Options

Best Version of "Go"?

2»

Comments

• Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    rummy said:
    If anyone is looking for great (recent) versions of Animal (follows Go) I highly recommend Pittsburgh 2013.
    Thought you wrote Philadelphia 2013 (where I were) :(
    I prefer the Pitt version since Eddie sings the entire second chorus (he usually gives it over to the fans).
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480
    edited May 2018
    All versions of Go pale in comparison to San Diego 11/6/95. I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet.
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Options
    Hyde Park 2010, although a shame most of the crowd were dicks that day.

Someone mentioned Stockholm 2014 - I was at that show and seriously don't remember Go at all!  Will have to listen to the bootleg tonight
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,070
    edited May 2018
    Used the Leeds 2006 version for this. Don't remember why I picked that one though. Maybe because it and Animal followed each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv34-e4Gmd8&t=496s
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,391
    Stinkfoot said:
    My choice would be the Dublin(?) 2000 version that was remastered by JWB (I think that was his name) to counteract the Europe 2000 bootleg sound issues. Absolutely amazing vox (one of the most aggressive I think from that tour) and a great outro with Ed singing some Crowded House over the rest of the bands wall of sound and guitar feedback.. great version  B)
    Where might one find this remastered version?
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    The Rock said:
    Stinkfoot said:
    My choice would be the Dublin(?) 2000 version that was remastered by JWB (I think that was his name) to counteract the Europe 2000 bootleg sound issues. Absolutely amazing vox (one of the most aggressive I think from that tour) and a great outro with Ed singing some Crowded House over the rest of the bands wall of sound and guitar feedback.. great version  B)
    Yes, please do tell. My searches the other day led me to some dead links.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    tbergs said:
    The Rock said:
    Stinkfoot said:
    Yes, please do tell. My searches the other day led me to some dead links.
    Is it part of that "Live on THREE Legs" compilation? 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”