The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Im not sure what looks better...the beer or the background! Definitely digging the hazy IPAs 
    +1 to that!

:bring_it:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    bbiggs said:
    This is the new one I got from New Glarus. Real good, light easy drinker. I’d recommend grabbing a sixer for anyone in WI or that makes it up that way.

That’s been around for a while, actually.  I think they just retired it for a while.

Also, I'll chime in on the Bell's Two Hearted talk.  I generally can't stand IPAs.  I can probably count on one hand how many of which I've actually enjoyed drinking a full pint.

Bell's Two Hearted Ale, however, is one of my top 5 beers.  Probably even top 3.  Greatness doesn't mean it has to be obscure.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Also, I'll chime in on the Bell's Two Hearted talk.  I generally can't stand IPAs.  I can probably count on one hand how many of which I've actually enjoyed drinking a full pint.

Bell's Two Hearted Ale, however, is one of my top 5 beers.  Probably even top 3.  Greatness doesn't mean it has to be obscure.
    Yup. I salute you, sir.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
     ///Fear. Movie. Lions.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    Cracking open an enjoy by 7-4-18 and I saw a sticker on the box stating this beer was accidentally filtered.
    did some more research and it looks like about ten states received cases of un-unfiltered beer.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Enjoying this one from Hubbard's Cave tonight.  Canned 2 days ago!  They release a new "fresh by" IPA just about every week.  Good stuff.

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Looks real good!  Where is Hubbard’s Cave out of?  Side note...I’m going to Hailstorm Brewery in Tinley Park this weekend. I’ve geard great things so im excited to try it. 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Looks real good!  Where is Hubbard’s Cave out of?  Side note...I’m going to Hailstorm Brewery in Tinley Park this weekend. I’ve geard great things so im excited to try it. 
    Hubbard's Cave is in Niles.  Only about 10 mins from my house so nice and close.  They recently just started canning their beer so starting to distribute a little bit.  I've had a few beers from Hailstorm...some pretty good stuff.
    Had these 2 last night.  Both very good...

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    I was at Rockaway Brewing yesterday at the Rockaway location, not the LIC one.  Had their Pale Ale.  Quite tasty and the taco stand is fantastic!

@SVRDhand13 Joe do you ever go out that way?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Side note I've been waiting for my damn local to get some finback in to mail out but they haven't...  So sorry with the delays on the beer guys!
    Got a 6er of Sierra Nevada - Hazy Little Thing IS

I rate it quite highly! That was some good stuff.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Go yanks 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Go yanks 

Are you going to bash your nuts between cans?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    mcgruff10 said:
    Go yanks 

Are you going to bash your nuts between cans?
    I’m watching the yanks. That kinda stuff is for bands like u2
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    edited July 2018
    I was at Rockaway Brewing yesterday at the Rockaway location, not the LIC one.  Had their Pale Ale.  Quite tasty and the taco stand is fantastic!

@SVRDhand13 Joe do you ever go out that way?
    Hey Chris I’ve been to the LIC one but not the rockaway location. One day!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    #FHP
    12 hour midnight shifts this week and last. No beer on the 4th is going to be odd. Kind of a unique couple of weeks for me there. Something about working12 hours and having a drink after at 7:30 a.m. I can't get myself to do quite yet.

edited July 2018
    enjoying
    a couple of these on this hot day, like it better than their IPA's
    Post edited by Malroth on
    Malroth said:
    enjoying
    a couple of these on this hot day, like it better than their IPA's

That's a great summer beer.  The new sour one from Revolution Freedom of Speach is really good too.  I'm not usually a big fan of sours, but that one is very good.  Check it out.
    I guess had five of these last night.  One of my favorites. 
    ^ Lol. Anytime you say to yourself, “looks like I must have had 5 of these last night,” you know it was a good night! 
    edited July 2018
    $3 drafts of New Belgium at Mountain Maryland Trail Fest downtown yesterday. 12oz pours but still can’t beat that. I had one cup of Hemperor and my burps smelled like weed the rest of the night, lol. It’s a strong odor for a beer, it smelled like everyone had weed in their pockets. I’m sure a few did, but wow. 
    They also had Fat Tire (naturally), Voodoo Ranger IPA, & Tartastic Strawberry Lemon. 

A friend of mine organized the whole thing thru the bike shop he used to work at. Appararently the owner gets to host 3 events per year but never does anything, so my buddy took it upon himself to throw something.

It was pretty cool, had some bike vendors there, Trek was doing e-bike rides, Bell helmets were there, some local businesses had tents, food trucks, live music (not the greatest but don’t have much local talent), guided group rides, etc. Not bad for a guy organizing his first big event downtown.
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Lol. Anytime you say to yourself, “looks like I must have had 5 of these last night,” you know it was a good night! 
    Yeah I had a little headache this morning for sure but I feel I now need to drink the last one since it is so lonely. 
    Kind of gimmicky, but cool as a collectors item.  Too bad they’re in Seattle only.

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    I've had a bit of a falling out with Bissell Brothers over the past year or so. But I still quite enjoy this blonde ale on a nice day, or even at sunset.  
    bbiggs said:
    Kind of gimmicky, but cool as a collectors item.  Too bad they’re in Seattle only.

have you ever had their beer?

Camping and cross

mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

have you ever had their beer?
    I haven’t. Wonder if it’s any good. Any west coasters out there that have had it?