*** London, UK Fanviews Here 6/18/18 ***

Comments

• ricjoricjo Posts: 15
    Tonight's concert (night 2) has just been cancelled  :(

TONIGHT’S LONDON SHOW POSTPONED RESCHEDULED DATE TBD
    Pearl Jam are very sorry to announce that they will be unable to perform tonight’s show at the O2 Arena in London. The band is working on rescheduling the concert date for mid-July.

Singer Eddie Vedder has completely lost his voice. He is on vocal rest for the next few days in an effort to heal and perform the remainder of the tour dates.

It’s the first time ever having to postpone a show for this reason. Ed and the band are gutted thinking of all the folks who have travelled and made plans.

Sending their biggest apologies out to everyone. And huge gratitude for all the continued support.

Tickets for tonight’s show will be valid and transferable to the rescheduled concert date. Expect more information soon. Please contact your point of purchase for all other public ticket enquiries. Ten Club ticket holders will be contacted directly in the coming days.

Pearl Jam’s European tour is expected to resume Friday, June 22nd in Milan.

• KP276492KP276492 Birmingham, England Posts: 11
    ricjo said:
    Tonight's concert (night 2) has just been cancelled  :(

TONIGHT’S LONDON SHOW POSTPONED RESCHEDULED DATE TBD
    Pearl Jam are very sorry to announce that they will be unable to perform tonight’s show at the O2 Arena in London. The band is working on rescheduling the concert date for mid-July.

Singer Eddie Vedder has completely lost his voice. He is on vocal rest for the next few days in an effort to heal and perform the remainder of the tour dates.

It’s the first time ever having to postpone a show for this reason. Ed and the band are gutted thinking of all the folks who have travelled and made plans.

Sending their biggest apologies out to everyone. And huge gratitude for all the continued support.

Tickets for tonight’s show will be valid and transferable to the rescheduled concert date. Expect more information soon. Please contact your point of purchase for all other public ticket enquiries. Ten Club ticket holders will be contacted directly in the coming days.

Pearl Jam’s European tour is expected to resume Friday, June 22nd in Milan.

Not surprised. Well done Eddie for making it through last night but let's hope it does not affect the remainder of the tour. Keep on rocking in the free world...
    Manchester Evening News Arena, Aug 17, 2009
    Hard Rock Calling, London, June 25, 2010
    First Direct Arena, Leeds, July 8, 2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes, England, July 11, 2014
    O2 Arena, London, England June 18, 2018.
  • Trump could sing for us...
    Black Red Yellow...

Get well soon Eddie, thanks for the great show last night!

Dublin 00, Dublin 06, Madrid 07, Nijmegen 07, Rotterdam 09, Berlin 09, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, East Troy PJ20 11 (1 & 2), Amsterdam 12 (1 & 2), L.A. 13 (1 & 2), Amsterdam 14 (1 & 2), Milan 14, Vienna 14, Berlin 14, Stockholm 14, Oslo 14, Boston 16 (1 & 2), London 18 (1 & 2).
  • js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    so the question now has to be,  would people have preferred Ed taken it easy last night if it had meant tonight went ahead?
  • mcq13371mcq13371 Posts: 1
    After listening to them for the best part of 20 years this was my first ever PJ concert and boy was it worth the wait. Despite the obvious struggle Eddie was having with his voice you’d be hard pushed to complain about the effort that he put in to just get through the show - and he didn’t sound bad in any way, just a bit more raw than usual. it was an amazing performance with a stellar set list and a crowd that was prepared to sing every word of every sing if that what was needed. 
  • Clarkie1971Clarkie1971 Belfast Posts: 17
    Just home after last nights show. Was just wondering about the set up for merchandise.  There a big queue for this and when I went inside there was a smaller stand selling only two t shirts so they didn’t have the one I wanted. After the show still a big queue but I found two other stalls further outside that didn’t have a queue. Wanted the comet logo tour t shirt but they had no extra large.  My question is will size allocation be increased for rest of tour? Will see them again next month in Madrid if Ed will still be well to preform. Are the band likely to be selling shirts at festivals?

London 2009
    Belfast 2010
    Manchester 2012
    Amsterdam 2014
    Milton Keynes 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    London 2018
    Madrid 2018
  • DanBse4DanBse4 Posts: 30
    Thanks for transcribing - we missed a bunch of what Ed was saying between songs due to a bunch of drunk lads making a slam pit and shouting over him while he spoke... then one threw up. Nice!
  • ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,084

Some people should not be allowed near alcohol!
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • It's been a crazy few days so only just had the opportunity to post. I almost didn't make the show as my daughter was taken to hospital on Saturday and was pretty poorly, luckily, as kids do, she bounced back almost as quickly as she went downhill. We were discharged on Monday morning and I had no intention of going to the show but my wonderful wife told me that I should go and sing my heart out and be thankful we have these chances. 

