Options

BOSTON 2018 ROLL CALL: Mobile tickets are in, where you sitting?

Comments

• Options
    ArnaldoCruzArnaldoCruz Québec City, Canada Posts: 21
    deek74 said:

I'm feeling lucky today :)

Boston 1

TURF A4 - Row 2 (Seats 17 and 18)

Congrats!
    Thanks !!! :)

12/02/2005 - Sao Paulo, Brazil
    12/03/2005 - Sao Paulo, Brazil
    11/04/2011 - Sao Paulo, Brazil
    03/31/2013 - Sao Paulo, Brazil
    10/12/2013 - Buffalo, United States Of America
    05/05/2016 - Québec City, Canada
    09/02/2018 - Boston, United States Of America

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,797
    282XXX

Night 1: TURF C8, row 12
    Night 1: TURF B4, row 20

To all the questions about whether your seats are any good, I live in Boston and have been to a dozen big Fenway shows, including the 2016 PJ shows.  Unless you're in one of the Turf A sections, they're ALL bad seats.  Fenway is not a good venue for concerts (frankly, it's not even that good for baseball).  These are stadium shows.  As someone here said, unless you're one of the lucky few, you're watching the video screens.  You go for the music, camaraderie and overall experience, like watching casual fan Bostonians pass out drunk and being carried out by security.  Good times.          
    Front of Turf B (but not very first row because of people walking by) is good too.  
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    282XXX

Night 1: TURF C8, row 12
    Night 1: TURF B4, row 20

To all the questions about whether your seats are any good, I live in Boston and have been to a dozen big Fenway shows, including the 2016 PJ shows.  Unless you're in one of the Turf A sections, they're ALL bad seats.  Fenway is not a good venue for concerts (frankly, it's not even that good for baseball).  These are stadium shows.  As someone here said, unless you're one of the lucky few, you're watching the video screens.  You go for the music, camaraderie and overall experience, like watching casual fan Bostonians pass out drunk and being carried out by security.  Good times.          
    I do agree with your overall point (just enjoy the music, camaraderie, and overall experience), but I do disagree that all the seats are terrible outside of the first 10-15 rows.  I sat up in the RF roof deck last year for the 1st night and loved it.  Had a great view of the ball park, the sound was perfect, and I could see the screens quite well.  2nd night, I was in B5 about halfway back.  Again, great sound and could see screens.  I could see the band when I really wanted to. Had as much fun as I've ever had at a PJ show. 

Not everyone needs to see the color of their eyes or what it says on their shirts in order to have a good seat or a good time.  I think out of 40,000 people, probably 38,000 are looking at screens, lol.  It's fine.  If you go into these shows hating on your seats or hating on the venue, more than likely you're not going to have a good time.  
  • Options
    Hugo ReyesHugo Reyes Posts: 241
    I hate Fenway as a venue but will have a fantastic time!
  • Options
    trent909trent909 Posts: 25
    Hopped Up said:
    208XXX

Night one:
    B2 row 15

Night two:
    B6 row 15.

Blah. Can we just get over the stadiums and do arena tours?
    I'm 195xxx and got B1 row 13 for Sunday night.  Kind of sucks that they went straight across rows the whole way to the end so I wound up way off to the side.  190xxx was in B5, row 13 above and then 208xxx was in B2 row 15 so I just got unlucky winding up in between those two #'s off to the side in B1.  It's my wife's first show (my 50th) and she's even shorter than me so it's going to be hard to see much except the screens for her.  Would rather be up in the seats to have a view above all the heads on the floor (turf).  But I'm sure it will be amazing just to be in the park. http://images.tickets.com/images/primarysales/gpl/rsrf_pearljam_smap.png

• Options
    trent909trent909 Posts: 25
    I'm right there with you!  I'm a 195XXX sa well and have B1, row 15.  Not loving being off to the side like that.  Especially seeing 200XXX+ in B3, B4 & B5.  Oh well.  It'll be a blast regardless!
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited July 2018
    Drdeal said:

1XXX

Night 2

Turf A3 Row 1   

So psyched for this show.

Thanks 10Club

Holy moly, with a fanclub # in the 1,000s, someone with oodles of money should have sponsored you by now and offered to pay your salary if you took off work for the entire tour and gave them your other seat at every show!

That's what I'd offer you if I actually had a couple spare $million and I hadn't already spent waaaaaay more than I should have on just 4 shows!

Who is the lucky person who gets to go to PJ shows with you?

If I ever win the lottery (and I do play), I'm so gonna look for this post and offer you the above!  Enjoy the show!!
  • Options
    540XXX -  Night 1 - G13 Row 10

First ever PJ show, hoping that black box in the infield doesn't poop on my parade.
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    B2 one show and B6 one show (forget which is which)
    10C number starts with 187...
    I'm just grateful the band is still doing what they do, 10C is doing what they do, and that I'm fortunate enough to be there...
  • Options
    metallidanmetallidan Vermont Posts: 9
    armyfan said:
    Lottery winner here! N2 a5 row2. Anyone in the boston area need a babysitter for the night. You get freedom for the eve, I increase my odds for a tambourine, winner winner!  =)
    Do those have any value? I caught one back in 2003 and it's just been sitting in a box. Was a fun story, but unless I met EV to sign it I suppose it will stay in a box forever lol.
    Albany, New York (April 29, 2003) - I caught this. https://youtu.be/-inwbztEYgY?t=1h57m24s
    Boston 2 (August 07, 2016)
    Boston 1 (September 02, 2018)
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    JH6056 said:
    Drdeal said:

1XXX

Night 2

Turf A3 Row 1   

So psyched for this show.

Thanks 10Club

Holy moly, with a fanclub # in the 1,000s, someone with oodles of money should have sponsored you by now and offered to pay your salary if you took off work for the entire tour and gave them your other seat at every show!

That's what I'd offer you if I actually had a couple spare $million and I hadn't already spent waaaaaay more than I should have on just 4 shows!

Who is the lucky person who gets to go to PJ shows with you?

If I ever win the lottery (and I do play), I'm so gonna look for this post and offer you the above!  Enjoy the show!!

I have attended a bunch of shows with an old friend. My wife has been to a few. I have gone with Forum members when I needed a co-pilot for long drives. I have met some great people through this forum.
    Reserved seats in the field are now a rarity at PJ shows; so Fenway is a dream come true for me. 
    Looking forward to another epic show!

• Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    184xxx
    night 1 B5 Row 12
    night 2 B3 row 12
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    Saltzy23 said:
    Grandstand seats with obstructed view of CF.

Was all set expecting first few rows of upper deck as a newer member. Long time fan never wanted to join a blind purchase club, and this is why.

Disgusting PJ ticket policies continue.
    People complaining are out of their minds.

The public sale was a complete nightmare.  For $20 a year you got seats that are going for 2X-3X that amount on the secondary market.

Cry me a river.  You are in.  

Smile.

Can't sell them on secondary market genius.

To say it's unethical to sell obstructed view seats without notice would be a massive understatement.

Even Ticketmaster has the courtesy to notify purchasers of this, as did tickets.com during the public Fenway on sale.

And what makes you believe I didn't get robbed as well on the public Fenway sale. I did. Thanks for reminding me, pal.

Worst band ever when it comes to fair ticket sales. By a country mile.

• Options
    MAMIASTMAMIAST Posts: 40
    http://mlb.mlb.com/bos/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp
    3D Link to views from your seats
    517xxx
    N1 Grandstand 9 
    N2 Field Box 58

• Options
    N2 Turf A5 Row 2 Lottery Winner
    454XXX
    Can't tell you how excited I am.
    Thank yo so much Ten Club!
    E Rutherford, 2006
    MSG I & II 2008
    EV United Palace 2008
    Newark 2010, MSG 1 2010
    EV Beacon 2011
    Wrigley 2013, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, SD, LA 1 & 2
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    Ed Sullivan Theater/Central Park 2015
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Fenway 1
    RRHOF 2017
    2018 Seattle I & @, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St. Paul 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    Pats16Pats16 Posts: 174
    Forgot who it was but whoever said if you’re not in the first 20 rows you’re watching the screen....is what I’m feeling. Huge hit in seats vs indoor shows so we shouldn’t have been too surprised after the last tour.   We now have almost two months to prepare knowing where are seats are and don’t have to worry about any of the T.M stuff. 

I am very grateful for the Tc and what they do, so i am by no means complaining. I’ve always been in favor of indoor shows mostly due to the Intimacy and energy. For me, having the lights go out after the into music...is the biggest rush. 

I cannot not wait to see them at Fenway and it appears that I will have some great 10c members next to me (B7). 

Finally, 6:30 start no opener....11:00 curfew...hmmmm...
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Was all set expecting first few rows of upper deck as a newer member. Long time fan never wanted to join a blind purchase club, and this is why.

