Some facts for the Obama haters

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    Smellyman said:
    Beer snobs and foodies are annoying af
    Particularly the ones who don't even know what they're talking about and are just wannabes. I.e. I work with a self-proclaimed foodie who literally refuses to eat vegetables of any kind and has never even heard of Yorkshire pudding and thinks pork belly tastes exactly the same as a strip of fried bacon, lol.
    When men say they don't eat vegetables I get the urge to fight them.  For real.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2018
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Smellyman said:
    Particularly the ones who don't even know what they're talking about and are just wannabes. I.e. I work with a self-proclaimed foodie who literally refuses to eat vegetables of any kind and has never even heard of Yorkshire pudding and thinks pork belly tastes exactly the same as a strip of fried bacon, lol.
    I get that! My colleague is a woman actually, which for some reason makes it even a little bit weirder, lol. And she is dead serious about it. I went for lunch with her, and she got a burger and literally just took the beef patty out of it and ate it with a knife and fork. She didn't touch the rest of the burger. I went to a buffet with her and she just filled her plate with the one all-meat dish, and then had dessert. She claims that all veggies taste bad to her (I suppose they must!). She's not even willing to try plant-based food that tastes nothing like veggies though. I tried to convince her to try this new meatless burger that I tried where you literally couldn't know it's not meat. She flat out refused to even try it. I have no clue how she's not suffering from any serious symptoms resulting from malnutrition. But in any case, I really have no reason to give a shit about this, but is really annoying.... Picky eaters are annoying in general.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Smellyman said:
    I get that! My colleague is a woman actually, which for some reason makes it even a little bit weirder, lol. And she is dead serious about it. I went for lunch with her, and she got a burger and literally just took the beef patty out of it and ate it with a knife and fork. She didn't touch the rest of the burger. I went to a buffet with her and she just filled her plate with the one all-meat dish, and then had dessert. She claims that all veggies taste bad to her (I suppose they must!). She's not even willing to try plant-based food that tastes nothing like veggies though. I tried to convince her to try this new meatless burger that I tried where you literally couldn't know it's not meat. She flat out refused to even try it. I have no clue how she's not suffering from any serious symptoms resulting from malnutrition. But in any case, this is really annoying for some reason.
    Is that the impossible burger with heme!? How was it!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    edited August 2018
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Smellyman said:
    I get that! My colleague is a woman actually, which for some reason makes it even a little bit weirder, lol. And she is dead serious about it. I went for lunch with her, and she got a burger and literally just took the beef patty out of it and ate it with a knife and fork. She didn't touch the rest of the burger. I went to a buffet with her and she just filled her plate with the one all-meat dish, and then had dessert. She claims that all veggies taste bad to her (I suppose they must!). She's not even willing to try plant-based food that tastes nothing like veggies though. I tried to convince her to try this new meatless burger that I tried where you literally couldn't know it's not meat. She flat out refused to even try it. I have no clue how she's not suffering from any serious symptoms resulting from malnutrition. But in any case, this is really annoying for some reason.
    No, it was the Beyond Meat burger at A&W (i don't know what heme is though... maybe this is that???), and it is DELICIOUS! I didn't believe that it could live up to the hype, but it totally does! Like, it's so good, it almost feels revolutionary, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Smellyman said:
    No, it was the Beyond Meat burger at A&W (i don't know what heme is though... maybe this is that???), and it is DELICIOUS! I didn't believe that it could live up to the hype, but it totally does! Like, it's so good, it almost feels revolutionary, lol.
    Heme is the compound that contains the iron in hemoglobin, which is in red blood cells. 

So, benjs, this burger with heme added - is it an animal source or vegetarian source??

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Smellyman said:
    Heme is the compound that contains the iron in hemoglobin, which is in red blood cells. 

So, benjs, this burger with heme added - is it an animal source or vegetarian source??

Oh! Then no, this definitely wasn't that.

I found this. Very informative comparison between the impossible burger and the beyond meat burger. :)

https://www.plantbasedtoronto.com/2017/10/24/beyond-burger-vs-impossible-burger-dr-pamela-fergusson-rd/

Apparently the impossible burger is also vegan, but not cruelty free! They tested on animals! The beyond meat burger is cruelty free. And looking at the rest of the "key facts", the beyond meat burger is far superior for several reasons.

Key facts

Beyond BurgerImpossible Burger
    What’s it made of?Mostly peasMostly wheat, coconut oil and potatoes
    How much protein?20g20g
    Vegan?YesYes
    Cruelty-free?YesNo
    GMO-free?YesNo
    Soy-free?YesNo
    Gluten-free?YesNo
    Available in Canada?Limited roll outNo

..... Obama. :tongue:

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Smellyman said:

Oh! Then no, this definitely wasn't that.

I found this. Very informative comparison between the impossible burger and the beyond meat burger. :)

https://www.plantbasedtoronto.com/2017/10/24/beyond-burger-vs-impossible-burger-dr-pamela-fergusson-rd/

Apparently the impossible burger is also vegan, but not cruelty free! They tested on animals! The beyond meat burger is cruelty free. And looking at the rest of the "key facts", the beyond meat burger is far superior for several reasons.

Key facts

Beyond BurgerImpossible Burger
    What’s it made of?Mostly peasMostly wheat, coconut oil and potatoes
    How much protein?20g20g
    Vegan?YesYes
    Cruelty-free?YesNo
    GMO-free?YesNo
    Soy-free?YesNo
    Gluten-free?YesNo
    Available in Canada?Limited roll outNo

..... Obama. :tongue:

I don’t care about it being soy free, or gluten free, or GMO free, but I do care that it’s available in Canada, because otherwise it’s kind of pointless for me. 

I wonder if Obama has tried either, and if so, which he prefers? 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Smellyman said:
    I hope I’m not considered a beer snob just because I don’t like Keystone, Coors, Bud, & Miller. (Though I do have a soft spot/guilty pleasure for Killians.) I prefer better tasting beer but I don’t rub it in people’s faces who do drink those. Sure, I’ll call it shit beer to their face but I won’t give them shit for drinking it. :lol:
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Smellyman said:
    My old roommate was like that. He didn’t just say it, he lived up to it. French fries were the closest thing to a vegetable he would ever eat. And never fresh cut, homemade fries, always fast food. Wouldn’t even get pickles, onions, or lettuce on sandwiches. Just meat, cheese, & bun. Never cooked at home. No fruits, no veggies... ever. His idea of salad was pepperoni slices, shredded cheese, hard boiled egg, & crouton. Only things he’d buy at the market were frozen meals & processed packaged foods. Never went to the doctor. Always claimed to have a perfect bill of health (despite never being told so by a medical professional) just because he rode a bike.

Not to sound like a prick but he’s been battling cancer for a while.

Now I’m certainly no health nut myself, but I’m doing better in recent years and I get my regular doc check-ups & don’t boast about having a clean bill either. 
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Smellyman said:
    I hope I’m not considered a beer snob just because I don’t like Keystone, Coors, Bud, & Miller. (Though I do have a soft spot/guilty pleasure for Killians.) I prefer better tasting beer but I don’t rub it in people’s faces who do drink those. Sure, I’ll call it shit beer to their face but I won’t give them shit for drinking it. :lol:
    Don't stress about this.  Ironically they think beer lovers are beer snobs and hipsters....all the while the new macho thing to do is to hate "Beer snobs" while slamming a busch light and putting their hands in their pants! ;)

hippiemom = goodness
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/so-how-are-obama-administration-alums-handling-the-trump-years_us_5b44ea86e4b07aea7544c4ea

As attorney general, Holder refused to prosecute Wall Street crime related to the 2008 financial crisis, even as banks agreed to pay billions upon billions of dollars in settlement after settlement with the federal government. Even in cases where major banking institutions pleaded guilty to felony charges, Holder and the DOJ declined to prosecute any actual bankers for crimes.

So it makes a perverse kind of sense that Holder is now a partner at the law firm of Covington and Burling, a D.C.-based outfit that specializes in work on behalf of the banking industry. In a remarkable interview with MSNBC’s Chris Hayes this April, Holder downplayed the significance of financial misconduct, suggesting that law enforcement age

Obama’s first Securities and Exchange Commission Chair Mary Schapiro has also found her way into Wall Street’s good graces. She now advises financial firms for the consulting firm Promontory Financial Group, and serves on the board of Morgan Stanley ― an investment banking behemoth that has settled 24 separate allegations of misconduct with the federal government since her departure from the SEC. This includes a multibillion-dollar case for defrauding investors with toxic securities during the financial crisis. Schapiro just started at Morgan Stanley and her compensation hasn’t been disclosed, but according to a recent SEC filing, the bank’s directors receive between $338,333 and $378,333 a year. The Morgan Stanley board met a total of 16 times last year.

