Your 3 all-time favourite songs (other than PJ)

Comments

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:  10C 3 faves

Wow! :open_mouth: That's awesome! Thank you very much Allison! :plus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    PJ_Soul said:
    Pap said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Would it be a waste of my time to compile all these in a spotify playlist? Or are there people who would enjoy that?
    That's a great idea! :lightbulb: I'd very much enjoy it, though I don't have a Spotify account... :blush:
    Alright, done. :) You should make a Spotify account - you can sign up for free... although I have no idea what restrictions there are for playlists on the free version, so I'm not totally sure you'll be able to access this without a paid account (can someone let me know?). But give it a shot! It's a great playlist (for the most part, haha ;) ). I'll keep adding to it as you folks add to this thread (multiple choices/posts from one person is great). I won't add repeats, but otherwise I'll do my best. Once in a rare while the selection isn't available. In those cases I'll try to find a decent tribute/cover version or something.

https://open.spotify.com/user/12162960701/playlist/13HoWGvzqxOUsTRTHgQysI?si=QIv8C8WCTA-3LhFXq58LEg

Amazing, nice! 

Would skip tribute/cover versions as replacements though.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    "Highway Star," Deep Purple
    "Ain't No Sunshine," Bill Withers
    "Reckless Burning," Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

damn eh...

(Insert Grandpa Simpson pic entering/leaving)

lol

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    edited June 2018
    1) The 5th Dimension - Aquarius / Let The Sunshine In
    2) Deep Purple - Burn
    3) The Smiths - Hand In Glove
    Post edited by Pap on
    1) Don McLean - American Pie
    2) Johnny Cash - Nobody
    3) The Cure - Never Enough
    1) Neil Young - Southern Man
    2) Tom Waits - I'll Be Gone
    3) Creedence Clearwater Revival - Long As I Can See The Light
    edited June 2018
    1) R.E.M. - Walk Unafraid
    2) Bob Dylan - One More Cup of Coffee
    3) David Bowie - Heroes
    Post edited by Pap on
    "Swan Swan H," R.E.M.
    "Boulder to Birmingham," Emmylou Harris
    "Bodies," The Sex Pistols
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    Pap said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Would it be a waste of my time to compile all these in a spotify playlist? Or are there people who would enjoy that?
    That's a great idea! :lightbulb: I'd very much enjoy it, though I don't have a Spotify account... :blush:
    Alright, done. :) You should make a Spotify account - you can sign up for free... although I have no idea what restrictions there are for playlists on the free version, so I'm not totally sure you'll be able to access this without a paid account (can someone let me know?). But give it a shot! It's a great playlist (for the most part, haha ;) ). I'll keep adding to it as you folks add to this thread (multiple choices/posts from one person is great). I won't add repeats, but otherwise I'll do my best. Once in a rare while the selection isn't available. In those cases I'll try to find a decent tribute/cover version or something.

https://open.spotify.com/user/12162960701/playlist/13HoWGvzqxOUsTRTHgQysI?si=QIv8C8WCTA-3LhFXq58LEg

Amazing, nice! 

Well, it's only happened once so far. Can't remember which song now, so we're stuck with it. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    "Black Angel," The Cult
    "Good Hearted Woman," Waylon Jennings
    "Furnace Room Lullaby," Neko Case
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Today, for me, because I'm obsessed:
    "Battle of Yorktowne"
    "Right Hand Man"
    "Room Where It Happens"

all from Hamilton, the musical, because it's so musically and historically freaking AWESOME!
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Hallowed Be Thy Name - Iron Maiden
    Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
    Don't Follow - Alice in Chains

So many great songs but these work well for me...today.

NYPJ
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Pap said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Amazing, nice! 

Well, it's only happened once so far. Can't remember which song now, so we're stuck with it. ;)
    I think it's one of mine. "Run, Runaway" by Slade - I don't think they're on Spotify.  But it's about as true to the original as you can get, so good job finding that version!
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    Surf's Up Beach Boys
    Strawberry fields forever Beatles
    Whiter Shade of Pale Procol Harum

All from 1967 coincidentally.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • AggAgg Posts: 462
    JH6056 said:
    Today, for me, because I'm obsessed:
    "Battle of Yorktowne"
    "Right Hand Man"
    "Room Where It Happens"

all from Hamilton, the musical, because it's so musically and historically freaking AWESOME!
    Also obsessed and your choices are A+. I would add Guns and Ships and Ten Duel Commandments and then I think these are the best songs in the musical (although they're all pretty great). 
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Has "Africa" by Toto been mentioned in this thread yet?
    No, but it's now been added to the playlist.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    "Stompin' at the Savoy," Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
    "Welcome to the Terrordome," Public Enemy
    "Ashes of American Flags," Wilco
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Dancing in the Moonlight - King Harvest
    Brighter Days - JJ Grey and Mofro
    La Grange - ZZ Top
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Dead serious.
    This was on the other day and both the wife and I were singing all of the words.
    I asked her is she liked the song and she said 'Not Really'
    One of those ear worms from back in the day.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Dead serious.
    This was on the other day and both the wife and I were singing all of the words.
    If she knows and sings all the words, then she likes it. Tell her I said to stop being such a fucking music snob. I'm addressing a Toto record to Mrs. F Me soon. Weezer's cover is pretty good, too.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 398
    Tom Petty: Walls
    Avett Brothers: Distraction #74
    Otis Redding: These Arms of Mine
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:
    Dead serious.
    If she knows and sings all the words, then she likes it. Tell her I said to stop being such a fucking music snob. I'm addressing a Toto record to Mrs. F Me soon. Weezer's cover is pretty good, too.
    Ha!

It's a good song.
    edited June 2018
    GB281198 said:
    Tom Petty: Walls
    Avett Brothers: Distraction #74
    Otis Redding: These Arms of Mine
    Not sure if you meant Walls - Circus or Walls (No. 3), so I added both. :)

https://open.spotify.com/user/12162960701/playlist/13HoWGvzqxOUsTRTHgQysI?si=QNTF7ONSQAmvT2yG-3sxVA

dankind said:
    Dead serious.
    Also...'all the words' was hyperbole.  We were singing the words to the chorus. 
    If pressed, she likes pretty much everything except metal.  She just doesn't 'especially' like Toto/Africa.