What else are you doing in Seattle during the home shows?

CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
My wife and I are traveling from Detroit and are attending Night 1, and have booked some tours in the city for the other nights we are there. What is everybody else doing?

So far, we have booked Bill Speidel’s Underworld Tour that Tuesday 8pm; the show at the Can Can Thursday at 7pm; MoPop Pearl Jam exhibit Friday 5pm, and Nightly Spirits Haunted Pub Crawl 8:30 pm on Friday (no night 2 tickets.) of course we will be heading to Easy Street Records, Pike Place Market, the Troll and Heritage Distillery to pick in our preordered bourbon. I hope there we meet a lot of fellow 10 Club members throughout the trip. 

Comments

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    Volunteering at the Treehouse; running on the Burke-Gilman; visiting friends. (We lived in Seattle for several years back in the day, and still consider it home.) Maybe catch some jazz or go to the fish ladder and see if any salmon are running. Visit the University Village QFC and reminisce about walking laps around and around the store while in labor :-)

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Other than going to both Home shows, also doing Space Needle tour, and taking a boat cruise on Lake Union.  The rest of the week will be spent with PJ buddies I met on this board many years ago, have experienced many PJ experiences with since and can't wait to be with them again.  For us, it's become way more than PJ, it's life long friendships.  
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited July 2018
    The PJ Exhibit at the MoPop after the Friday Night Show,  The free SPF 30 concert at Alki Beach on Saturday, The Underworld Tour on Sunday and, of course, riding the S.L.U.T.! :grin:
  • jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    We're driving up from the bay area Thursday.  Things I have on my list....Friday morning MoPop, concert Friday night and everything else in no particular order.....
    -Kerry Park
    -Fremont Troll
    -A Soundgarden
    -The Black Sun
    -West Point Lighthouse
    -Easy Street Records
    -Coryell Court
    -5 Point Cafe
    This is a super quick trip for us and I'm really ambitious, hoping to squeeze it all in!  When you ordered your bourbon, did you message them to tell them when you were picking it up?  I wanted to order a bottle as well but wasn't sure they'd hold it for me til the 9th.  Have a great time!!!
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • CDEANSEATTLECDEANSEATTLE Seattle Posts: 33
    If you are here for the Pearl Jam shows and are on the fence about going to the SubPop SPF30 , definitely go to this.

Watch SPF20 on YouTube for and idea of who the headliner will be.
  • CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    edited July 2018
    For those wondering about picking up the bourbon, when you order and put in your info, there is an option to pick up at the distillery rather than ship. They say it will be available for pickup after the 7th. They never asked when I was picking it up, so I assume they will just have them available. I was going to call them closer to the trip to confirm the pickup. 

You guys have some great plans so far. I would love to see the Afghan Whigs at the Subpop SPF30 show but I’m not sure I will have time. I hope to add a few things to my itinerary.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Saturday: Queen Anne, Magnolia, Ballard, Fremont & dinner at Café Juanita
    Sunday: Woodinville Wine Country & dinner at The Herbfarm
    Monday: Mt. Rainier National Park & dinner at Poppy
    Tuesday: Fall City, Snoqualmie Falls, North Bend & dinner at Sitka & Spruce
    Wednesday; West Seattle, Alki Beach, SoDo District & late lunch at Elliot's Oyster House - PJ Home show #1
    Thursday: Pike Place Market, Seattle Center, Chihuly Garden and Glass & late lunch at McMenamins - MoPop Event
    Friday:  Jimmy Hendrix Memorial in Renton, Capitol Hill & late lunch at Taylor Shellfish Farms - PJ Home show #2
    Saturday: Columbia River Gorge & Travel to Coeur D'Alene, ID
    Sunday: Glacier National Park & Travel to Missoula, MT

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    ^^^Wow Dave, that is some impressive planning and an exceptional culinary experience! 
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • TerpnJamTerpnJam Posts: 37
    Hitting up the Pearl Jam Exhibit at MoPOP and Pike market before the show on Friday. Doing a day trip out to Mount Rainier Park on Saturday; and then going to the Sounders game on Sunday- can't wait- only a few weeks away! 
    Hear My Name, take a good look, this could be the day!
    mwplum said:
    ^^^Wow Dave, that is some impressive planning and an exceptional culinary experience! 
    Thanks buddy...
    I lived out in Seattle from '94 to 2000.
    I worked 4 - 10 hour days at KING 5 TV Monday - Thursday,
    and then worked part time on the kitchen staff at The Herbfarm on the weekends.
    Poppy and Sitka & Spruce are owned by the chefs I worked under when I worked there!!
    It's like a homecoming week for me!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    i am going to sit in the shade under a big tree in the park...i will be smoking again...
    after that who knows?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    We have been to Seattle lots and lots of times when we used to live in LA.  I sold for a company that had offices there and covered that territory for a while and did lots of sight seeing.
    This means we are going to relax and I am looking forward to seeing some board friends.