As she wasn't coming, it was the first show I've been to on my own and it was fairly lonely having the seat next to me empty but Pearl Jam fans are a friendly bunch. Was ecstatic when Of The Girl opened, never thought I'd see it. As soon as Low Light started I wanted to go home. It's the song that always settles my daughter and I sing it to her when she has a cold or is generally under the weather, without fail she relaxes. The rest of the night I spent wondering what was going on at home and although I sang my heart out, I was slightly detached.

Awesome setlist and Mike was at his finest, I did wonder if the Tuesday would happen with Ed's voice but I'd decided not to stay, I needed to be home and so left first thing in the morning. Then the official announcement the show was cancelled came as no real surprise but for me, it's a huge slice of luck. I get another show next month and I got to be with my little girl, who is doing amazingly! I met so many people who had travelled far and wide for these shows so my heart goes out to you, hopefully, things will work out for you later down the line.

Stand out moments:

Intro to Love Boat Captain
    Mike's Porch solo
    Of The Girl
    Low Light
    You Are
  • SW88810SW88810 Manchester, England Posts: 37
    Going to probably be a lone voice of dissent here but having been to 20+ PJ shows around the world this was the first time that I felt the band looked and sounded old and tired. I get that Vedder had issues wirh his voice but there just didn't seem to be a spark like there usally is. I wonder if they are just getting to the point where the energy and conviction in the songs is getting to be a bit too much given their respective ages. Great setlist and You Are was a highlight but not a great gig, just a good one for me.
    I came away feeling like this and then after the cancellation on tuesday I managed to get up to Manchester and see the foo fighters with my wife...and realised a below par PJ still beats everyone else

And the more I digest -  what they must have been going through in the build up and during to the show just shows how amazing the guys are... adapting a set list... making on stage changes and still giving everything plus the amazing fans who sang every word this actually was a very special show
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    How were the 10C reserved seats? If people could post their 10C number and seat location, I'm sure some of us would appreciate the info. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • mutobartmutobart Posts: 32
    This was my 4th show. I must say I noticed Eddie's voice troubles at times at the begining, but on the contrary to some other comments here, I had a feeling he actually got better towards the end. I guess only a feeling knowing he had to cancel the next night's gig. Possibly I am deaf too :-)
    Having said that, I also liked the songs I haven't heard live before (as mentioned above), though I wouldn't call the setlist as my favourite nor the show as the best I've seen. 
    What I particularly appreciated was the simple yet amazing stage set up with the light balls and the spot lights setting. Incredible. That one was the best I've seen. Guitar solos in songs from Mike or the whole guitar lot were incredible. 

1 comment/ question to the 10 club tickets:
    in all the previous shows I've been, the 10c tickets allow me to stand in front under the podium in the space which was separated from the rest of the audience, included early entry. This time, there was an early entry, yes, but 10c members from ballot were mixed with the regular ticket holder. How is that possible? Or why there are differences? 

Question 2:
    Anyone have any rather reliable info over the attendance numbers? O2 capacity is 20k, however, with podium and floor audience the capacity is surely different. I was standing on the floor, close to podium but the pictures after the show from the top tiers were incredible. I am wondering how many people attended
    2006 Prague 2012 Prague 2014 Vienna
  • GandolfGandolf Sweden Posts: 10
    Finally back in Sweden after a great show at O2 Arena. Here's a playlist with my recorded videos from there. Enjoy!

-92, Stockholm -12, Stockholm -14 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Milton Keynes National Bowl -18 London 1
  • EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,827
    Another amazing show - so glad I got to hear Parting Ways. And Brain of J, Of the Girl, Footsteps and Love Boat Captain. Quality 2.5hrs.  Even enjoyed the Spinal Tap-esque entrance to the floor. :D
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Crowd was tight and rowdy around us near Mikes side but the energy level from band and crowd alike was electrifying. Setlist flow, especially in the main set was a highlight for me. Notably Ed’s rant on Trump that echoed through LBC into CDM....

Deep
    Severed Hand
    LBC
    Can’t Deny Me
    DTE
    Down

Plus beautiful plays on You Are, Parting Ways, and Footsteps. Ed’s vocals were low and rich in You Are. Matt’s kick drum had a cool almost reverb effect that added depth in Footsteps. As if the volume was down but the boom of the kick came through.

2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    KJ169825 said:

A plea to the Ten Club community for the O2 Night 2.

Please show respect for the people around you in GA standing, this is aimed specifically to the person standing near us who behaved like an idiot at the O2 Night 1.