Former Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, meanwhile, is now president of the private equity firm Warburg Pincus, which owns Mariner Finance, an installment lender that targets poor families with high-interest loans. A devastating Washington Post story published last week detailed the case of one Mariner customer who borrowed $2,000 from the firm, only to find himself owing over $3,200 in less than a year, even after making a few payments on the loan. Mariner initially got in touch with the man by mailing him a check for $1,200 “out of the blue,” labeled as loan with a 33 percent interest rate.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    rgambs said:
    "Good" beer is gross and people only pretend to like it because it's cool lol 

Hate me all you want, you all know it's true deep in your hearts.  You've conditioned yourself like Pavlov's dogs to accept it, and maybe even derive some joy from it, but if it didn't make you tipsy there is no legitimate claim to it having a palatable flavor.  "Bad" beer outsells "good" beer exponentially for a reason: it's not as gross.

You look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that a craft beer tastes good and gives you pleasure like an expertly crafted pizza, delicious steak, or a dessert like pie, cake, ice cream, etc...  If you can do that then, congratulations, you are a good liar lol
    blasphemy. beer is amazing. I don't drink it just when I want a buzz. I drink it because it's refreshing AF on a hot day, and delicious with pub food. I drink more hard stuff in the winter, but in summer, beer is go-to. 

Now, I used to drink all those popular beers. Now they all taste like water to me, except MGD for some reason. it's the only "big" beer I actually enjoy. Bud, Bud Light, Coors Light, Old Milwaukee, Molson (anything), Labatt (anything).....all disgusting swill. 

I'm not a craft beer snob whatsoever. Alot of it is utter crap. I have very specific tastes (don't confuse this with me saying I have a refined palette-i assure you I do not). Don't like hoppy. Don't like it bitter. don't like a lot of it. But a lot of it is also super enjoyable. 

your claim that "bad" beer outsells "good" beer exponentially becuase it's not as gross is like saying Britney outsells Pearl Jam because she's not as bad. All mass-produced products to well when they are dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. it does not meant it's better. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    JC29856 said:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/so-how-are-obama-administration-alums-handling-the-trump-years_us_5b44ea86e4b07aea7544c4ea

As attorney general, Holder refused to prosecute Wall Street crime related to the 2008 financial crisis, even as banks agreed to pay billions upon billions of dollars in settlement after settlement with the federal government. Even in cases where major banking institutions pleaded guilty to felony charges, Holder and the DOJ declined to prosecute any actual bankers for crimes.

So it makes a perverse kind of sense that Holder is now a partner at the law firm of Covington and Burling, a D.C.-based outfit that specializes in work on behalf of the banking industry. In a remarkable interview with MSNBC’s Chris Hayes this April, Holder downplayed the significance of financial misconduct, suggesting that law enforcement age

Obama’s first Securities and Exchange Commission Chair Mary Schapiro has also found her way into Wall Street’s good graces. She now advises financial firms for the consulting firm Promontory Financial Group, and serves on the board of Morgan Stanley ― an investment banking behemoth that has settled 24 separate allegations of misconduct with the federal government since her departure from the SEC. This includes a multibillion-dollar case for defrauding investors with toxic securities during the financial crisis. Schapiro just started at Morgan Stanley and her compensation hasn’t been disclosed, but according to a recent SEC filing, the bank’s directors receive between $338,333 and $378,333 a year. The Morgan Stanley board met a total of 16 times last year.

Former Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, meanwhile, is now president of the private equity firm Warburg Pincus, which owns Mariner Finance, an installment lender that targets poor families with high-interest loans. A devastating Washington Post story published last week detailed the case of one Mariner customer who borrowed $2,000 from the firm, only to find himself owing over $3,200 in less than a year, even after making a few payments on the loan. Mariner initially got in touch with the man by mailing him a check for $1,200 “out of the blue,” labeled as loan with a 33 percent interest rate.

Maybe you’d like to discuss the Russian oligarch who is also an aluminum magnet and close associate of putin on the ritz who just so happened to receive an exemption from Team Trump Treason’s aluminum tariffs? Why dredge up the past when you have the here and now Russia, russia, russia collusion and swamp draining to focus on?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:

Hate me all you want, you all know it's true deep in your hearts.  You've conditioned yourself like Pavlov's dogs to accept it, and maybe even derive some joy from it, but if it didn't make you tipsy there is no legitimate claim to it having a palatable flavor.  "Bad" beer outsells "good" beer exponentially for a reason: it's not as gross.

