MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    Wobbie said:
    fulmer, percival, spezio, etc.....
    I googled Percival and juicing and all I get are juicing baseball references...

It was the era of juice so who knows though?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    So, modern day baseball.

Albies and Acuna in Atlanta?

The upcoming of the WHOLE Toronto farm team?

Anybody watching?

A's Farm teams too?  Austin Beck, AJ Puck and Kevin Merrell.  Anybody know these names?

A lot of young players out there to be excited about.  As a white sox fan, I've been much more interested in watching their minor league games than the big league games.  I expect to see Kopech and Jimenez up towards the end of the year.  A lot of other guys in the pipeline too....so happy that they finally committed to a full rebuild.
    So, modern day baseball.

Anybody watching?

A's Farm teams too?  Austin Beck, AJ Puck and Kevin Merrell.  Anybody know these names?

A lot of young players out there to be excited about.  As a white sox fan, I've been much more interested in watching their minor league games than the big league games.  I expect to see Kopech and Jimenez up towards the end of the year.  A lot of other guys in the pipeline too....so happy that they finally committed to a full rebuild.
    Maitan is having a rough go as of yet but I still have faith.

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    edited May 2018
    Matt Harvey designated for assignment by the Mets
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Wobbie said:
    actually, the 4th.

and the second to do it with “help”

barry bonds 10x>poo holes.
    Pujols 2 rings.  Bonds 0 rings.  I watched Bonds almost single handedly defeat my Angels in the WS...

But I still agree with Bonds being the best player I have EVER saw play and AROD was second.
    I went to Game 2.  Sand Frog with the huge homer.  K-Rod was amazing.  Bonds hit one about as hard as you are going to see a ball ever get hit.  (Still lost)
    I sat next to Giants fans.  A 'Stealth' flyover prior to the game was pretty awesome as well.
    A great time - I still have ThunderSticks in their wrappers.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    igotid88 said:
    Matt Harvey designated for assignment by the Mets
    Now, what team will he end up on?
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    So, modern day baseball.

Anybody watching?

Albies and Acuna are fun to watch. I've been a Braves fan since the late 80s and this is one of, if not the, most enjoyable team to watch. I'm still tempering my excitement, but if the starting pitching gets more consistent, they could be a playoff team. Way too early for that kind of talk though. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Wobbie said:
    actually, the 4th.

and the second to do it with “help”

barry bonds 10x>poo holes.
    Pujols 2 rings.  Bonds 0 rings.  I watched Bonds almost single handedly defeat my Angels in the WS...

But I still agree with Bonds being the best player I have EVER saw play and AROD was second.
    I went to Game 2.  Sand Frog with the huge homer.  K-Rod was amazing.  Bonds hit one about as hard as you are going to see a ball ever get hit.  (Still lost)
    I sat next to Giants fans.  A 'Stealth' flyover prior to the game was pretty awesome as well.
    A great time - I still have ThunderSticks in their wrappers.

That was the game Salmon was seen saying “I’ve never seen a ball hit that hard.” or was it “so far”? percival pitched to him becausethey hada two run lead and bases were empty. every time bonds came to bat, he was “ a man in scoring position.”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    The hapless Pads get no hit by Walker and a string of relievers. Kid could be good if he gets his control down and extends his innings a bit.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    the way pujols “runs” makes babe ruth look like usain bolt.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Molina needed surgery after a foul top to the groin.
    Oh.
    Ow.
    I do not like Cards nor Yadi.  That stated, I feel badly for him.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    fuck him.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    So, modern day baseball.

Anybody watching?

Albies and Acuna are fun to watch. I've been a Braves fan since the late 80s and this is one of, if not the, most enjoyable team to watch. I'm still tempering my excitement, but if the starting pitching gets more consistent, they could be a playoff team. Way too early for that kind of talk though. 
    The two teams I'm interested in watching and their futures are the Braves and the Bluejays.  Man are there some talented players coming up!

The Braves organization is run properly so they should do well in the future.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Rough go of it for Piscotty. Love to see that guy bounce back after his last year or 2, once he has time to cope. Check out the SC story they’ve been running the last couple days. ALS is a dirty dirty bitch. 

Incredible gesture by Darvish for a dude he’s never played with or against.
    DewieCox said:
    Rough go of it for Piscotty. Love to see that guy bounce back after his last year or 2, once he has time to cope. Check out the SC story they’ve been running the last couple days. ALS is a dirty dirty bitch. 

Incredible gesture by Darvish for a dude he’s never played with or against.
    This amazing Darvish story even though the writer thinks Piscotty is a pitcher...
    https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2018/5/7/17329242/yu-darvish-als-research-donation-stephen-piscotty-mother-gretchen
    edited May 2018
    Also a player I am following.  Vlad Guerrero Jr.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/5/7/17328248/vladimir-guerrero-jr-blue-jays-opposite-field-homer-tee-what

You'll know about him soon though even if you haven't been paying attention to the Blue Jays' minor league players.

Oh and they have a few others to keep watching.  You just wait.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/5/7/17328248/vladimir-guerrero-jr-blue-jays-opposite-field-homer-tee-what

You'll know about him soon though even if you haven't been paying attention to the Blue Jays' minor league players.

Vlad Jr is gonna be exciting to watch!!  That tee shot is great, but did you see the one that hit the hotel during the game?!

Vlad Jr is gonna be exciting to watch!!  That tee shot is great, but did you see the one that hit the hotel during the game?!
    I did not but I've read a ton about him!

His 2nd HR of the night last night, a 5 RBI outing. 

They also have another HOF son on the team - Cavan Biggio.  He went yard last night as well.

And yeah, I know Vlad Sr isnt in the Hall, but should be.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Vlad will be in the hall in like 90 days
    Oh shit! Who all is in this class?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited May 2018
    Chipper, Thome, Hoffman and Vlad. A pretty good one.
    He was an amazing hitter. One of the few in the modern game that you'd see without batting gloves. I can still picture his swing in that Expos uniform.
    I'm glad I got to see Thome play in person for that nice bounce back campaign with the Twins at the end of his career. He just crushed the ball.
    Oh yeah, that's right.  I was like "did I miss this year's class?"  No, I think my short term memory is just getting worse.

His 2nd HR of the night last night, a 5 RBI outing. 

They also have another HOF son on the team - Cavan Biggio.  He went yard last night as well.

Biggio, Bichette, Walmorth, Alford are the others to watch also.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I just saw that Matt Harvey was traded to the Reds. Good luck pitching in that Park where the ball flies out of ther.
    cutz said:
    I just saw that Matt Harvey was traded to the Reds. Good luck pitching in that Park where the ball flies out of ther.
    He won't ever come back.  He still thinks he can blow the ball by batters.  He needs to learn how to "pitch"...
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Speaking of Mets, apparently they batted out of order today...