Maybe you should not stand in a crowd and happily state that you are going to push your way to the front when Pearl Jam take to the stage and if you grope would men while getting there then it’s ok because ‘it happens’ and should be ‘expected’.

Also, could you not threaten to punch the women next to you if they let you know they are fed up with trying to stop your elbows hitting them.

Even better - maybe not drink so much before a concert if drink makes you so aggressive around other people (women seemingly being your preferred target) and also makes you throw up before Pearl Jam even take to the stage?

Your actions meant that myself, my friends and others around us struggled to enjoy the concert, wondering when you would carry out your ingenious masterplan and head further to the front or that you would kick-off with those around you instead. 

The O2 security were not really interested in your actions. They did eventually (indirectly) threaten to remove you and have your ten club membership cancelled which seemed to calm you down for a while but the damage was done by that point. 

We are old enough to have been to many concerts - getting squished is a sacrifice worth making sometimes especially for Pearl Jam! But a line is crossed when threats are made and aggression is uncontrolled. It’s dangerous.

Don’t be a dick. Be respectful and show some love and support for your fellow fans, we are all there for the same reason, to enjoy ourselves. 

Behaving the way you did resulted in people feeling on edge and in a vulnerable situation.

Hopefully there will be more love in the crowd for Night 2.

99% of fans who we have met from around the world over the years at shows have been amazing and we all look out for each other. Let’s try not let people like this ruin it for the rest of us. 

So, if you do see any behaviour that you don’t feel comfortable with please report to the security.

Much love to everyone else. Thanks for being amazing fans and friends.

Stay safe and let’s look after each other.

Rule #1. Don't be an asshole. 

I am so very sorry that you had to deal with this.  I admit that PJ is certainly not the only concert I have encountered this problem.  It seems to be a norm, which is sad.  Too many examples of asshole-ian behavior to share here.  

Here's to hoping the rescheduled concert is a more pleasant time for you and your friends.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • UFFYUFFY Posts: 63
    KJ169825 said:

A plea to the Ten Club community for the O2 Night 2.

Please show respect for the people around you in GA standing, this is aimed specifically to the person standing near us who behaved like an idiot at the O2 Night 1.

Maybe you should not stand in a crowd and happily state that you are going to push your way to the front when Pearl Jam take to the stage and if you grope would men while getting there then it’s ok because ‘it happens’ and should be ‘expected’.

Also, could you not threaten to punch the women next to you if they let you know they are fed up with trying to stop your elbows hitting them.

Even better - maybe not drink so much before a concert if drink makes you so aggressive around other people (women seemingly being your preferred target) and also makes you throw up before Pearl Jam even take to the stage?

Your actions meant that myself, my friends and others around us struggled to enjoy the concert, wondering when you would carry out your ingenious masterplan and head further to the front or that you would kick-off with those around you instead. 

The O2 security were not really interested in your actions. They did eventually (indirectly) threaten to remove you and have your ten club membership cancelled which seemed to calm you down for a while but the damage was done by that point. 

We are old enough to have been to many concerts - getting squished is a sacrifice worth making sometimes especially for Pearl Jam! But a line is crossed when threats are made and aggression is uncontrolled. It’s dangerous.

Don’t be a dick. Be respectful and show some love and support for your fellow fans, we are all there for the same reason, to enjoy ourselves. 

Behaving the way you did resulted in people feeling on edge and in a vulnerable situation.

Hopefully there will be more love in the crowd for Night 2.

99% of fans who we have met from around the world over the years at shows have been amazing and we all look out for each other. Let’s try not let people like this ruin it for the rest of us. 

So, if you do see any behaviour that you don’t feel comfortable with please report to the security.

Much love to everyone else. Thanks for being amazing fans and friends.

Stay safe and let’s look after each other.

• UFFYUFFY Posts: 63
    I had exactly the same experience in Amsterdam but was specifically targeted and shoved very aggressively by a Ten Club member. It was so bad that a guy doing security for a fan in a wheelchair had to step in and stoo him from assaulting me. Very frightening. I took his photograph to send to ten club but doubt if anything will come of it. 
    We're all there to simply enjoy a band we love. Why some people feel they have a better entitlement to this than others is beyond me. The experience meant I stayed well back in London as I was afraid of the same thing happening again. 
    Will be looking to swao my standing tickets for stayed for the rescheduled show purely for reason. 
  • I’m saddened to hear one person can cause so much mayhem, especially against women. I’m also saddened that no one wanted to take it upon themselves to have a discussion with this hero and make him see the error in his ways. I’m not advocating violence but bully’s normally melt when confronted. 
  • SunshinejarSunshinejar Wales Posts: 53
    UFFY said:
    I had exactly the same experience in Amsterdam but was specifically targeted and shoved very aggressively by a Ten Club member. It was so bad that a guy doing security for a fan in a wheelchair had to step in and stoo him from assaulting me. Very frightening. I took his photograph to send to ten club but doubt if anything will come of it. 
    We're all there to simply enjoy a band we love. Why some people feel they have a better entitlement to this than others is beyond me. The experience meant I stayed well back in London as I was afraid of the same thing happening again. 
    Will be looking to swao my standing tickets for stayed for the rescheduled show purely for reason. 
    So awful!!! Worst thing is I bet this ‘man’ would never do it to another man, or someone they thought could take them on.
  • wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    UFFY said:

