The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I would like a win tonight.
    Got dominated and still pulled it out. Cannot believe they didn't walk Sanchez.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,570
    I would like a win tonight.
    Got dominated and still pulled it out. Cannot believe they didn't walk Sanchez.
    That’s what Madonna said.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Big win. Even if they lose the next two they come off a real tough road trip 4-3, worst case scenario 
    No getting Gerrit Cole is gonna be a big mistake 
    Bump
    Let’s go yanks. Big one tonight 
    If glyber can hit a lick, he’s gonna be around for a while 
    Soft fucking crowd in Houston for this series. Embarrassing 
    I'd say that's a good win. Severino is the man
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,821
    Yes, dominant win!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,961
    He's my favorite pitcher so I collected a bunch of his rookie cards.

That is only his first complete game ever?!?  A CG is a rare duck nowadays.

Jack curry was saying on the post game, if there were a draft of pitchers and they all come with their contract severino would likely be the first pick. Othani is obviously the first pick but pretty wild regardless.

Jack curry was saying on the post game, if there were a draft of pitchers and they all come with their contract severino would likely be the first pick. Othani is obviously the first pick but pretty wild regardless.
    He's still under a rookie contract I think?  Doesn't even make a mill a year yet.  That'll change after this year with arbitration or a new contract.

He's still under a rookie contract I think?  Doesn't even make a mill a year yet.  That'll change after this year with arbitration or a new contract.
    Yeah, $600k this year. Judge and Sanchez are right around that number too.

Man... Can you imagine the payouts in a few years?  So much for being under the cap?  Maybe Stanton will be let go?  How long is he on the Yankees dime for again?

Man... Can you imagine the payouts in a few years?  So much for being under the cap?  Maybe Stanton will be let go?  How long is he on the Yankees dime for again?
    They are going to soar over the cap, but the tax resets so they pay a much smaller amount.  I think there's a good chance they let Judge walk depending on how the next 4.5 years go.  He'll be 30-31 when he's a free agent, I think.  Stanton can opt-out in 3 more years i think, but his contract is maybe 9 or so more.  But yeah, these guys are gonna get some pretty solid contracts once they hit arbitration years.

I think there is almost a 0% chance they sign either Harper or Machado at this point.  Perhaps they go 2 of Corbin, Kershaw and Keuchel, but I really don't see them investing a massive contract into a position player at this point.

They are going to soar over the cap, but the tax resets so they pay a much smaller amount.  I think there's a good chance they let Judge walk depending on how the next 4.5 years go.  He'll be 30-31 when he's a free agent, I think.  Stanton can opt-out in 3 more years i think, but his contract is maybe 9 or so more.  But yeah, these guys are gonna get some pretty solid contracts once they hit arbitration years.

I think there is almost a 0% chance they sign either Harper or Machado at this point.  Perhaps they go 2 of Corbin, Kershaw and Keuchel, but I really don't see them investing a massive contract into a position player at this point.
    Keuchel has stunk it up as of late.  Not sure why Yanks would want him?

I can't see Kershaw leaving LA either?

Judge will go for Arbitration before his contract is up.

There are rumors of LA going after Machado for this year too.

Because 1 month of a season does not equal who a pitcher is and the Yanks are going to need pitching over position players.

We shall see. Money talks.

Well I sure as hell hope he has arbitration years as it would mean he wouldn't be in the league if he didn't.
    Or they trade for Fulmer. Point being, I don't see them signing position players to massive deals.  Stanton is their big one for the moment. Pay Didi, reserve money for Sanchez, Judge, etc.  Get Ellsbury's money off the book and invest in pitching.

Because 1 month of a season does not equal who a pitcher is and the Yanks are going to need pitching over position players.

Well I sure as hell hope he has arbitration years as it would mean he wouldn't be in the league if he didn't.
    I was referring to the salary cap and that Judge would go to arbitration for more money which would bump up the Yanks' payroll and lead them into the penalty area which they never seem to have a problem with, lol.

I was referring to the salary cap and that Judge would go to arbitration for more money which would bump up the Yanks' payroll and lead them into the penalty area which they never seem to have a problem with, lol.
    Ah yeah. I can see them exceeding the cap here. I don't think they're going to get to the $230 mil level like Boston, but the tax resets now and they can go over again.
    This is gonna be a tough loss, but 5-2 through Angels and Astros is just fine.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,817
    Yeah even if they drop this game I'll be very happy with the road trip.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah even if they drop this game I'll be very happy with the road trip.  
    No doubt. Perspective but 6-1 would have been glorious, especially with the lead late today.
    Torres = True Yankee
    Well 6-1 IS glorious. Will be a fun flight home. 
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    3 out of 4 in Houston to boot. If we keep playing with this kind of swagger on the road, no way we don't take the division. I love this team right now.
    awesome win!!!  I pray that our pitching stays healthy.
    Torres = True Yankee
    I should have bought his damn cards when they were cheaper...
    What in the absolute fuck 
    Rough 8th inning. Don’t let this lead off double go to waste.