*** I-Days Festival Fanviews Here 6/22/18 ***

2»

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    meme said:
    So did everything/everyone turn out ok with situation in the back?
    Most likely, since the newspapers do not mention anything. Of course, they also said "a mixture of old and new songs"  :smirk:

what was "the situation in the back" all about?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    mcgruff10 said:
    meme said:
    Most likely, since the newspapers do not mention anything. Of course, they also said "a mixture of old and new songs"  :smirk:

No clue. Ed saw some sirens in the back during I Got Shit and stopped to check, and then when the song was over, but it seems nothing was amiss. Other than the usual assholes pushing through and forward. Common in Italy. In Amsterdam no one moved from their spot. Sigh.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Love it!!!
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Smellyman said:
    Was there.  He didn't have full throat, but overall sounded good.  I Got Id and Immortality was a highlight for me.   Mike was also on fire with his playing.

Downside that festival wasn't run well and getting in and out of there was a nightmare.
    Thanks for the insight.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    meme said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    meme said:

No clue. Ed saw some sirens in the back during I Got Shit and stopped to check, and then when the song was over, but it seems nothing was amiss. Other than the usual assholes pushing through and forward. Common in Italy. In Amsterdam no one moved from their spot. Sigh.
    Milan 2006 is the worst crowd I've been in. And I even jumped over the railing in Berlin 2009 when it got too pushy in the beginning.

Thank god Verona that year did not have GA.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,355
    meme said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    meme said:

Milan 2006 is the worst crowd I've been in. And I even jumped over the railing in Berlin 2009 when it got too pushy in the beginning.

I was at the Milan 2006 show, and it was pretty bad or the first few songs but it definitely calmed down as the show went on.

Paris 2006 was the worst crowd I've ever been part of.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    meme said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    meme said:

Ditto. I was about second row in Milan 2006, and after two songs I thought: "alright, I am a mom, I can't afford to die like this" and I elbowed my way back to safety. Assholes.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 779
    Had a great time. Was the best place for a situation like this to happen-a festival in Italy. We all react to gigs different and there's no right or wrong way but the energy from the locals I reckon helped pump the band up which was huge as different more chilled crowds could have let it fall flat possibly. Was never gonna be the greatest PJ gig ever but I had a great time and they put in a great effort. Having a lieutenant like Mike McCready shredding like no other is a hell of a weapon to have when your singer can't fire on all cylinders.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 230
    What song were they playing in the intro to Yellow Ledbetter?
    https://youtu.be/jgzxWVGhRpU
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    What song were they playing in the intro to Yellow Ledbetter?
    https://youtu.be/jgzxWVGhRpU
    listed as improv?  Whatever it is its cool.  Also Mike's tone is amazing in that clip!
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Sounded like some Hendrix song, but can't put a name on it. Or then it is something else completely.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • PearlJammerAUPearlJammerAU Melbourne, Australia Posts: 28
    Flying out from Melbourne, Australia, for PJ Europe 2018!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mrk2 said:
    Sounded like some Hendrix song, but can't put a name on it. Or then it is something else completely.
    Just sounds like he s playing Around in the same key as yellow (which is an E I believe).
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Anibody that was at the concert has a video during "keep on rocking in a free world" during the final, when Eddie comes down stairs (looking the stage on the left side) to give me his tamburine? my email is: formentinedoardo@gmail.com
    thanks!!!