Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Re-watching Iron Man 2 is not advisable.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    goldrush said:
    JimmyV said:
    $258 million! I thought it would be years before anything topped The Force Awakens opening weekend.

Somewhere Jeremy Renner is mumbling to himself, "Hawkeye could've pushed it over $260."
    A cool (but pretty dark) way to bring Hawkeye back into it would be if his his family were affected by Thanos’ finger snap. He’s gone into hiding to protect them, if they’re not around then he’ll be out for vengeance.
    I think that’s exactly what’s gonna happen
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    goldrush said:
    JimmyV said:
    $258 million! I thought it would be years before anything topped The Force Awakens opening weekend.

Somewhere Jeremy Renner is mumbling to himself, "Hawkeye could've pushed it over $260."
    A cool (but pretty dark) way to bring Hawkeye back into it would be if his his family were affected by Thanos’ finger snap. He’s gone into hiding to protect them, if they’re not around then he’ll be out for vengeance.
    I think that’s exactly what’s gonna happen
    Agreed. I can see a scenario where Ant-Man and the Wasp ends with that cast feeling the snap, and then the postcredit scene shows Hawkeye and his family.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    Yeah, the stinger has to be IW related. Hopefully we don't see Scott's daughter disappear, that will be heavy.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    So I am going back and re-reading Infinity War and though I've liked what Marvel has done it is by far different.

I want to know if they are going to introduce any of the "cosmic beings" from the comics like Kronos, The Watcher, Celestials, Galactus or Chaos?

It would be awesome to see some of these characters

Anybody?.
    We've seen The Watcher in Guardians 2, but only briefly. Knowhere is actually the head of a dead Celestial flying through space. Galactus is tied up with Fox, so if/when the merger goes through then we might see him. My running theory is that we'll get a glimpse of him in an upcoming postcredit scene and then they will build to his movie, just like they did with Thanos.

JimmyV said:
    We've seen The Watcher in Guardians 2, but only briefly. Knowhere is actually the head of a dead Celestial flying through space. Galactus is tied up with Fox, so if/when the merger goes through then we might see him. My running theory is that we'll get a glimpse of him in an upcoming postcredit scene and then they will build to his movie, just like they did with Thanos.
    I didn't see Guardians 2 but that the Watcher IS in it gives me some hope!!!

The Head in Knowhere is Living Tribunal?
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I havent read through this thread because I didn't want any spoilers, so my apologies if it has been discussed before.
    I lost interest in the whole comic book movie thing several years ago and have not seen much of it.
    I saw CA-Winter soldier and Civil War this weekend and really liked it.  Makes me want to get caught up on this.
    Are there any that I have to see before seeing Infinity War?
    Or are there any not worth seeing at all? (I think I've only seen Iron Man 1-3, the first Thor and first Guardians). There has to be some duds in this universe, right?
    Thanks!
    mace1229 said:
    I havent read through this thread because I didn't want any spoilers, so my apologies if it has been discussed before.
    I lost interest in the whole comic book movie thing several years ago and have not seen much of it.
    I saw CA-Winter soldier and Civil War this weekend and really liked it.  Makes me want to get caught up on this.
    Or are there any not worth seeing at all? (I think I've only seen Iron Man 1-3, the first Thor and first Guardians). There has to be some duds in this universe, right?
    Thanks!
    I'd recommend the original Avengers, Guardians 2 and Thor Ragnarok. Those along with what you've already seen will get you pretty well caught up.

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JimmyV said:
    mace1229 said:
    Thanks!
    I'd recommend the original Avengers, Guardians 2 and Thor Ragnarok. Those along with what you've already seen will get you pretty well caught up.
    And Black Panther. It is out on DVD tomorrow. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    JimmyV said:
    mace1229 said:
    Thanks!
    Yes and @mace1229 remember to watch them all the way through the credits.  There's always an easter egg at the end!!!
    Absolutely yes on Black Panther. That was an obvious omission on my part.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Awesome, thanks!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    JimmyV said:
    mace1229 said:
    Thanks!

Its out on DVD and was still #7 this weekend at the box office...crazy.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    19 is too many god damn movies.

007 isn't even capable of holding my interest that long.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141

and the tv series and Netflix shows
    I miss igotid88

This is so much better than 007. And I like Bond.

• redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    JimmyV said:
    mace1229 said:
    Thanks!
    Probably should watch Doctor Strange before IW as well.....
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Saw Avengers:  Infinity War last Sunday.  Really enjoyed it! Disney has done a great job with the development of these characters and i'm excited to see whats in store after Infinity War Part II
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    I've only seen Infinity War once so far, and I'm pretty sure it will get higher up the more times I watch it. I'd probably rank them like this at the moment:

1. Thor: Ragnarok
    2. Iron Man
    3. Captain America: Civil War
    4. Captain America: Winter Soldier
    5. Doctor Strange
    6. Avengers: Infinity War
    7. Black Panther
    8. Guardians of the Galaxy
    9. The Avengers
    10. Iron Man 3

11. Ant-Man
    12. Captain America: The First Avenger
    13. Spider-Man: Homecoming
    14. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    15. Thor
    16. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    17. The Incredible Hulk

18. Thor: The Dark World
    19. Iron Man 2

11-17 are pretty much interchangeable at any time; they are basically all joint 11th. Only IM2 and Thor: DW are adrift at the bottom, and I've still watched them a couple of times.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    Saw Deadpool 2 yesterday.  Does the guy played by Josh Brolin become the bad guy in this Avengers movie or is that just strange casting that he plays two separate characters in two separate movies?
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Saw Deadpool 2 yesterday.  Does the guy played by Josh Brolin become the bad guy in this Avengers movie or is that just strange casting that he plays two separate characters in two separate movies?
    Two separate characters that are unrelated 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    James Gunn fired over offensive tweets
    I miss igotid88
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    igotid88 said:
    James Gunn fired over offensive tweets
    Well that sucks, but he must have known that someone would dig that stuff up eventually. Even if they were jokes (pretty sick ones), there’s no way Disney could keep him on board.

I wonder what they’ll do with GOTG 3 now. It was all pretty much his vision, and he had a hand in Infinity War as well. I reckon they should go with Taika Waititi; he did a great job with Ragnarok. Edgar Wright would be interesting, but I doubt he’d go back.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    If Disney is firing people for past history they should dissolve the Disney brand because of their past sins in history.  I'm pretty sure Disney has done stuff worse then some offensive tweets.

The rabbit hole of being offended ...

I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    dweebs.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11