You look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that a craft beer tastes good and gives you pleasure like an expertly crafted pizza, delicious steak, or a dessert like pie, cake, ice cream, etc...  If you can do that then, congratulations, you are a good liar lol
    :lol: I admire you for saying this "out loud", most people don't have the balls. :lol:;)
    I don't drink beer much at all because for some reason more than one or two starts making me feel kind of sick (started happening during my mid-20s). But when I do drink it, all I want is a reasonably skunky beer that goes well with a lime wedge (but not Corona because I require a 5% minimum for my alcohol content, lol). I couldn't care less who makes it or how, nor that some people might think the lime wedge is some kind of beer faux pas. :tongue:
    I have a friend who is 47 and drinks a few cases a week.  Classic highly functioning alcoholic.
    He freely admits that beer is gross and he drinks light beer because it's less gross.  Now, obviously dude enjoys drinking beer...quite a bit actually lol
    But he doesn't pretend it's because it tastes good, and it's super refreshing to hear the truth out loud from someone who drinks that much beer.
    We were talking to a young man (23) and he was saying he doesn't drink beer because it's disgusting and Curt told him, "of course it is, bitter, burpy..nasty.  You tolerate it until you need it in your life and then you won't care anymore"
    I thought that was hilarious are true.
    I always say that if people truly drank booze for the taste, they'd all drink milkshakes instead. :lol:
    We drink booze for the buzz, period. If we also really enjoy the flavour, that's just a really nice bonus. I figure anyone who claims otherwise is in denial, lol!
    I often have one beer or one glass of wine, which, if you knew me, gets me nowhere even in the same cosmos of getting a buzz. I drink it if I like the taste. Period. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:

:lol: I admire you for saying this "out loud", most people don't have the balls. :lol:;)
    I don't drink beer much at all because for some reason more than one or two starts making me feel kind of sick (started happening during my mid-20s). But when I do drink it, all I want is a reasonably skunky beer that goes well with a lime wedge (but not Corona because I require a 5% minimum for my alcohol content, lol). I couldn't care less who makes it or how, nor that some people might think the lime wedge is some kind of beer faux pas. :tongue:
    why would his post take balls to say? it's nonsensical if anything. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:

why would his post take balls to say? it's nonsensical if anything. 
    Utterly ridiculous would be another way of putting it
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Thanks Obama!

U.S. Stocks Poised to Enter Longest-Ever Bull Market - The Wall Street Journal https://apple.news/A0XCuILVfQduCPHffHkgkqA
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    my2hands said:
    I certainly didn't like everything about Obama.  But he was a classy president and seems like  a good person.  That creep that was his VP is another story...keep your kids away.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa

What's your beef with Joe?
    He's a handsy, nosy, creep.
    If that’s how you describe Joe how do you describe the current human occupying the WH ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    The Rs have been eerily quiet the last 18 hours or so.

What...fox hasn't published their fake news taking points yet?

"A crime isn't a crime...
    Obama did this also"

Wait for it.
    The Rs have been eerily quiet the last 18 hours or so.

Obama did this also"

Wait for it.
    It’s pretty hard to spin a letter written by Team Trump Treason’s lawyers to Team Mueller that unequivocally stated that Team Trump Treason directed Cohen to make the payments to Stormy Daniels, having previously denied it aboard AF1 but also being on tape talking about it. “Only the best people folks, only the best people.”

Brilliantati©
  • blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    I really don’t care who he banged and paid before taking office.  It is interesting convo but that is about it.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • The Rs have been eerily quiet the last 18 hours or so.

Obama did this also"

Wait for it.
    What's exactly what Trump tweeted about Obama.. Haha.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited August 2018
    I really don’t care who he banged and paid before taking office.  It is interesting convo but that is about it.
    If that was the only issue, then neither would most other people, but what we have is someone who lies about it, covers it up and pays someone off in the interest of it not affecting the election because we do know that it should matter to the conservative Christian base of the Republican ticket. That is, until it doesn't fit the narrative and is better to ignore to win.
    Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Yeah nobody cares who he “banged.” If you think that’s the story, you’ve completely missed the point. 

And if you don’t care about the president committing a federal crime, well, you’re a lost cause. Congrats for not giving a shit if your president is a crook or not. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I didn’t care about Clinton and what he did....in office.  Who also lied, etc.  So why should I all the sudden care about something not in office?!
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    I didn’t care about Clinton and what he did....in office.  Who also lied, etc.  So why should I all the sudden care about something not in office?!
    Not the same thing, nice try.

dignin said:
    Not the same thing, nice try.

Right.  That is what I am saying.
  • I didn’t care about Clinton and what he did....in office.  Who also lied, etc.  So why should I all the sudden care about something not in office?!
    Maybe you should not focus on who he banged, but him covering it up in an illegal way?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"