Announcing 'The Home Shows'

Comments

• PkePke Ayrshire ,Scotland Posts: 846
    edited August 2018
    Still One seat Block 116 for Night 1 Aug 8th available and one Ga for Missoula available
    pm me if you need
    Post edited by Pke on
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 235
    Just tweeted out by the band:

Good tickets to the sold-out #TheHomeShows on Aug 8th and 10th at @SafecoField are being released Thursday, Aug. 2nd at 10am! Priced at $112 & available at http://LiveNation.com  or charge by phone 1-800- 745-3000. All tickets subject to applicable service charges & fees.
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Good Morning All:

Less than six days friends. I am sure this has been discussed and I can't seem to find it, but are these Safeco shows really starting promptly at 7pm?

1) Are they going to be marathon shows?
    2) How on earth could the curfew for Safeco, amongst commerce and industrial buildings be earlier than the curfews of old built in residential parks such as Wrigley and Fenway? I doubt one would be able to hear the concert from their condo in Pioneer Square.

Also this was just released and is somewhat laughable and useless for the FAITHFUL living and staying in West Seattle: https://westseattleblog.com/2018/08/change-of-heart-west-seattle-water-taxi-will-extend-service-for-pearl-jam-august-8th-concert-after-all/

Cheers,
  • Good Morning All:

Less than six days friends. I am sure this has been discussed and I can't seem to find it, but are these Safeco shows really starting promptly at 7pm?

1) Are they going to be marathon shows?
    2) How on earth could the curfew for Safeco, amongst commerce and industrial buildings be earlier than the curfews of old built in residential parks such as Wrigley and Fenway? I doubt one would be able to hear the concert from their condo in Pioneer Square.

Also this was just released and is somewhat laughable and useless for the FAITHFUL living and staying in West Seattle: https://westseattleblog.com/2018/08/change-of-heart-west-seattle-water-taxi-will-extend-service-for-pearl-jam-august-8th-concert-after-all/

Cheers,
    I'm thinking closer to 7:30. Probably the standard 2.5-3 hrs. Its an outdoor venue so curfews always make sense. There are a lot more residential buildings in that area now. Much closer than Pioneer Square. With that said the curfew is 10 pm. But......you can apply for a Temporary Noise Variance, which I guarantee they did. 

There is a great restaurant called Marination where the water taxi lands in WS. Great food and great views. I know people that drive over there to pre-funk and then catch the water taxi in for events. I wouldn't say useless. 

https://www.seattle.gov/special-events-office/handbook/outdoor-amplified-sound
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    Anyone thinking or hoping a surprise show happens before the Safeco shows?  The Paramount, Moore, Neptune theaters all appear to be available early in the week! Just throwing it out there
  • WickstaWicksta Posts: 100
    Spare 10c reserved ticket available for Wed show in Seattle. Section 118. Face value. PM me!
    PJ - Sydney 12 Mar 1998 - Sydney 11 & 14 Feb 2003 - Sydney 8 & 18 Nov 2006 - Sydney 22 Nov 2009 - Prague 2 Jul 2012 - Berlin 4 & 5 Jul 2012 - Stockholm 7 Jul 2012 - Copenhagen 10 Jul 2012 - Wrigley 19 Jul 2013 - Gold Coast 19 Jan 2014 - Melbourne 24 Jan 2014 - Sydney 26 Jan 2014 - Adelaide 31 Jan 2014 - Perth 2 Jan 2014 - Amsterdam 16 & 17 Jun 2014 - Milan 20 Jun 2014 - Trieste 22 Jun 2014 - Vienna 25 Jun 2014 - Berlin 26 Jun 2014 - New York City 1 & 2 May 2016 - Seattle 8 & 10 Aug 2018
    EV - Canberra 15 Mar 2011 - Sydney 18 Mar 2011 - Perth 7 & 8 Feb 2014 - Sydney 11,12 & 13 Feb 2014 - Melbourne 19 Feb 2014 - Brisbane 22, 23 & 25 Feb 2014 - London 6 Jun 2017 - Dublin 9 Jun 2017 
  • I know the tix saw no large bags/backpacks.  The official Safeco rules for Mariners game are here down the right side.  Anyone know if there are other specific venue rules for the Home Shows? 