Wednesday - fly in, meet up with some board friends and hang out for some beers before Show #1
    Thursday - I opted to work - going to visit with a few clients and run some calls.  My wife is going to wander around, not sure yet where.  For dinner we will either hook up with board friends somewhere and go out and party....or we will wander off on our own and go out and party.
    Friday - considering merch but that is depending on how Wednesday went.  If reports are ugly I will just say 'ebay it' and will find something fun to do in/around Pike Place and pre-game throughout the day.  Meet up with board friends for pre-post show hang.
    Saturday - get out early, drive to MT where we have a cabin on a river @ a hot springs place. 
    Sunday - travel to Missoula, meet up with some friends, do some hiking or something cool with some local flavor and then party it up.
    Monday - day of show, meet up with same friends and pre/post party.
    Tuesday - day of reckoning, fly back to Philly.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Eating vegan/vegetarian food.
  • Windermere11Windermere11 Earth Posts: 132
    Wednesday - Drink, Smoke, PJ Concert...
    Thursday - Laundry, Smoke, Drink, Secret PJ Party =) ...
    Friday -  Drink, Smoke, PJ Concert...
    Saturday - Walk to Montana...

Thank you Mike!!!

1990 12/22
    1991 2/1,26; 3/1; 5/25; 8/23,29
    1992 1/3,17; 7/22; 9/20
    1993 9/5; 10/25; 12/7,8,9
    1995 6/24; 11/4
    1998 7/10,11,13,14
    2000 10/22,25,28,30
    2003 6/2,3,5,6; 10/28
    2006 7/6,7,9,10,12,13; 11/30; 12/2,9
    2009 9/30; 10/1,6,7,9
    2010 5/1
    2013 11/21,23,24
    2014 10/25
    2016 11/14
    2018 8/8,10
    2021 9/26; 10/1,2
    2022 5/3,6,7
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    We're taking the ferry over from Victoria to Port Angeles on the 7th.  Spend the afternoon checking out Port Angeles (maybe drive up to hurricane ridge).  Staying in Sequim.  Then we'll take the bainbridge island ferry over late morning/early afternoon on the 8th.  Try to check in the hotel early then get over to the GA line. 

The 9th we have Seahawks tickets.   We want to check out the mopop Marvel exhibit so we'll probably do that too (it's too bad the PJ exhibit doesn't work well with the schedule).   10th is PJ.  11th we have to get up early and go back home, because on the 12th I have to fly to Toronto for a week of training...
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    I arrive from the Uk on 7th, after checking into airbnb, I'm gonna get a tattoo, if I haven't left it too late,  then GA line in the eve... 8th I'll be in line. The 9th I'll take in as many sights as possible including,  before mopop screening event that eve. The 10th I hope to get on the water in the day, maybe ferry or some paddleboarding or we might do a short hike. Show that eve, Subpop festival on the Sat, home on the Sunday. There is alot to fit in!!! Might leave Easy Street until the Saturday morning. I'm gonna be broken but happy by the end of this. 
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    derbydave said:

Will you be hiking at Glacier?  If so, which hike?   I want to do the Grinnell Glacier Trail but my two concert buddies are not interested in such a long hard hike.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    derbydave said:

Will you be hiking at Glacier?  If so, which hike?   I want to do the Grinnell Glacier Trail but my two concert buddies are not interested in such a long hard hike.

Kind of on a tight schedule that day...
    It takes about 2 hours to get to the National Park from Seattle.
    We'll probably just take a leisurely drive up to Paradise,
    stopping at different sites along the way...
    and then head back to Seattle for dinner!!

• EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 684
    derbydave said:
    Wednesday; West Seattle, Alki Beach, SoDo District & late lunch at Elliot's Oyster House - PJ Home show #1
    Thursday: Pike Place Market, Seattle Center, Chihuly Garden and Glass & late lunch at McMenamins - MoPop Event
    Friday:  Jimmy Hendrix Memorial in Renton, Capitol Hill & late lunch at Taylor Shellfish Farms - PJ Home show #2

Impressive list of restaurants. You will be eating good! Poppy is ridiculous. 
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    All this time I thought I was seeing Shinyribs at Tractor Tavern on the 9th. Turns out I can't read and the show is on the 5th. I recommend them if anyone's looking for something to do on that night. I won't be in town yet, so I won't be there.
  • moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    Portland:
    waterfalls
    Mt Hood
    voodoo donuts

travel to Seattle:
    Mt Ranier

Seattle:
    Hendrix memorial 
    Hendrix statue
    pj exhibit
    needle
    glass 
    run 16 miles 
    discovery park
    starbucks roasters and original one
    pikes

Misoula:
    Glacier NP
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
    edited July 2018
    derbydave said:

Impressive list of restaurants. You will be eating good! Poppy is ridiculous. 
    Jerry is a GREAT chef & a nice guy too...
    He was the executive chef at The Herbfarm when I worked there!!
    Matt Marshall-Dillon from Sitka & Spruce was our sous chef.
    They've both won James Beard Awards for Best Chef Northwest.
    Post edited by derbydave on

• Hoping I can find someone that can help me get a poster for the Safeco shows.

I’ll be at the 10am Stalking Seattle Tour Wednesday 8/8, and my buddy can’t make it so I have one extra ticket.  Face $55.  

PM me.  Sounds like a pretty awesome tour.

• chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    derbydave said:

My wife and I are heading to Glacier after the seattle shows, before the Missoula show. We plan on doing the Grinnell Lake hike!
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • TeddyledbetterTeddyledbetter Seattle, WA Posts: 473

Tractor Tavern
    5213 Ballard Ave NW, Seattle, Washington 98107
    $ 10.00 / Age 21 And Up

Additional Info:
    Stereo Embers is a story about 4 guys experiencing a twenty five year overnight success story. Ten thousand hours of rock and roll applied. Look out, they may surprise you. These veterans are bringing it. Focused on well crafted songs and delivering them with big energy. Weaving guitars and a back line that locks in and hits hard. New classic rock and indie energy. Don’t miss openers Danny Newcomb & the Sugarmakers and Kim Virant. ee you in Ballard!
    Tickets:
    https://www.ticketweb.com/event/stereo-embers-w-danny-newcomb-tractor-tickets/8446525?REFERRAL_ID=twfb

(Hockeytalkter is Mike's label if you didn't know)
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    ^^That's pretty cool. But I already have a ticket for the screening at MoPOP. But like, do I really need to watch the show from the night before?!? :i_dunno:
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    Flying in from Tucson on Tuesday, land around 11:30am. Will probably stop at the stadium on our way into town via the light rail if they have merch tents set up so we can avoid the hassle of buying stuff on Wednesday. Then to check in to our hotel and maybe hit up the Space Needle or Pike Place before we head to dinner with some friends who just moved to Seattle in May. On Wednesday we have tix for the 9:00am tour of London Bridge Studio, then 10C MoPop passes at 11:15am. After that we might hit up Pike to check it out some more and grab some grub/water/snacks to hold us over when we get into the GA line. Then it's time to get our faces melted!
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • go prego pre Posts: 642
    Planning on hitting Ranier on the off day. Thinking about hiking to Camp Muir, but not sure if that is doable in one day, including at least four hours of drive time.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • hugepjfanhugepjfan Posts: 110
    CW55354 said:
    My wife and I are traveling from Detroit and are attending Night 1, and have booked some tours in the city for the other nights we are there. What is everybody else doing?

So far, we have booked Bill Speidel’s Underworld Tour that Tuesday 8pm; the show at the Can Can Thursday at 7pm; MoPop Pearl Jam exhibit Friday 5pm, and Nightly Spirits Haunted Pub Crawl 8:30 pm on Friday (no night 2 tickets.) of course we will be heading to Easy Street Records, Pike Place Market, the Troll and Heritage Distillery to pick in our preordered bourbon. I hope there we meet a lot of fellow 10 Club members throughout the trip. 
    Nice thread. I'm coming from Philly for night 2 and the weekend and have three things in mind, dispensaries, breweries and pacific ocean. 
    HugePJFan
    "...You try it, I give you the room, you try..."
  • hugepjfanhugepjfan Posts: 110
    Wednesday - Drink, Smoke, PJ Concert...
    Thursday - Laundry, Smoke, Drink, Secret PJ Party =) ...
    Friday -  Drink, Smoke, PJ Concert...
    Saturday - Walk to Montana...

How "secret"? I dig your style. 
    HugePJFan
    "...You try it, I give you the room, you try..."