around the city. I'm hungry!! 

Still would mean a lot to me if Pearl Jam could play this song for me, when we go. We only going to night one though, night 2 is on "Kindergarten Day" and I need to be back to drive the school bus for the new Kindergartners that are riding a school bus for the first time. I would have gone to both shows had it been a week earlier. Thank you guys.
    Post edited by jeremyjonjovi on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    bradley cooper GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Play Better Man for Dave PJ!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Thank You, Pap
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024

Another update: hes doing good, still needs to stay away from germs and such so he doesn't get sick. (Since he has no immune system really) He wanted to take his boat out for his birthday, kids were flying kites, he wanted to take over. He loves it. Positive thoughts.

He wants to learn to play guitar now, so he bought one.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    edited August 2018
    You don't need a request thread, they will play it.
    I know they'll play it in Boston, just want it night one. I'm not able to go to night 2.