2018 Tour Rumour Thread

1183184185186187189»

Comments

• tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    ItsI funny how people fall for this type of pic. 
    It is easy to understand how this band tours. Will not play in mexico a random date. With no tour. 
    Not everyone gets inside tips for when the band is going to tour.  I think it’s just wishful thinking on the part of fans who really want the band to come to their country.  
     Nothing to do with thatt u saying.  the band do not play one shiw in a contintent. 27 years now. Its  common sense 
    Not everyone has time to study the band’s touring habits for the last 27 years.  There are all levels of fans on this site and what might be common sense to you is not readily apparent to others.  =)
    Well really no band would do that. Not just Pearl Jam. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    edited June 2018
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    It is easy to understand how this band tours. Will not play in mexico a random date. With no tour. 
    Not everyone gets inside tips for when the band is going to tour.  I think it’s just wishful thinking on the part of fans who really want the band to come to their country.  
     Nothing to do with thatt u saying.  the band do not play one shiw in a contintent. 27 years now. Its  common sense 
    Not everyone has time to study the band’s touring habits for the last 27 years.  There are all levels of fans on this site and what might be common sense to you is not readily apparent to others.  =)
    Not everyone is an Uber fan. 
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    edited June 2018
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Yes... I agree it’s not likely for any band to drop in for a one of show in a country.  But people were sucked in by a fake social media post.  Not every fan dissects the touring habits of a rock band before they post here. We have very savvy fans here and some less knowledgeable fans including those who fall under the category of English not being their first language.  Which makes it harder to explore this site and determine what’s common sense and what’s not.  I don’t diasagree with you or the super fan other than not everyone is an Uber fan and has the the band on their mind 24 hours a day.  Some people just want to see a concert.  

It's not only an issue of dissecting touring habits.

It's very possible and often occurs that festivals announce lineups well in advance of a band announcing tourdates.

Some festivals REQUIRE bands to wait until a festivals sells before allowing bands to announce dates.

It was plausible to believe the phantom Mexico dates could have been part of a 15 show run that could have included those elusive west coast dates.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    edited June 2018
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Yes... I agree it’s not likely for any band to drop in for a one of show in a country.  But people were sucked in by a fake social media post.  Not every fan dissects the touring habits of a rock band before they post here. We have very savvy fans here and some less knowledgeable fans including those who fall under the category of English not being their first language.  Which makes it harder to explore this site and determine what’s common sense and what’s not.  I don’t diasagree with you or the super fan other than not everyone is an Uber fan and has the the band on their mind 24 hours a day.  Some people just want to see a concert.  

It's not only an issue of dissecting touring habbits.

It's very possible and often occurs that festivals announce lineups well in advance of a band announcing tourdates.

Some festivals REQUIRE bands to wait until a festivals sells before allowing bands to announce dates.

It was plausible to believe the phantom Mexico dates could have been part of a 15 show run that could have included those elusive west coast dates.

Edit: for central and south america, it's very common for artists to do one or two shows per country (see the legend Steven Wilson).

• MK225952MK225952 Posts: 19
    By the logic above, Pearl Jam will continue to ignore South Africa as it will likely be a two show stop and the only country on the continent.  It is not financially as lucrative as most other countries that they always tour. 

We will continue to hope!
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2018 | Eddie Vedder Johannesburg 2018
  • JB188421JB188421 Posts: 2
    I think this is a mistake but.....
    Pollstar.com is showing a new date for Pearl Jam this morning. Nampa Idaho Sept 7th, 2018. That is 3 days after Fenway and The Smashing Pumpkins are already booked at the Ford Idaho Centre. I can't find any other info other than the pollstar update. 
  • JB188421JB188421 Posts: 2
    Removed now. Here's a screen capture of what i saw:

• big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,530
    Boise deserves a show........only 18 years since the last one!

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    And they'd "never not play there again."
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Awesome boot!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Smashing Pumpkins are playing there on that date.  
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Im so excited for this tour and I can’t even go to the shows. I hope everyone has a blast! 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    JB188421 said:
    Removed now. Here's a screen capture of what i saw:

UGHHHH

Motherfuckers playin’ with my emotions!! Makes me wonder if PJ offered to play there on that date and Idaho Center came back and said, “Oh sorry, Smashing fucking Pumpkins have that date already booked, to which PJ’s people would have said “Oh well, maybe next time”.

I dunno. Maybe it’s the eighteen year PJ drought in Idaho that’s got me all pessimistic. Low blow, Pollstar. Low blow. 
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    Australian tour in 2019 please!  It's been FIVE years.