what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    I am so naive. The level to which some people stoop to hurt others, never ceases to amaze me. Even when I think I’m prepared for anything, I am still shocked by the evil hidden within some people. 
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    I am so naive. The level to which some people stoop to hurt others, never ceases to amaze me. Even when I think I’m prepared for anything, I am still shocked by the evil hidden within some people. 
    what did I do now?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Do you need me to make some calls?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    lolobugg said:
    what did I do now?
    :lol:
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    my shithead manager's manager is retiring this friday. finally. the morale of her staff will skyrocket next week. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    usually I just have anxiety attacks. This time I had a fucking DREAM about having an anxiety attack. 

but I was also Hulk Hogan. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    #Repealthe8th
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    edited May 2018
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I can't decide if I should fly down to Seattle for a conference or take the train. I like the romanticism of the train, but I'd have to wake up at 3am or something like that to catch it going down, and then get home really late at night coming back, and I have to work that next morning. Obviously flying is technically way faster, but after dealing with the whole international flight shit at the airport, I wouldn't be saving that much time anyhow. Hmmmm. Gotta book, but can't decide. Money is no object - work pays for the whole trip.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:
    I can't decide if I should fly down to Seattle for a conference or take the train. I like the romanticism of the train, but I'd have to wake up at 3am or something like that to catch it going down, and then get home really late at night coming back, and I have to work that next morning. Obviously flying is technically way faster, but after dealing with the whole international flight shit at the airport, I wouldn't be saving that much time anyhow. Hmmmm. Gotta book, but can't decide. Money is no object - work pays for the whole trip.
    I find Seattle a pretty easy airport to deal with, and it’s a really short flight. In your shoes I would go with flying. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^ Take the train!!! 

John Frusciante on my mind...

https://youtu.be/n1bKGaj71aw

This is one of my favorites ever #brotherlylove
    Where the F is JFru these days??? God I miss his blood sugar sex magic!!!
    edited May 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    I find Seattle a pretty easy airport to deal with, and it’s a really short flight. In your shoes I would go with flying. 
    I was actually concerned with the time it will take at YVR before departure.... that can take a LONG time. Last time I flew to the US from YVR I stood in the security line for 2 hours - it sucked .... But damn, a 3am wake up. That's pretty brutal! Why does that train leave so damn early in the morning?? It's stupid - it actually deters people from taking it (hoping that super speed train idea goes through though!).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I was actually concerned with the time it will take at YVR before departure.... that can take a LONG time. Last time I flew to the US from YVR I stood in the security line for 2 hours - it sucked .... But damn, a 3am wake up. That's pretty brutal! Why does that train leave so damn early in the morning?? It's stupid - it actually deters people from taking it (hoping that super speed train idea goes through though!).

Every time I'm standing in that line, I promise myself I'm going to apply for the Nexus clearance.  And then as soon as I'm through the line I forget ;)
    Well today is the day. The day we show that we love the women in our lives and see them as more than mere incubators. Do me proud Ireland, we may not get this chance again. #Repealthe8th
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    edited May 2018
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Well today is the day. The day we show that we love the women in our lives and see them as more than mere incubators. Do me proud Ireland, we may not get this chance again. #Repealthe8th
    right on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Fingers and toes crossed for the women of Ireland!
    There was a story on this on the local morning news today, and I was absolutely shocked to hear that divorce was only legalized in the mid-90s. WOW! I had no idea Ireland made it illegal so far into modern times. Poor everyone stuck in shitty marriages up until then.
    PJ_Soul said:
    There was a story on this on the local morning news today, and I was absolutely shocked to hear that divorce was only legalized in the mid-90s. WOW! I had no idea Ireland made it illegal so far into modern times. Poor everyone stuck in shitty marriages up until then.
    Yeah sure even birth control was illegal into the 80's, we're still in the dark ages in some ways thanks to the lasting effect of the stranglehold Catholicism held over our lives for so many long years. Also up til maybe the 70's or 80's, women had to quit their jobs when they got married. As for this referendum, the horror of what some women have to go through as a result of our archaic laws is astounding.

In Ireland, a woman with cancer will be refused treatment if she's pregnant. If she wants to terminate the pregnancy she has to travel to England.

Similarly if the foetus is not viable or 'incompatible with life', even then she must carry to term and then give birth to the dead foetus.

Apologies for putting it in such blunt terms but that is our reality.

If a women finds herself pregnant as a result of rape, she will be forced to carry her rapists child.

I could go on but I think you get the picture.

Hopefully today we can make the right decision and show that women are valued and respected equally in Ireland.
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah sure even birth control was illegal into the 80's, we're still in the dark ages in some ways thanks to the lasting effect of the stranglehold Catholicism held over our lives for so many long years. Also up til maybe the 70's or 80's, women had to quit their jobs when they got married. As for this referendum, the horror of what some women have to go through as a result of our archaic laws is astounding.

In Ireland, a woman with cancer will be refused treatment if she's pregnant. If she wants to terminate the pregnancy she has to travel to England.

Similarly if the foetus is not viable or 'incompatible with life', even then she must carry to term and then give birth to the dead foetus.

Apologies for putting it in such blunt terms but that is our reality.

If a women finds herself pregnant as a result of rape, she will be forced to carry her rapists child.

I could go on but I think you get the picture.

Hopefully today we can make the right decision and show that women are valued and respected equally in Ireland.

It looks to be official. Kudos to Ireland for taking this important step to recognize a woman's right to agency over her body. 
    Tis a great day for our country :smile:
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Cheers from the US!

Just had a good laugh-filled spell of time, and as it happened, light turned to shadow.

Had to listen to Floyd - though I am not on the turning away.  More like facing :)
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,808
    Since AET is my favorite place to be I will post this here.  Just got done re watching Sopranos.  Found this tribute to James Gandolfini.  Never knew the work he did with the Wounded Warrior foundation.  That part comes up at the end of the video.  Since it is Memorial Day I will tie this video into today to  honor the fallen hero’s.  
    https://youtu.be/wZ_XzlIvgEQ
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Not forget..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Right now I'm wondering what's the story with one of my good friends and why he's been a bit withdrawn in terms of keeping in contact with me.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    edited May 2018
    Greek climbers (Antonis Sykaris & Fotis Theocharis) at the top of Mount Kangchenjunga (20/05/18)

:plus_one::clap::triumph::peace:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Panna (wisdom)
    Grow. The. F. Up. 
    A wonderful person and a good friend who is in hospital right now. Sending all my positive vibes her way.  
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited June 2018

Are you ok RS?
    Try not to let it get to you RS...Naïve is probably the wrong word...
    The thing is a lot of us people are very trusting and some people take advantage of that...just don't let those people get you down...

Post edited by i_lov_it on