***Official U2 Appreciation Thread***

Comments

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    I won tickets from a local NPR station........not a huge fan of their post-Achtung Baby stuff, but free is free!
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I won tickets from a local NPR station........not a huge fan of their post-Achtung Baby stuff, but free is free!
    Well, you’re in luck because they’ve played Until The End of The World, Acrobat, Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, and One so far.

Seeing them a week from today in Vegas, can’t wait to see how the sets do or don’t change over the next couple of shows. Tonight in St. Louis they added New Year’s Day, but dropped Wild Horses.

Also, the new vinyl reissues of Pop and All That You Can't Leave Behind are tremendous! Sound absolutely fantastic.

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Can anyone who has seen shows on this new tour tell me when they have been  hitting the stage?

Thanks
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    I've heard they have been going on at 8:30.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Can anyone who has seen shows on this new tour tell me when they have been  hitting the stage?

Thanks
    I am not digging these setlists so far.  I understand they just toured around joshua tree but man, you have to play some songs off your best album!  That's like pj not playing ten.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    I'm fine with PJ not playing Ten tracks.

• timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    mcgruff10 said:

Thanks
    I am not digging these setlists so far.  I understand they just toured around joshua tree but man, you have to play some songs off your best album!  That's like pj not playing ten.  
    They're hitting their best album...3-4 off Achtung Baby each night ;)
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    Yeah, I hope they do an AB tour (like tJT tour) in the next couple years. 
    No doubt...and hopefully a vinyl reissue comes well before the 30th anniversary
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Thanks
    Saw them in Vegas last week. They took the stage at 8:38.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    DC29940 said:

Thanks
    Saw them in Vegas last week. They took the stage at 8:38.
    how was the show? seeing them for the 1st time in Philly next week. Tickets were fairly cheap and decided not to miss out on chance of seeing them.  
  • PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    timdwilli said:
    Is next month early enough? :wink:
    http://www.u2songs.com/news/new_vinyl_releases_july_27

Achtung Baby, Zooropa and The Best Of 1980-1990 will be released on vinyl on July 27th. All three are 2LP editions.
    timdwilli said:

Achtung Baby, Zooropa and The Best Of 1980-1990 will be released on vinyl on July 27th. All three are 2LP editions.
    Nice...finally!!
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    timdwilli said:

Excellent news!!!! Finally going to get AB. 
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

timdwilli said:

Oh yeah!!!
    seeing u2 tonight...any idea what time they have been hitting the stage?
  • jessebasijessebasi Toronto Posts: 149
    mcgruff10 said:
    I’ve heard 8:30 or so...also going tonight! Hope you enjoy the show!
    2016 - Toronto I (Binaural!), Toronto II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    jessebasi said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Awesome. Thank you. I m not overall impressed with these set lists; hopefully I ll be surprised tonight. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    jessebasi said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Awesome. Thank you. I m not overall impressed with these set lists; hopefully I ll be surprised tonight. 
    Yeah, I was hoping to get Gloria tonight, but they did it last night so probably not. Still nice to hear Acrobat and Staring at the Sun though.
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    jessebasi said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jessebasi said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah, I was hoping to get Gloria tonight, but they did it last night so probably not. Still nice to hear Acrobat and Staring at the Sun though.
    I'd like to know what you guys think of their Stage set-up?

Enjoy the show.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    They came out right around 8:30 both nights in  Boston last week.

As for stage set up, its great. If you are on floor, you are close to some part of stage and the band at some point in show. 
    Set is much better in person than on paper, though does have a few weak points (I'm looking squarely at you "You're The Best Thing" acoustic)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Poncier said:
    They came out right around 8:30 both nights in  Boston last week.

