Chvrches

I don't think there is another thread for this group.  The new album Love is Dead is outstanding.  Three really good albums out of the gate for this group.  Any other fans on the board?

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833
    I've not gotten around to listening to the new one yet, the last one was great though.  
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    First two albums were terrific.  Havent liked the two songs ive heard from the new one.  Need to check it out.  They’re good live.  My kids first concert when he was 1
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    The new songs took a few listens for me to get into.  The third album stays close to the formula though and has some gems.
  • New album is really good.   Not great, but really good. Has a couple guitar driven songs which is cool. 
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    edited September 2021
    Just picked up the new album myself due to the collaboration with Robert Smith. The whole thing is decent. I also picked up two earlier ones but have not listened to them yet 
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • New one is great. Return to form of the first 2 records. 
  • I didn't hate love is dead, but they sound better when its just them writing and producing. 

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I need to check this one out.  Six years ago I was on a quest to own every variant of their vinyl.  It got to be too exhausting