*** Padova, Italy Fanviews Here 6/24/18 ***

2»

Comments

• chittychitty Posts: 574
    I meant to add that the benefit of being a TC member pays off every time. So grateful. We showed up two minutes before PJ started due to a huge line up outside the stadium and with TC wristband got into the golden circle. Even though we were at the back of it we still had an amazing view and room to dance 
  • gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
    Sitting at the Venice airport waiting for flight to London then back to Denver.

first, I planned to go to two shows as my wife is not an enthusiastic fan, but wants me to be happy and indulge my obsession. Unfortunately, London Night 2 was to be the first show. 

A bummer but what can you do. And I’ll start with this show blew away my expectations, and I thought at the show that this has to be one of the best of the tour, and I’m glad to read in the previous responses some who were at multiple shows felt the same.

Biggest Highlights: opening with pendulum - this, for me, is their best song in the last 10 years or so; inside job, so beautiful; black - I think the best version I’ve ever heard in the 17 times or so hearing it live, and the way the crowd rung it out was amazing.

The entire band and the crowd were energized, having fun, and full of life. And I was glad to hear they will be coming back to finish the album. 

Thank you so much Pearl Jam, and Italy for a beautiful night! 
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • DiniazDiniaz Posts: 5
    Definitely one of the best PJ shows I've attended. Band in amazing shape, Ed above all expectations after the illness of the previous days, very present audience, great setlist with great classics and less usual songs. This year I could only attend this concert: I feel very lucky!
  • URthekey said:
    I drove the car to a bus, took the bus to a train, rode the train to a plane, flew 8 hrs to Italy, drive 3 more to Padova, wait 5 hrs in the hot sun, no sleep and for what? THIS SHOW! Some people do not understand but this amazing band makes every second of the journey worth it with the energy they give back to me. The set list was so varied and they played many of my favorite songs. The crowd was friendly and inviting even though I can not speak their language. I’m in love with Italy! After the show you would think I could sleep but NO I am so pumped from all that powerful music that I am buzzing without drugs, without alcohol. Thank you 1000 times PJ for bringing me to this beautiful country and for always giving it back to us 100x what we can wish for. 
    This is perfect!!!!  Couldn’t agree more!!! So happy you’re having this experience and I get to live vicariously through this beautifully written post. I feel the excitement you’re feeling as if I were there. Beyond grateful  for Pearl Jam and their fans.  From one of those who gets it!
    "Let the ocean dissolve away my past"
    Boston 4/94; Phoenix 9/95; Hartford 9/98; Mansfield 8/00; Albany 4/03; Mansfield 7/03; Albany 5/06; Boston 5/06; London UK 6/07; Bonaroo 6/08; Hartford 6/08; Mansfield 6/08; Chicago 8/09; Philly 10/30/09 and 10/31/09
    EV: 2008: 4/15, 4/16, 8/1, 8/2, 8/9, 8/10. 2009: 6/8, 6/9
  • gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
    If anyone got an extra poster and wants to sell or trade, please PM. If you want to trade I’ll send a list to you (FYI I don’t have anything from the current tour). Thank you!
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 782
    I'm guessing Milan would be the first haha. They were actually selling Milan posters in the Padova merch tents at the end of the gig.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    JT167846 said:
    I'm guessing Milan would be the first haha. They were actually selling Milan posters in the Padova merch tents at the end of the gig.
    And Rome.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • BellaBella Posts: 120
    Padova in my top 10.
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
    Padova Rome Prague Kraków Berlin '18
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    I was at this show as well.  The show itself was fantastic.  I do want to note just in case any of the PJ management reads these postings that the venue entry process was very bad and caused many people to miss the start of the show.  There weren't enough entrances for the number of people and the security checkpoints were a horrible bottleneck (and didn't really seem to be very secure at that).  It took well over 90 minutes to enter the stadium.  On top of that there was no way in the stadium to know where your seat was as they only had row and seat numbers, no sections, and no signage, and useless ushers.  In my case I only missed part of the first song but this was not a well organized venue.  Again, the band was great, but I think the management should know what the experience was like for fans.  In contrast, I arrived at London 1 at the O2 90 minutes before the show and was in my seat within 5 minutes.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • BellaBella Posts: 120
    Sorry to hear that. We had early entry tickets so we’re unaware of those problems. 
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
    Padova Rome Prague Kraków Berlin '18
  • jimfishjimfish Detroit Posts: 51
    I will say that it got a bit rough up front - especially during RVM.   Surprised Eddie didn’t try to slow it a bit.   A wife of a good friend of mine couldn’t take it and bailed over the rail and we had to meet her after.   

What an an exhausting day, had GA’s and arrived at 11 AM (was number 271 on the much debated sign up list - and we were told you must use the list).  That version of Black - 11 minutes!    Inside Job- amazing!   On to Seattle and Chicago.  
  • AlezAlez Posts: 3

It's been an unforgettable night... 
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"