As for stage set up, its great. If you are on floor, you are close to some part of stage and the band at some point in show. 
    Set is much better in person than on paper, though does have a few weak points (I'm looking squarely at you "You're The Best Thing" acoustic)
    saw them in Philly a few weeks ago and thought the stage setup sucked.  1st off it cut the crowd in half which lessens the energy i think.  2nd it rendered the band as basically a backup band because Bono only played on the main stage with the regular band for about 2 songs. the rest he was either up the ramp a ways or they were on the secondary stage.  just my 0.02 cents
    cutz said:
    jessebasi said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jessebasi said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Enjoy the show.
    The stage set up was exactly the same as two years ago so nothing too shocking.
    I must say I was completely wrong about the set, the new songs held up incredibly well.  iris and oceans were rather drab but otherwise my wife and I loved the show.  Until the end of the world, staring at the sun and acrobat were all highlights for me.  And for the first time in a long time I enjoyed pride especially with the video.  elevation into vertigo is awesome.
    We walked into GA around 7:30 and were 3 off the barricade on the little stage.
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    Just pre-ordered them all from U2's website. I'm not taking any chances in missing out on these, especially AB and The Best Of...
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    mcgruff10 said:
    cutz said:
    jessebasi said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jessebasi said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Enjoy the show.
    I must say I was completely wrong about the set, the new songs held up incredibly well.  iris and oceans were rather drab but otherwise my wife and I loved the show.  Until the end of the world, staring at the sun and acrobat were all highlights for me.  And for the first time in a long time I enjoyed pride especially with the video.  elevation into vertigo is awesome.
    We walked into GA around 7:30 and were 3 off the barricade on the little stage.i
    Going tonight. Kind of last minute but pretty pumped. Saw the Innocence version and as far as stage set ups it was definitely my favorite of theirs ever.

Also I saw what may be a set list leave which for them is not really ever a big deal but if it’s right there will be a couple of changes tonight. One kind of a big deal. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    cutz said:
    jessebasi said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jessebasi said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Enjoy the show.
    We walked into GA around 7:30 and were 3 off the barricade on the little stage.i
    Going tonight. Kind of last minute but pretty pumped. Saw the Innocence version and as far as stage set ups it was definitely my favorite of theirs ever.

Also I saw what may be a set list leave which for them is not really ever a big deal but if it’s right there will be a couple of changes tonight. One kind of a big deal. 
    How was the show?  any set list changes?
    Newark was fantastic - the new version of Iris was the only real hiccup in the show, and Cedarwood felt a little weak as well.

Pride was the best I’ve ever heard it on Friday. Acrobat was fantastic, as was Staring at the Sun, and really the whole E stage set onwards was really strong.
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    edited July 2018
    I love this band...but man they have the WORST  "fan club" ever. I was subscribed to it for a year and I will never resubscribe, everything about it is a complete nightmare. One of the biggest issues is the fact that they use livenation to distribute their merchandise and membership items. The so called "customer support" on this is an absolute nightmare and all you will get is a computer generated response....you'd have more success banging your head against a wall. As far as their membership item goes, mine shipped out a year late and I got restricted from posting in the forums for trying to track down what was going on with it because I couldn't get a hold of anyone in customer service. They actually expect people to be happy paying money for this? Again... I am restricted from posting because I was trying to understand why I wasn't getting something a YEAR after I ordered it. The fact that they are able to still keep this business running amazes me!  :o

U2 as a band really needs to take care of their fans better! 

All that said again I love this band and I am enjoying seeing all the videos from this tour and the songs being played that haven't been in a while. Great fun stuff!  
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited July 2018
    been in the fan club for over 17 years and i can only say good things about it and the experience.
    this tour was amazing. so was their new cd. best cd in a long time
    hoping for a fall leg of the tour....
  • TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    been in the fan club for over 17 years and i can only say good things about it and the experience.
    this tour was amazing. so was their new cd. best cd in a long time
    hoping for a fall leg of the tour....
    That's good, someone has to have a positive experience to keep the cash flowing...I can't honestly recommend something to someone however where the rules are so ridiculous that I was restricted from posting simply because I voiced my concern over a membership item which I paid for that had not been shipped going on a full years time. And in a thread specifically made for the topic of discussing the membership item no less. 

Honestly what good is it for me to have paid for something that I can't use (but I have paid for through 2019) and people have the right to restrict me from posting on with no warning simply for voicing my concerns in a polite manner?