America's Gun Violence

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    So sketchy dudes in the woods, and bears?

Also, brother, I'm far from a spelling nazi... but you really don't know its retarded?

Also, one last thing brother, I'm not exactly a social justice warrior or the PC police... but using the word retarded the way that you are is pretty fucked up and not very cool nowadays. I'm a little shocked that as a parent and educator you use it so openly in that way. Might want to think twice about it, it can be pretty offensive.

Now, sketchy dudes in the woods, and bears? Sounds like Betsy DeVos on the Appalaichan Trail lol
    Yeah McGruff, like it or not (I'm find with it), no matter what the context, it just isn't acceptable to use that word anymore. I know it can be hard to not use it - I think we're about the same age, and I know that we both used the word pretty much ubiquitously back in the 80s and 90s; it took a while for me to break the habit too (and the word still comes up in my brain - I've just learned not to say it out loud) ... Sorry, it just doesn't fly anymore. Just like how saying something is "gay" to say it's dumb is no longer okay. It makes no difference if you're thinking about actual gay people when you use the word like that. Like my2hands, I'm pretty surprised you don't seem to know this by now.
    I will do my best to not use that word!  It is literally said every day around me but I will refrain from using it.  Allie I turned 40 this past November and graduated in '96.
    My bad guys.  
    Good on you.
    Fuck, I graduated in '94 - I hate being older than anyone, lol. ;)
    Take comfort in the fact that you are not older than everyone ;) 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    Gotta hand it to Scruffy: when he's called out for being in the wrong... he's man enough to accept it without persisting and being defensive. And whoever made the comment regarding his teaching and vernacular... allow the guy to take his teaching hat off while he's frequenting a rock band's website. That seemed like a veiled shot when the point was already made.

With all being said... I'm guilty of using the term on the odd occasion within my tight circle of friends (mostly describing myself in poorer moments). It's not a great term and when it slips out... I typically and immediately regret my choice of words. 
    It was me and it wasnt veiled at all. I was helping him out, no educated person, no parent, or any adult for that matter,  should use it in that way in 2018. But an educator in 2018 should NEVER be using the word that way, its inappropriate, and could get him into some professional trouble. I work with adolescents just like Mike, and every professional I know would cringe, or worse, if another professional used the word the way he did multiple times. I thought this was now widely known and accepted?

He's a big boy, he can handle it.
    I am definitely a big boy but remember I am a pj fan on these forums, not an educator. In 17 years of teaching I have never cursed or said that word in front of students. 
    Totally. Hell, I'm supposed to be an editor and all skilled at writing, but I barely ever remember to even proofread my posts here - that's why almost every post of mine is edited after the fact, lol - I don't notice even the glaring errors until after I rashly hit "post", if then. I don't check myself when I'm rattling off posts here anywhere near as much or carefully as I would writing in any other context. Here it's closer to typing a stream of consciousness than it is being very deliberate about writing my posts.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    edited June 2018
    I think its re-tarted two worry about some thing like grammer.  They're our sew many more problems then that too get worked up about. 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    that just hurt my brain to read lol
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

Also, brother, I'm far from a spelling nazi... but you really don't know its retarded?

Also, one last thing brother, I'm not exactly a social justice warrior or the PC police... but using the word retarded the way that you are is pretty fucked up and not very cool nowadays. I'm a little shocked that as a parent and educator you use it so openly in that way. Might want to think twice about it, it can be pretty offensive.

Now, sketchy dudes in the woods, and bears? Sounds like Betsy DeVos on the Appalaichan Trail lol
    Yeah McGruff, like it or not (I'm find with it), no matter what the context, it just isn't acceptable to use that word anymore. I know it can be hard to not use it - I think we're about the same age, and I know that we both used the word pretty much ubiquitously back in the 80s and 90s; it took a while for me to break the habit too (and the word still comes up in my brain - I've just learned not to say it out loud) ... Sorry, it just doesn't fly anymore. Just like how saying something is "gay" to say it's dumb is no longer okay. It makes no difference if you're thinking about actual gay people when you use the word like that. Like my2hands, I'm pretty surprised you don't seem to know this by now.
    I will do my best to not use that word!  It is literally said every day around me but I will refrain from using it.  Allie I turned 40 this past November and graduated in '96.
    My bad guys.  
    Good on you.
    92 for me, poptard. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    13-Year-Old Killed in Front of Mom in Road Rage Shooting After Man Allegedly Follows Them to Dentist - People https://apple.news/Ax3BndWdlQMi3XAH-WsYH7w
    Fucking disgusting price of shit he should just end up doing life with no parole or death...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

My bad guys.  
    Good on you.
    92 for me, poptard. 
    I wish , 78 for me lol 
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

My bad guys.  
    Good on you.
    92 for me, poptard. 
    I wish , 78 for me lol 
    Really eh Jose - I didn't know you were that mature. :lol:;) Pretty cool you got to experience high school in the 70s - a much cooler time to be there IMO!