The public sale was a complete nightmare.  For $20 a year you got seats that are going for 2X-3X that amount on the secondary market.

Smile.

To say it's unethical to sell obstructed view seats without notice would be a massive understatement.

Even Ticketmaster has the courtesy to notify purchasers of this, as did tickets.com during the public Fenway on sale.

And what makes you believe I didn't get robbed as well on the public Fenway sale. I did. Thanks for reminding me, pal.

Not saying that this is the case for you, but a lot of those warnings are standard for baseball games.  I don't know what your actual tickets are, but (hopefully) it might just be that.  I know they put warnings up for walk way traffic, pesky pole, and other things.  Hopefully it's all good.
  • Options
    seanwonseanwon Posts: 279
    530,XXX.  GS8, 14th row.  More or less where I was for 2016. Maybe a little further back.  Can't wait!
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    Hmmmm
    265xxx
    Night 1 B7, row 17   

2016 was B5 row 3

Was hoping it would get better, not worse...   

1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    412xxx
    sec 94 and 93 for both nights.  

Psyched to be there but I agree with missing some arena shows
    For every tool they lend us, a loss of independence
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Smile.

Thank you for this. My N1 tickets are halfway obstructing everything... if I was in a better spot financially, I'd have probably purchased other seating so that I can actually see. From what I've heard from everyone else, usually they take care of you(so at least you can see?), so for someone using the lottery for the first time, this is a little disappointing.
    4/13/16 - Jacksonville, FL
    9/2/18 - Boston, MA
    9/4/18 - Boston, MA
  • Options
    Hmmmm
    265xxx
    Night 1 B7, row 17   

2016 was B5 row 3

I don't think there was any way possible that would happen.  It's the only show on the eastern half of the US.  Last time, there were shows in NY and Philly, and even up in Toronto.  Now, you're going against a ton more 10C members for tix.

And BTW, for 2016, B5 row 3 with that number is really, really good.   I have a lower number and my seats were 10 rows behind yours, lol.  
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,923
    Night 1: Section B99, Row CC.  Girlfriend's first PJ concert, and I think it's a decent spot.

Night 2: PM me if you've got two or three for sale!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    Saltzy23 said:

Smile.

Thank you for this. My N1 tickets are halfway obstructing everything... if I was in a better spot financially, I'd have probably purchased other seating so that I can actually see. From what I've heard from everyone else, usually they take care of you(so at least you can see?), so for someone using the lottery for the first time, this is a little disappointing.

How difficult would it have been for PJ to put the obstructed view seats in a separate bucket like they do with GA & reserved?

They knew the precise obstructed view locations back on the public sale. Put those in their own category that way purchasers have a fair opportunity to know whether their view is obstructed

...are my field box seats still in my tickets.com cart? Oh yeah, forgot about that fiasco.

In decades going to concerts and games, can not recall a single time a seller did not identify obstructed view at time of purchase

Combine this with their seniority policy for every show every tour, sucks that their horrific ticket policies is what I'll always remember them for.

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Saltzy23 said:

Smile.

How difficult would it have been for PJ to put the obstructed view seats in a separate bucket like they do with GA & reserved?

They knew the precise obstructed view locations back on the public sale. Put those in their own category that way purchasers have a fair opportunity to know whether their view is obstructed

...are my field box seats still in my tickets.com cart? Oh yeah, forgot about that fiasco.

In decades going to concerts and games, can not recall a single time a seller did not identify obstructed view at time of purchase

Combine this with their seniority policy for every show every tour, sucks that their horrific ticket policies is what I'll always remember them for.

that sucks, man.....

but let's not start talking shit about the Seniority Policy. some of us earned that shit.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Looking for 1 ticket for both shows...
  • Options
    PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 665
    80,xxx
    Night 1 Turf A5 Row 6
    Night 2 Turf A4 Row 7

Two rows further back than in 2016

4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    A4 row 1 baby!!!!
    OMG! You'll be staring up Ed's nostrils. Congrats!!!!
  • Options
    jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    406,xxx
    Night #1 Sec B94 Row FF Seat 13 & 14
    Night #2 Sec B93 Row GG Seat  17 & 18
    I was a little upset at first that I didn't get field seats for either show, but being 10-12 rows up is probably better.

• Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    Hmmmm
    265xxx
    Night 1 B7, row 17   

2016 was B5 row 3

You'll be in the row behind me for night 1.  B7 row 16 for me....yuck!

219xxx