I am very sorry you had to experience this! That is awful. A normal guy doesn’t act this way towards women. I am very sure this kind of behavior is considered awful by all Pearl Jam members and 10C. We’ve all seen the videos where Eddie stops in the middle of a song just to kick out a violent person in the crowd. This is unacceptable what this guy did. Any person who cannot handle alcohol or who is aggressive shouldn’t be there. You don’t hit, shove or push a woman, EVER. You men have no idea how terrifying it can be for a woman as you are all taller and stronger. 

Please, let’s all be kind to each other. Report everything to security and to 10C. Pearl Jam stands with women and I am sure all of them would be disgusted to hear about this abusive guy.
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    There was a very uncomfortable situation, 7 rows back mikes side between a man and woman who seemed to be a couple. I hope she's ok. If you read this, you are worth more than you have.xx 
  • GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    Any idea about those of us who flew over from the US and can't make it back for any re-scheduled date? 
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    Gandolf said:
    Finally back in Sweden after a great show at O2 Arena. Here's a playlist with my recorded videos from there. Enjoy!
    Thank you so much for this! You have no idea how much this means to me. I had travelled from South Africa for the two O2 shows only. My 10c tickets were for night 2 but my seated for night 1 off the AXS presale was in block 102 which was not bad at all. I was devastated to get to the arena on Tuesday to find that the show was not going ahead. There is no way I can come back for a rescheduled date or attend any other show on this tour. I rarely record much on my phone but for some reason captured about 3 or 4 songs on Monday night. Listening to Black the other night on my headphones actually brought tears to my eyes. I missed the second show but the first night at the O2 will always be special for me because of the huge disappointment of the s cond show not going ahead, understandably of course. 

I also got LBC, a song I have been dying to see live. There were other gems in there too like Off he Goes.  

Thank you for sharing these videos. I will watch them and treasure the memory of Monday’s show which was my 16th. 

I leave the UK and go back home in 2 days time. I hope Eddie gets stronger and better as the days go by and that those attending the European dates get to see them in their full strength-even at half strength they kick ass! 

And i I hope I get to see them again in the near future. 

None my of my friends and family understand. They say ‘well at least you got to see them...’

Only PJ fans understand. 

Thanks again for posting these clips. 

rustedsigns
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,989
    just got back home from the gig last night....well technically i was on vacation...but still i have been thinking about the show from the time it finished and just want to add my two cents.

i thought it was a great show.  was at the back of GA and had a bunch of room to move and rock out.
    Band sounded tight as usual
    McMelty was on fire. Stone too...no wonder since Jimmy Page was in the audience.  The Zeppelin riffs were far out!
    Got to hear Parting Ways again live and got to hear Footsteps for the very first time.
    LBC is always great! Off He Goes! Wishlist!  Another great version of Black with a new tag I couldn't recall.
    The crowd singing was some of the best I can recall.
    Loved the O2, but not the way in to the floors.
    The only merch stand that I found did not have anything except for apparel.  I am on the hunt for a poster/pin/sticker.
    Loved meeting all sorts of fans from far and wide.
    Crushed by the cancellation of night two, but made the most of it by seeing a different part of London than I had planned for.
    Got to hear the boot of this one pronto!

It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Alex-555Alex-555 Posts: 11
    Anybody got a spare ticket for the rescheduled show in London? I wouldn‘t mind
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Any audience recordings of this show knocking around anywhere out there...?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • hi guys! I know most of the people don't like people asking about this, but do you guys know where they usually stay in London? I would really like to give them a present. I thought of Four Seasons, but there's 2 in London hahaha, Thank you very much, see you on Tuesday!!
  • happy_larryhappy_larry Posts: 221
    Anyone know what time they’re likely to come on stage?
    Leeds 06
    Wembley 07
    Shepherds Bush
    Manchester
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    Anyone know what time they’re likely to come on stage?
    The very first post from Sea says they came on at 8:26 for night 1.