HFD, I'm loving this new insult word, hahahaha.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

My bad guys.  
    Good on you.
    92 for me, poptard. 
    I wish , 78 for me lol 
    I was 4. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

My bad guys.  
    Good on you.
    92 for me, poptard. 
    I wish , 78 for me lol 
    I was 4. LOL
    I was about -10 months....
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

My bad guys.  
    Good on you.
    92 for me, poptard. 
    I wish , 78 for me lol 
    I was 4. LOL
    You were just a fresh little tart!
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

My bad guys.  
    Good on you.
    92 for me, poptard. 
    I wish , 78 for me lol 
    I was 4. LOL
      Technically he was a pretart!
    Ok i get it i'm old lol but with alot of experience ...
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

My bad guys.  
    Good on you.
    92 for me, poptard. 
    I wish , 78 for me lol 
    I was 4. LOL
    spunktart?
    prostart?
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Damn bro, are you collecting social security? 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    It seems wrong but this thread right now :lol:
    It's a hopeless situation...

PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

My bad guys.  
    Good on you.
    92 for me, poptard. 
    I wish , 78 for me lol 
    I was 4. LOL
    I am glad you are all getting a laugh on my behalf. I love/hate all of you. ;)

mcgruff10 said:
    not yet lol 57 will be 58 in SEPT but you know what my age got me that low 10C member number for those precious front row tickets while you were jammin to Wham or backstreet boys lol ..
  • PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

My bad guys.  
    Good on you.
    92 for me, poptard. 
    Little whipper snipper.

85. Prime time 80s.

50 but I seriously feel 20. My age shows when I get cranky in some discussions.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

My bad guys.  
    Good on you.
    92 for me, poptard. 
    I wish , 78 for me lol 
    I was 4. LOL
    I am glad you are all getting a laugh on my behalf. I love/hate all of you. ;)

Lol
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mcgruff10 said:
    not yet lol 57 will be 58 in SEPT but you know what my age got me that low 10C member number for those precious front row tickets while you were jammin to Wham or backstreet boys lol ..
    Wham was my jam........ before Pearl Jam. What’s wrong with Wham!?

’94
    hippiemom = goodness
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hey I joined in ‘96!  My number always got me in the first ten rows. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    How does a convicted felon amass 500 firearms? Every seller should do 5 years of time. Nah, there’s no “gun” problem in ‘murica. Every single one of those sellers were “responsible” gun owners until they weren’t, I’m sure.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/19/us/500-guns-california-convicted-felon/index.html
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    How does a convicted felon amass 500 firearms? Every seller should do 5 years of time. Nah, there’s no “gun” problem in ‘murica. Every single one of those sellers were “responsible” gun owners until they weren’t, I’m sure.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/19/us/500-guns-california-convicted-felon/index.html
    But but it’s the immigrants infestation that’s the problem ! 

there are a lot of sketchy dudes (liberals!) and bears in California! ;)

What were his previous convictions?  In CA, it is illegal to have 90% of what he had, probably the most strict regulations on gun ownership and background checks in the country.  I’m thinking there is a lot of irresponsibility and illegal going on with everyone this shithead associates with.  Wonder if any of those firearms were linked to the Fast and Furious “strategy”?

Evidently it is a 60 year old Hispanic felon that is the problem in this particular case.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    PJPOWER said:

What were his previous convictions?  In CA, it is illegal to have 90% of what he had, probably the most strict regulations on gun ownership and background checks in the country.  I’m thinking there is a lot of irresponsibility and illegal going on with everyone this shithead associates with.  Wonder if any of those firearms were linked to the Fast and Furious “strategy”?
    Fast and furious began under Bush and was inherited by the Obama Administration but thanks for pointing out yet another failed repube strategy rather than go after the root cause, manufacturers and gun sellers who don’t conduct background checks or sell to known straw purchasers. Remember, every gun produced begins as a “legal” gun and every gun owner starts out as a “responsible” gun owner, or so one side would like us to believe.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    PJPOWER said:

Fast and furious began under Bush and was inherited by the Obama Administration but thanks for pointing out yet another failed repube strategy rather than go after the root cause, manufacturers and gun sellers who don’t conduct background checks or sell to known straw purchasers. Remember, every gun produced begins as a “legal” gun and every gun owner starts out as a “responsible” gun owner, or so one side would like us to believe.
    Which side believes that?  I sure do not believe that every gun owner starts out as a responsible gun owner, that is why I think that it is important to have responsible gun owners.
    PJPOWER said:

Evidently it is a 60 year old Hispanic felon that is the problem in this particular case.
    What does Hispanic have to do with this?
This discussion has been closed.