2023 Degenerate Fantasy Baseball League

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    So I swear that when I check my lineup early in the morning the damn info on there is wrong...  I had 4 positions not filled because the teams weren't playing.  I know I checked and moved people around but for whatever reason those same players that were supposed to be playing suddenly didn't have games.

Stupes...
    So I swear that when I check my lineup early in the morning the damn info on there is wrong...  I had 4 positions not filled because the teams weren't playing.  I know I checked and moved people around but for whatever reason those same players that were supposed to be playing suddenly didn't have games.

Stupes...
    aaaaaand my whole team slumps at the same time.  It's amazing how the players I pick all get hot and fail at the same time...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Dave and I are having a 'Battle of Shit Offenses' this week.
    We are very close in many categories -- my favorites are the HR battle (3-2) the RBI battle (17-16), and the SB contest (2-2, tied)

Our pitching numbers are good -- but damn, our batter stat lines suck.  Big time.

Good luck this weekend -- one of us is bound to have a good day, and that will clearly be enough to win out.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    We are very close in many categories -- my favorites are the HR battle (3-2) the RBI battle (17-16), and the SB contest (2-2, tied)

Our pitching numbers are good -- but damn, our batter stat lines suck.  Big time.

Good luck this weekend -- one of us is bound to have a good day, and that will clearly be enough to win out.
    I've got 4 pitching match ups coming up today and tomorrow so let's hope those go well...

As for my players?  Dear lord it's slumpville usa...  I passed up on Judge this year because I thought he would have a sophomore slump but I was wrong.  I picked him last year because I had faith in him but waned on him this year.  I'm sorry Mr Judge.  My apologies...
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

Stupes...
    There were many games cancelled due to weather 
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

Stupes...
    There were no postponed games last night...

Stupes...
    There were no postponed games last night...
    Yea, don't know what to tell ya about that.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703

:lol:

yeah our offense has been non-existent.  I still like my team even though they have been playing pretty bad.  They'll turn it around.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Ask yourself thjs before sending offers, are both teams getting an upgrade? Or is one team downgrading all 3 spots that are being offered? 
    6 QS= 2 wins...  

My team continues to slump...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Hitters finally woke up yesterday.  Sorry Dave!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Hitters finally woke up yesterday.  Sorry Dave!
    it's all good, not sure what's wrong with my team.  i have decent players their just not performing right now (especially my hitters).  Next week....
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Who the hell picked up Acuna?  I've been following that guy  for the last two years...  Is someone going to snatch up Senzel too?  Or Guerrero Jr?!?
    He was drafted -- I drafted him in a # of leagues...but every league I am in, he was drafted...he never made it to the Wire to be picked up.
    Senzel is available but I have a stud 3B and a very good UTIL already, so no room for him, or else I would have claimed already.  No earthly idea why the Reds don't have him up yet.  Their starter was hurt early on @ 3B.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Not bringing him up this early gives the reds an extra year of contract control I guess 

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

ed243421 said:
    Not bringing him up this early gives the reds an extra year of contract control I guess 

Exactly why they do it.  That's what the Cubs did with Bryant.
    His date already passed for that --- that is the explanation for why they didnt bring him up until that date.  Now, they have no excuses
    His date already passed for that --- that is the explanation for why they didnt bring him up until that date.  Now, they have no excuses
    Are you still talking about Senzel?

I  actually thought he would be a starter this year.

Yes, that is Senzel whose date passed last week or the week prior.  He should be starting right now.  I love the Reds the way any fan loves their team...but they are frigging brutal to root for.  Not 'Cleveland Browns' type of idiocy, but they are very poorly run.

Yes, that is Senzel whose date passed last week or the week prior.  He should be starting right now.  I love the Reds the way any fan loves their team...but they are frigging brutal to root for.  Not 'Cleveland Browns' type of idiocy, but they are very poorly run.
    They have some decent minor leaguers they can bring up.

I should be talking about the up and comers in the baseball thread?!?
    Nobody that plays third....
    Nobody that plays third....
    True.  Senzel is a legitimate stud at that position.
    I want to see him as a fan.  They are waiting until he heats up but I think you bring him up and let him play.
    I want to see him as a fan.  They are waiting until he heats up but I think you bring him up and let him play.
    I read up on him and they are waiting until he is absolutely ready.  That;s good upper management!
    Let's not pretend this guy is another kris Bryant. He's not. None of us are scouts or sabermetric gods. Give it time, when he's ready, they'll bring him up. 

I think Bryant sat out until April 20th a couple of years ago. 
    Let's not pretend this guy is another kris Bryant. He's not. None of us are scouts or sabermetric gods. Give it time, when he's ready, they'll bring him up. 

I think Bryant sat out until April 20th a couple of years ago. 
    Hell, Scouts aren't that great either.  How many #1 draft picks ever see MLB?  Piazza was picked last...
    He is a top 5 prospect, nobody said he was Kris Bryant. 
    As a fan I have been reading about him for a while and would like to see him play over the warm plate of turd they start at 3rd right now.
    As someone who waited ever so impatiently for guys like bryant and Russell to make the show, I can say that someone doesn't think he's ready. If they did, he would have been in the lineup on April 21. 
    He is a top 5 prospect, nobody said he was Kris Bryant. 
    As a fan I have been reading about him for a while and would like to see him play over the warm plate of turd they start at 3rd right now.
    Prospects I am hoping to see this year:

Acuna made it.  Hit his first ding today too!
    Maitan
    Senzel
    Guerrero Jr
    Tatis Jr
    Bichette
    basically a slew of Bluejays!!!
    DJ Peters
    Robles
    and Adell but he is another year away perhaps.

I already got my wish with Torres, Bird, Andujar and Austin for the yanks.
    As someone who waited ever so impatiently for guys like bryant and Russell to make the show, I can say that someone doesn't think he's ready. If they did, he would have been in the lineup on April 21. 
    Our ownership is not as smart as the Cubs' brass.  Clearly!  :)