Looking forward to first PJ show since '13 Seattle!
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you."
    Vancouver '05, Denver I/II '06, Gorge I/II '06, MSG I/II '08, VH1 Rock Honors '08, Seattle I/II '09, Vancouver '11
    EV: Portland '11, Seattle Benaroya I/II '11
  • 1) Am I the only one who only got an email THIS AFTERNOON about the Seattle pre-show pop up merch shops that started SUNDAY? What the hell? 2) Also, fellow women, am I also the only one tired of the lame-ass, stereotypically girly "women's" merch? Why on earth can't we get the same cool graphics as the guys just in smaller fitted sizes? (Mind you I'm petite so I typically have to buy a guy's small and then take a sewing machine to it). If I started a [respectful] petition to Ten Club and asked them to consider merch equality would any of you sign it? :)
  • I just bought 2 tickets to the Wednesday show thinking a buddy of mine would make the trek with me.  Turns out it isn't going to happen.  Need to get ride of them if anyone is interested in a pair.   Section 140.  PM me.
    gsd
  • achon44achon44 Posts: 104
    edited August 2018
    Family emergency came up and I cant make it to Seattle.  Have one ticket for Wednesday in Sec 117 Row 15 and one for Friday in Sec 142 Row 4.  Face Value.  PM me please! 
    Post edited by achon44 on
    Cuyahoga Falls, OH 07-29-92....Cleveland, OH 03-22-94....Cleveland, OH 05-09-10....Chicago, IL 07-19-13....
    San Diego, CA 11-21-13.... Los Angeles, CA 11-23-13....Los Angeles, CA 11-24-13....Oakland, CA 11-27-13
  • 1) Am I the only one who only got an email THIS AFTERNOON about the Seattle pre-show pop up merch shops that started SUNDAY? What the hell? 2) Also, fellow women, am I also the only one tired of the lame-ass, stereotypically girly "women's" merch? Why on earth can't we get the same cool graphics as the guys just in smaller fitted sizes? (Mind you I'm petite so I typically have to buy a guy's small and then take a sewing machine to it). If I started a [respectful] petition to Ten Club and asked them to consider merch equality would any of you sign it? :)

My wife made the same point. She wanted a version of the baseball jersey t-shirt, but doesn't come in women's, and doesn't like the women's selections.
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you."
    Vancouver '05, Denver I/II '06, Gorge I/II '06, MSG I/II '08, VH1 Rock Honors '08, Seattle I/II '09, Vancouver '11
    EV: Portland '11, Seattle Benaroya I/II '11
  • The one I bought today is literally like a dress on me. And not in a flattering way. So once again, it will likely be cut up and safety pinned onto the back of a jacket. 
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Hey all, are there any SEA2 10c meet ups before the show?
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    If tonight's show was being streamed via Youtube (like Dave Matthews Band has done a couple times this summer) it'd be common knowledge by now, correct? 
    Enjoy the show everyone
  • I have one ticket for tonight, section 118. PM me.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    BF89905 said:
    If tonight's show was being streamed via Youtube (like Dave Matthews Band has done a couple times this summer) it'd be common knowledge by now, correct? 
    Enjoy the show everyone
    Yeah, they've never done that before and aren't for these shows. There are ways to check in on the show over in the live forum.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    BF89905 said:
    Enjoy the show everyone
    Yeah, they've never done that before and aren't for these shows. There are ways to check in on the show over in the live forum.
    I know they okay-ed it for the Lollapalooza show recently...... dreamers can dream ;)
  • KB82926KB82926 Posts: 58
    Extra GA ticket for tonight. At the bar at Sluggers. PM me. 
  • KB82926KB82926 Posts: 58
    Less than face value, of course. Hit me soon!
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Evidently Safeco field is now saying no cameras at all. I was just told that at the entrance.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • ChopstickdropChopstickdrop Belltown- Seattle Posts: 7
  • ChopstickdropChopstickdrop Belltown- Seattle Posts: 7
    All dressed up and ready 
  • KS1695KS1695 Posts: 30
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Evidently Safeco field is now saying no cameras at all. I was just told that at the entrance.
    Ridiculous, but true. I brought the same tiny Cannon camera that I've brought to many shows, not pro no detachable lens, and they made me go to that bag check for $10. Man , I was not the only person pissed in that bag check line. There was no notification of this rule change as far as I know. The purse size thing really po'd people too. Luckily I had read that change on here this morning. Not cool at all to change the rules at the last minute and not officially notify peeps. Sorry, rants over.
  • I was also not allowed to bring in my tiny point and shoot camera in last night.  It's smaller than my phone.  I only saw the signs that said "No professional cameras" once I got to the security area.  When I got to the metal detector the security guy told me my camera wasn't allowed and I'd have to get out of line, go around the block, check it, and then go to the very end of the GA line again.  Several of the security lines were stopped up because numerous people were having the same issue as me, as well as having their small purses denied.  When a few of us in line pointed at the "No professional camera" line on the sign, the security just said it wasn't allowed.  So Friday night folks, nothing but a phone is allowed.  Frustrating.
  • surprise new "camera policy" def was a set back getting in last night. no doubt about that.
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Post show transportation, am I better taking the light rail back to my hotel around Madison and 5th, walking back, or taking ride-share?
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    I was also not allowed to bring in my tiny point and shoot camera in last night.  It's smaller than my phone.  I only saw the signs that said "No professional cameras" once I got to the security area.  When I got to the metal detector the security guy told me my camera wasn't allowed and I'd have to get out of line, go around the block, check it, and then go to the very end of the GA line again.  Several of the security lines were stopped up because numerous people were having the same issue as me, as well as having their small purses denied.  When a few of us in line pointed at the "No professional camera" line on the sign, the security just said it wasn't allowed.  So Friday night folks, nothing but a phone is allowed.  Frustrating.
     same here.... my pocket point and shoot is a hell'va a lot less freaking annoying to people around than giant iPhone + screens glaring like a movie theater next to you .... oh well. 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh