Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Its a good way to get suckered into another quarter (because they don't refund). I got all the bad packages because I signed up for the Vault Day 1 and then packages were announced after that day a quarter later. 

I'm guessing this new vault will be a Jack White solo package. Maybe a live album from his TMR album launch shows. 

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Did anyone else receive a charge for a Vault subscription yesterday? They usually don’t charge before a title/package announcement is made.
    They charge on whatever your sign up date is, regardless of if the vault has been announced or not. So if yours is on the 1st of whatever month you signed up, then that is the date you will be charged for the next vault.  But if you signed up on a different day of the month, then you need to contact TMR.
    It's important to have a renewal date after the announcement so you have plenty of time to cancel if you don't want the next Margo Price box.  
    Gah!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Did anyone else receive a charge for a Vault subscription yesterday? They usually don’t charge before a title/package announcement is made.
    They charge on whatever your sign up date is, regardless of if the vault has been announced or not. So if yours is on the 1st of whatever month you signed up, then that is the date you will be charged for the next vault.  But if you signed up on a different day of the month, then you need to contact TMR.
    It's important to have a renewal date after the announcement so you have plenty of time to cancel if you don't want the next Margo Price box.  
    Exactly why I have my renewal date set for the back end of the month.
    I guess I'll just hope that the next vault is the 2005 Coney Island shows! And I'll remember to cancel before the next one and renew at the back end of the month.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I'm guessing this new vault will be a Jack White solo package. Maybe a live album from his TMR album launch shows. 
    Ding..ding..ding. Winner.

https://thirdmanstore.com/thevault/home/show/introducing-vault-package-37-jack-white-live-in-nashville-live-in-detroit

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    And now I'll sign back up in a couple weeks
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    Anybody get in on the Test press roulette?
    I was online when Ben Blackwell announced them on the Vault Chat, but balked at the price. Sold out fast so they may do another round.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    kasedoug said:
    I was online when Ben Blackwell announced them on the Vault Chat, but balked at the price. Sold out fast so they may do another round.
    Vault chat?  What is this sorcery you speak of?
    kasedoug said:
    Vault chat?  What is this sorcery you speak of?
    https://thirdmanstore.com/thevault/chat/

The Vault also has a twitter account (@TMRVault), and they'll tweet an announcement when Jack White or any TMR staff jump in the chat room.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    I dig the flag idea.  My son already has a PJ and DMB flag in his room, so this will be a nice addition.  He just saw his first Jack show last month.  
  • kasedoug said:
    Ding..ding..ding. Winner.

https://thirdmanstore.com/thevault/home/show/introducing-vault-package-37-jack-white-live-in-nashville-live-in-detroit

This is a great package but selfishly I’m mad it’s not the Brooklyn show. 
    Could rival the exquisite Roo package. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Could rival the exquisite Roo package. 
    The Roo package will always be my favorite, but I'm highly biased since I can see myself in the crowd shot on the back of the box. 
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
     Might be in for this one.

Visited the Detroit store over the weekend. Neat place.  The pressing operation wasn't running, but it was cool to be able to take a peek through the window at everything.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Setlist is nice with minimal new album tracks. May subscribe. 

Gonna wait a week so it doesn't renew on me right away next quarter.

Neat. I'll still be trading or selling mine.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    Am I missing the setlist somewhere?
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Nice sale going on at Third Man. 20% entire store, including turntables, Beats third man headphones, etc. code: ickytrump 
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    Wow.  Nice.  They are terrible communicators.  Wonder why they don't email it out.
    mrussel1 said:
    Wow.  Nice.  They are terrible communicators.  Wonder why they don't email it out.
    I did receive a email. Maybe check spam folder? 

Yeah, pretty rare they include the high end items in their sales. Happy hunting 
    PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    jervin007 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I didn't get an email about the new Vault either (not in junk folder). Now that I look I realize I got a Twitter update notification that happened to include the TMR Vault tweet, which obviously isn't adequate - I usually delete any Twitter-related email without opening it.
    I'm thinking maybe they only send the email to those currently subscribed, i.e. those who got Vault 36... If so, that's really dumb. The email shoulr be going to everyone who's subscribed ever, no? I can't remember if I've received the emails while not subscribed in the past or not. But I'm glad this thread exists, because I wouldn't have known about the #37 announcement otherwise.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    jervin007 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I didn't get an email about the new Vault either (not in junk folder). Now that I look I realize I got a Twitter update notification that happened to include the TMR Vault tweet, which obviously isn't adequate - I usually delete any Twitter-related email without opening it.
    I'm thinking maybe they only send the email to those currently subscribed, i.e. those who got Vault 36... If so, that's really dumb. The email shoulr be going to everyone who's subscribed ever, no? I can't remember if I've received the emails while not subscribed in the past or not. But I'm glad this thread exists, because I wouldn't have known about the #37 announcement otherwise.
    Definitely agree! 
    PJ:

Yeah I rely on you guys for info about the vault. 
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Missed the announcement over the weekend. Looks like a nice set.  Found this funny "the interplay between the sleeve and the jacket will provide fans with hours upon hours of flip-flopping fun."
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I relistened to the Vault of Jack from Bonnaroo last night. I think I'll have to reup for this release.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    mrussel1 said:
    kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Does anyone know about the baseball bat company in which Jack White and Ian Kinsler (Anaheim Angels) are involved?
    Only that they have recently been approved for MLB use.  My guess is they will catch on pretty quickly considering the name is "War Stick", and kids are not brand loyal, they will go with the hot name.  Kids jumped all over DeMarini when they entered the baseball market.  I always thought of them as softball, but I'm an old timer.  Just give me an Easton Black Magic.  
    They got a good plug last night during the Angels broadcast...the announcer mentioned the involvement of Jack White.  Ian Kinsler used to play for the Tigers, so I see the Detroit connection.
    Definitely makes sense.  I haven't seen anyone using one yet.  They need to be sold at Dicks or something like that in order to really hit it.  The bat market is competitive.  Will be interesting where they price themselves for LL.  The last Louisville Slugger I bought for my son was about $200.  Crazy.  And I think it was a year past the model.  
    They have a few pros besides Kinsler using the bats. Justin Upton, his teammate in Detroit and now Anaheim, uses Warstic. Nick Castellanos, another Tiger, does as well.  Looks like they're starting to branch out beyond Detroit as Matt Kemp of the Dodgers has started swinging Warstic.
    That's good.  I hope the investment works out.  Jack definitely has some non-traditional investments!
    Good read to follow up on the Warstic discussion. Looks like having a smaller roster of MLB players to start out is intentional, so that they can focus on the quality.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/mlb/la-sp-mlb-shaikin-20180728-story.html

• perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,955
    Last day to order Vault #37. 
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money, but the sample clip in today's TMR reminder email convinced me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata