KRAKÓW - travel tips and other info

Comments

• Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    -Buru- said:
    PJNB said:
    -Buru- said:
    I have a good feeling about this show, I think it is going to be special.

Does anyone have any recommendations for bars/restaurants? Cool things to eat?  I see others have mentioned visiting the salt mines and Auschwitz, in addition to that, any recommendations?
    I have Quebec 2016 vibes coming from this show with the way the venue and city look. Let Stone do the set!

Here is my schedule that I have put together with times not being accurate just copied and pasted. Not sure about bars and restaurants yet.

I'll save this for future reading, thanks!
    You can also add Oskar Schindler Museum to the list 
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • mike86mike86 Posts: 161
    And dont forget to eat a lot of humus 
    Follow the Strangest Tribe
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    And drink a lot of good coffee, especially in this place www.jewishfestival.pl/pl/cheder/ 
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    mike86 said:
    And dont forget to eat a lot of humus 

This reason alone makes me think I need more time in Krakow. Currently I have zero time as am planning to be in line all day...!!
  • mike86mike86 Posts: 161
    Well.. if we manage to meet before we can organise some delivery :D we just have to make sure we order enough so there is some left when we get to the venue 
    Follow the Strangest Tribe
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    I HAVE BOOKED HOSTEL NOW!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,357
    Any recommendations on where is a decent location to stay?
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Just received this from cd.cz which I am hoping is the official rail? According to this we will only be able to book the train 1 month in advance? I couldn’t find the 10.24 on the eshop, but it seemed to be on the timetable? If anyone knows more, please let me know
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited April 2018
    Just received this from cd.cz which I am hoping is the official rail? According to this we will only be able to book the train 1 month in advance? I couldn’t find the 10.24 on the eshop, but it seemed to be on the timetable? If anyone knows more, please let me know
    @IZI               Also check out this thread. http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/6696265#Comment_6696265
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    The overnight train tickets from Prague to Krakow on July 2nd just went up online....

https://www.cd.cz/spojeni-a-jizdenka/apiform?f=Praha%20hl.n.&t=Krakow&time=10:00&lang=en

Get em while they’re hot!
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,357
    Auschwitz advice please...

I've got two entry passes for the morning, and they were free to order. I've confused myself now... what do the entry passes give me? Just entry into the place? 
    I fear I've made an error, because we need transport from our hotel so I'm guessing I needed to book guided tour?
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Hey, I'm looking to go to Auschwitz early on July 3rd, but it appears it's best to take a bus.  Can a local pleaes help?

Would you book the lajkonik train ticket in advance or just buy at the station?  
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    edited May 2018
    Also, I believe the bus stop is 'Oświęcim Stanisławy Leszczyńskiej'.  Any idea how long afterward I should book the tour; taking into account, waling to the museum, and possible bus delay?

Edit: never-mind..already booked.  I believe the stop is right next to the museum.
    Post edited by Red Lukin on
  • davidosdavidos Posts: 466
    Can anyone recommend a tour company to use for travel and guided tour for Salt Mines and Auschwitz? Will do Salt Mines July 3rd and Auschwitz July 4th...
    Thx!
    So the tauron arena homepage is pretty bad, can't find info on how to get there. Anyone has info? Getting there from.. the centre of town I guess
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    this will be the one
    danny d
    edited June 2018
    Tram 10 and 52?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    https://jakdojade.pl/krakow/trasa/

Use that or download the app to your phone with the same name. Google maps does not have Krakow transit uploaded so it just shows walking paths instead. The tram takes you close to Tauron Arena. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,711
    @radar he knows
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,130
    PJNB said:
    https://jakdojade.pl/krakow/trasa/

Use that or download the app to your phone with the same name. Google maps does not have Krakow transit uploaded so it just shows walking paths instead. The tram takes you close to Tauron Arena. 

Thanks for that was worried there was no transport as google didn't have it
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I swear as each year goes by riot act is getting better and better. It is now my no.1 favourite album. Ive found that songs matt is involved with  im diggin more and more. 
    same here....great album that they do not play enough of live
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • radarradar Posts: 767
    Hi. Will try to write some more tomorrow. There are plenty options. Tram is best choice
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    radar said:
    Hi. Will try to write some more tomorrow. There are plenty options. Tram is best choice
    Does Tram run 24 hours a day?

Hi everybody,

Have you seen EV in London mentioning the Given To Live action in the UK?
    If not, you will have the second chance in a few days in Krakow.
    If yes – then let’s do it once again. Together....
    Do not miss it this time
    We are so happy to have Given To Live supporting one of our Polish PJ friends and taking her to PJ concert in Krakow. Cala Naprzod this time!
    Knowing costs of PJ touring I know it is not the best moment to ask anyone for supporting charity actions financially, but you could do something faster and for free.
    Just check Given to Live and Cala Naprzód pages, like it, share it and simply support it.

https://www.facebook.com/giventolive/
    https://www.facebook.com/calanaprzodmpd/

Please do not lose yourself in searching for best beer pubs in Krakow, researching how to get to the venue, which tram to use etc.
    I will be more than happy to help you with this – just pm. I’m local
    At the same time spread the word about Given To Live and Cala Naprzod, share it, like it or simply smile if you see anyone in Krakow dressed with Given To Live or Cala Naprzod t-shirts.
    Thanks
    Marcin

some travel tips.

many ask how to get to the venue from the city center. if we consider "main market" in the Old Town as the heart of the city center please note that there are no trams crossing the main market. it's closed for transport.

however, many tram lines run literally around the main market, while you will find a tram stop within around 200-300 metres if you leave the main market in any direction.

of course one of the biggest tram stops is between the main market and the central station (close to Galeria Krakowska shopping mall)

there are two tram stops close to the venue:

1. the south one is Tauron Arena Krakow Wieczysta with trams 4, 44 and 52 running from the Central Station (Dworzec Glowny) tram stop. It's 15-20 min tram ride. 

2. the north stop would be Tauron Arena Krakow Al. Pokoju with lines 14 and 22 going from the city centre

please note that trams run until approx. 11-11.30 pm so you would not have a lot of time after the show to walk around the venue etc. you better move with your friends to the city center and have some afterparty right there.

marcin

radar said:

some travel tips.

many ask how to get to the venue from the city center. if we consider "main market" in the Old Town as the heart of the city center please note that there are no trams crossing the main market. it's closed for transport.

however, many tram lines run literally around the main market, while you will find a tram stop within around 200-300 metres if you leave the main market in any direction.

of course one of the biggest tram stops is between the main market and the central station (close to Galeria Krakowska shopping mall)

there are two tram stops close to the venue:

1. the south one is Tauron Arena Krakow Wieczysta with trams 4, 44 and 52 running from the Central Station (Dworzec Glowny) tram stop. It's 15-20 min tram ride. 

2. the north stop would be Tauron Arena Krakow Al. Pokoju with lines 14 and 22 going from the city centre

please note that trams run until approx. 11-11.30 pm so you would not have a lot of time after the show to walk around the venue etc. you better move with your friends to the city center and have some afterparty right there.

marcin

what happens if You miss the last tram? No problems getting a taxi I guess? Can You walk?
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,711
    Yea  how much is a taxi?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    There are night buses too. Also it is a 45 minute walk back to old town. Would be a fun walk singing some tunes!
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Which stop is better for night buses, the north or south?
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18