Options

'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    How about the supply inside the stadium?
    will it be minimal?
    i still think the best way is to get merch inside
    always works for me for the european tour

They seemed to have a lot of stuff inside in 2016, at least from what I saw. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:
    Too bad they can't keep the limit to 1 per poster design per customer, seeing that they will be selling all 5 poster designs for all 7 day's.

Same customer could be first in line (or top 10) for the next 7 day's buying up posters & all the merch their eye could see, nothing management can do right? Just hope they have enough to go around for their fans.

With the 7 days stretch
    is it possible posters are sold out on the 5th day?

some customer can show up on the first day
    buy another 2 posters the next day
    then buy another 2 and so on
    nothing 10c can do about this
    I think they hold back posters for each day.  
    Yeah that never happens.  They hold things back to a point.  After N1 the last of The Catch prints were put out after the show.  I didn't purchase them because I was sure there were thousands more but that wasn't the case.

I see even more being printed this time around and even the HOT posters will be readily available.

Also if PJ wants to open the shop early and someone wants to make multiple trips in the merch line then good for them and shame on PJ.  They obviously want maximum sales hence the 7 days of "Merchmas".

"Merchmas" is my new term for the ensuing chaos known to be the Seattle stadium shows.  Please reuse the term in kind.

TY
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Too bad they can't keep the limit to 1 per poster design per customer, seeing that they will be selling all 5 poster designs for all 7 day's.

Same customer could be first in line (or top 10) for the next 7 day's buying up posters & all the merch their eye could see, nothing management can do right? Just hope they have enough to go around for their fans.

With the 7 days stretch

In Boston in 2016 they took a pic of a guy to make sure they stopped selling him boxes of baseball cards. Thought that was pretty funny. Also, would not sell full boxes after that. At least while I was there. 
    I do want a full box, I won't lie.  I love the cards!!!

#Merchmas
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    pdalowsky said:
    I’ve never been to a show that this wasn’t enforced. 
    me neither, on the whole the limits were enforced at every show i went to in Europe this year. I heard a few stories of a few Italian shows where the merch sellers were not told in time, but other  than that it was a strict limit
    For badges and stickers it didn't seem to be at the Euro shows I went to, other than London and Amsterdam. 
    I certainly saw six badges being bought at a time. 
    As the amounts were very limited for shows such as Krakow, I think it should be two per person. 
    I did make a merch suggestion in the 'Let Your Voice Be Heard' thread. 
    Fingers crossed  that planning for Seattle has taken on some lessons.

2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:

With the 7 days stretch

Yeah that never happens.  They hold things back to a point.  After N1 the last of The Catch prints were put out after the show.  I didn't purchase them because I was sure there were thousands more but that wasn't the case.

I see even more being printed this time around and even the HOT posters will be readily available.

Also if PJ wants to open the shop early and someone wants to make multiple trips in the merch line then good for them and shame on PJ.  They obviously want maximum sales hence the 7 days of "Merchmas".

"Merchmas" is my new term for the ensuing chaos known to be the Seattle stadium shows.  Please reuse the term in kind.

TY
    Didn’t they hold back posters each day for Global Citizen?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    edited August 2018
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:

With the 7 days stretch

TY
    Yep and sold out of everything the day before the show.  I tried to get a Transformers poster 3 days in a row, a hat too.  Those things were really limited though.  Maybe 200 hats and 400 posters.  They released 50 hats a day and 100 posters a day.

#MERCHMAS
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:

With the 7 days stretch

TY
    Yep and sold out of everything the day before the show.  I tried to get a Transformers poster 3 days in a row, a hat too.  Those things were really limited though.  Maybe 200 hats and 400 posters.  They released 50 hats a day and 100 posters a day.

#MERCHMAS
    That’s what I remembered. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Wrigley show in 2013 had posters held back too.  Crackerjacks were sold inside the stadium the night of the show. 

• Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:

With the 7 days stretch

TY

#MERCHMAS
    I missed out on transformers one day and woke up earlier the next day and got it.  Granted I worked right downtown but still... 
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787
    This thread makes me sick. I can’t explain why. It just feels very tacky and sort of insane. I know it’s been like this fir a while but I just can’t understand. 
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    What would be better to only buy 1 per person and keep a limited amount or 2 per person but double/treble the print run?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    smithnic said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:

With the 7 days stretch

TY

#MERCHMAS
    I missed out on transformers one day and woke up earlier the next day and got it.  Granted I worked right downtown but still... 
    Someone wanted a hat so I was able to get them one.

They threw hats on the table and they were gone instantly.  I made the mistake of not being a savage, lol...

There were people with handfulls of items and coming back in for seconds.  It was crazy there.

#Merchmas
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    on2legs said:
    Wrigley show in 2013 had posters held back too.  Crackerjacks were sold inside the stadium the night of the show. 
    I will never forget the disappointment of waiting in line for 6+ hours in the blaring sun, drinking $1 waters, fighting heatstroke, and finally getting to the mercy counter only to have the Crackerjack sell out a few people in front of me.

I was lucky enough to get one in the shop so all that suffering was not for naught!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    nicknyr15 said:
    This thread makes me sick. I can’t explain why. It just feels very tacky and sort of insane. I know it’s been like this fir a while but I just can’t understand. 
    Would you like a courtesy PJ vomit bag? The courtesy will cost you $3.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    TremormanTremorman Posts: 381
    Any word on if they are doing setlist t-shirts again?  I wish I grabbed one the day after the second Fenway show.
  • Options
    SP218311SP218311 Boston, MA Posts: 167
    nicknyr15 said:
    I feel the same.  I don't fault the band for making money off of this stuff... there is clearly demand and their business model works.  I actually wonder why more bands don't do this, especially with cross-over fan bases (and demographics).  People seem to love to wait in line for this stuff.  As much as I would like one shirt as a souvenir from my trip to Seattle, I'll pass and just pay a premium on ebay or wait til it hits the online shop.  Though to me, what is crazier than waiting in line before the show for merch is waiting in line DURING the show for merch.  At Fenway and Wrigley in 2016, I was shocked to see people waiting in line for merch (most of which was sold out) in the middle of the show.  Those lines were longer than the bathroom and beer lines.  Priorities, I guess.
    1998 Mansfield 09/15 | 2000 Mansfield 08/30 | 2003 Mansfield 07/02, 07/03, 07/11 | 2004 Boston 09/28 | 2006 Boston 05/24, 05/25 | 
    2008 Mansfield 06/28, 06/30 | 2009 Philadelphia 10/27, 10/28, 10/31 | 2010 Boston 05/17 | 2013 Worcester 10/15, 10/16 - Hartford 10/25 |
    2016 Boston 08/05, 08/07 - Chicago 08/20, 08/22 | 2018 Seattle 08/08, 08/10 - Boston 09/02, 09/04 | 2022 Denver, 09/22
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    #Merchmas
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,340
    edited August 2018
    SP218311 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I feel the same.  I don't fault the band for making money off of this stuff... there is clearly demand and their business model works.  I actually wonder why more bands don't do this, especially with cross-over fan bases (and demographics).  People seem to love to wait in line for this stuff.  As much as I would like one shirt as a souvenir from my trip to Seattle, I'll pass and just pay a premium on ebay or wait til it hits the online shop.  Though to me, what is crazier than waiting in line before the show for merch is waiting in line DURING the show for merch.  At Fenway and Wrigley in 2016, I was shocked to see people waiting in line for merch (most of which was sold out) in the middle of the show.  Those lines were longer than the bathroom and beer lines.  Priorities, I guess.
    It's driven by hope that whatever people are buying will be the next big thing that they can trade for a Kong or Cracker Jack (or the fear that they will have passed on something that would have enabled them too) as well as a scarcity that creates a "this is my only shot to buy this mentality." That's why people will always double up on the posters (even if they're ugly) and buy t shirts with animals that have 6 sets of eyes. The band didn't create this merch monster, the fans did.

With all this in mind, best of luck to everyone getting merch at the stadium shows. Let's hope they printed in large quantities like in 2016 to give all fans a shot.
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:

With the 7 days stretch

TY
    that's when I grab The Catch.  walking out and boom stand outside the gate had a stack of them.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787
    nicknyr15 said:
    Would you like a courtesy PJ vomit bag? The courtesy will cost you $3.
    Lmao can I flip it for $25 even if it’s used?
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited August 2018
    I think im retiring from the merch game for a little while.  About to buy another vehicle and shit gets expensive.  I’ll def blast some PJ out of the truck tho
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    nicknyr15 said:

I hear ya.  The whole merch scene just makes me cringe.  I eventually track down the poster for shows I go to and maybe grab a tshirt at some point, but that's about it.  Standing in line for hours (especially if it's a city I haven't been to before) is just crazy to me.
  • Options
    SP218311 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    It's driven by hope that whatever people are buying will be the next big thing that they can trade for a Kong or Cracker Jack (or the fear that they will have passed on something that would have enabled them too) as well as a scarcity that creates a "this is my only shot to buy this mentality." That's why people will always double up on the posters (even if they're ugly) and buy t shirts with animals that have 6 sets of eyes. The band didn't create this merch monster, the fans did.

With all this in mind, best of luck to everyone getting merch at the stadium shows. Let's hope they printed in large quantities like in 2016 to give all fans a shot.
    I now pass on the ugly posters and shirts.  Easy money saved nowadays and I'm ok with that.  I will not be wearing any animal on a shirt with more than it's intended amount of eyes!

I really like the smaller stuff.  Koozies, stickers, pins, cards and SOCKS!!!!!!

#Merchmas

• Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694

Only 2 items of merch bar the posters that I would buy.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    I really hope that they bring the baseball cards to the shop this time...I don't expect it but I'm open for a huge surprise.  1 pack will soon cost $ 60 on ebay..
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    nycmalenycmale Posts: 201
    I am as big as a PJ merch fan as the next fan, but It is evident in the merch they are still touring for the Lightning Bolt album ( at least in designs with the cards, some shirts, etc). Does anyone else find that a little strange? I believe the first Lightning Bolt tour was in 2013. Crazy in 2018 they are still touring for the same album. I love the fact they are still doing shows year in and year out, even though no new music has been coming, but how about getting rid of the lightning bolt designs for the new tours. I know its a petty complaint, just speaking my mind. Bring on the shows next week!!
  • Options
    malphurs72malphurs72 NC Piedmont Posts: 56
    nycmale said:
    I am as big as a PJ merch fan as the next fan, but It is evident in the merch they are still touring for the Lightning Bolt album ( at least in designs with the cards, some shirts, etc). Does anyone else find that a little strange? I believe the first Lightning Bolt tour was in 2013. Crazy in 2018 they are still touring for the same album. I love the fact they are still doing shows year in and year out, even though no new music has been coming, but how about getting rid of the lightning bolt designs for the new tours. I know its a petty complaint, just speaking my mind. Bring on the shows next week!!
    I'm with you on this.
    98 Raleigh 03 Raleigh 06 Camden1 13 Baltimore 16 Greenville 16 Raleigh 16 Wrigley1 16 Wrigley2 18 Missoula 18 Wrigley1
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    nycmale said:
    Also, no more double eyed animals. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    nycmalenycmale Posts: 201
    nycmale said:
    Also, no more double eyed animals. 
    Lol, yes that too
  • Options
    People get way too stressed out about merch.  The longest I would be willing to wait on line is an hour.  Some shows I make it in early and get what I need with a minimal wait.  And other shows I prefer to hangout and enjoy the venue or city.  In those cases I’m cool with paying a premium on eBay.  Anything more than an hour is not worth my time. 

This discussion has been closed.