what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    edited July 2018

My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by this horrific tragedy. I hope weather helps firefighters battle the forest fires in Athens, Crete Peloponnese and Thrace. :prayer:
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Pap said:

My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by this horrific tragedy. I hope weather helps firefighters battle the forest fires in Athens, Crete and Peloponnese. :prayer:

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    We have fires here too, it's uncanny. The fires are spreading both fast and vast. And there is no rain in sight, and the weather is hot, hot, hot.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
    bluegrace said:
    We have fires here too, it's uncanny. The fires are spreading both fast and vast. And there is no rain in sight, and the weather is hot, hot, hot.
    Hang in there. Positive vibes to you.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Pap said:
    bluegrace said:
    Thank you, and the same to you.

bluegrace said:
    Pap said:
    bluegrace said:
    Thank you, and the same to you.

Thanks.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    The fires in Greece.  Devastating!  The extreme temperatures and the corresponding fires, etc. across the northern hemisphere have been deadly this year.  Stay cool and stay safe to everyone affected.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    ^ Many thanks!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    the best greek musician ever
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxBO_yeHdmY
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

I thought John Stamos was the best Greek musician?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    ;). And here I thought Orpheus was the best Greek musician ever. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

never heard of him. he needs to get on some magazine covers.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    lolobugg said:

What's a magazine?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    2 weeks vacation!  yeah buddy
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    lolobugg said:

He had a good run. 
    edited July 2018
    I just found out some details about my Chinese zodiac. I'm year of the Dragon. Cool. And I'm specifically a Fire Dragon. Cool+.
    But what's not too cool is....
    The unlucky numbers for a Dragon are 3 and 8 or any combo (38, 83, etc) ..... 3 and 8 are and always have been my supposed lucky numbers, and I use them in some combo for so many things.
    The unlucky colours for a Dragon are blue and green.... My favourite colour is turquoise.
    The unlucky direction for a Dragon is northwest.... Well, I live in the southwest of Canada ... but where Americans call the northwest.
    The LUCKY directions for a Dragon are north, south, and east. I live on the west coast.
    I'm fucked!! :lol:

(found this info here, if you're curious: https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/chinese-zodiac )

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    I just found out some details about my Chinese zodiac. I'm year of the Dragon. Cool. And I'm specifically a Fire Dragon. Cool+.
    The unlucky numbers for a Dragon are 3 and 8 or any combo (38, 83, etc) ..... 3 and 8 are and always have been my supposed lucky numbers, and I use them in some combo for so many things.
    The unlucky colours for a Dragon are blue and green.... My favourite colour is turquoise.
    The unlucky direction for a Dragon is northwest.... Well, I live in the southwest of Canada ... but where Americans call the northwest.
    The LUCKY directions for a Dragon are north, south, and east. I live on the west coast.

(found this info here, if you're curious: https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/chinese-zodiac )

So, have 3 and 8 ever actually done anyrhing for you that made you think they were lucky? Have you won any lotteries? 
    Fuck you man..its 9 in the morning here..chills..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Do you know who is K.??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I love the fact that you know some things about Greek mythology! :peace:
    Summer heat, tired of it. We need rain, much more rain.
    PJ_Soul said:

So, have 3 and 8 ever actually done anyrhing for you that made you think they were lucky? Have you won any lotteries? 
      Lol... I would say I have had some decent luck in life, but I simply had other reasons to feel an "affinity" for the numbers. (I hope it was clear I wasn't being serious about the zodiac stuff, hahaha).
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Lol... I would say I have had some decent luck in life, but I simply had other reasons to feel an "affinity" for the numbers. (I hope it was clear I wasn't being serious about the zodiac stuff, hahaha).
    I’m thinking 3 and 8 had better pick up their game ;) 

bluegrace said:
    Come to Greece..its the summer of rain!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

bluegrace said:
    Ugh. Me too. When I was growing up we'd have a really hot day here and there, but now we're having extended heat waves every summer - worse and worse each year. Ongoing heat and sun is so oppressive. I think I understand why most really volatile regions in the world are also some of the hottest. Constant heat and sun makes populations more cranky!
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    PJ_Soul said:
    bluegrace said:
    Ugh. Me too. When I was growing up we'd have a really hot day here and there, but now we're having extended heat waves every summer - worse and worse each year. Ongoing heat and sun is so oppressive. I think I understand why most really volatile regions in the world are also some of the hottest. Constant heat and sun makes populations more cranky!
    This exactly!  I’ve always posited that theory too.  Thankfully it’s forecast to cool off over the next few days.  There’s even a possibility of rain!!!!  :)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    23scidoo said:
    bluegrace said:
    Come to Greece..its the summer of rain!!
    Same here!! Never seen so much rain.
    PJ_Soul said:
    bluegrace said:
    Exactly the same here. When I was growing up we had one or two hot days occasionally, but now we've had 24 days in July with a temperature over or about 30 degrees Celsius. And sunny. No rain. The heat and the sun is really making me tired, and not just me of course. Is it climate change? I think so.