Eddie Vedder Brazil poster by Dan Mumford

Comments

• PJNB said:
    Shit I won too! 
    Sell to me please
    16/11/2011 Santiago, Chile, 3/4/2013 Buenos Aires, Argentina, 6/4/2013 Santiago, Chile
    I'm thumbing my way back to Pearl Jam
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,626
    PJNB said:
    Shit I won too! 
    Sell to me please
    Sorry I have the other two as well and will be keeping this to frame. 
    Any non Europeans get this yet?
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    PJNB said:
    Any non Europeans get this yet?
    TN here and I haven't yet...
    My wife just called and told me that I got a delivery that looked like a poster. Can't wait to get home and take some pics!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    PJNB said:
    My wife just called and told me that I got a delivery that looked like a poster. Can't wait to get home and take some pics!

Awesome!!! My Munk One arrived with no customs fees. Huzzah!!

The hunt continues to complete the triptych set. 
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:

One up on Ebay from the UK. Already over $500 CAD with shipping. Going to be a hard one to get without breaking the bank. Do you need an AP or SE good enough?
  • ewok pantsewok pants Posts: 309
    Mine arrived in Seattle last night 
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:

One up on Ebay from the UK. Already over $500 CAD with shipping. Going to be a hard one to get without breaking the bank. Do you need an AP or SE good enough?

Pretty much an AP edition to match the other 2 AP's I ordered directly from Dan.
    Too bad he didn't offer up fans who wanted to complete the set dibs who purchased both his first 2 prints.
    Someday I'll secure a copy to complete the set. Someday ..

demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:

Pretty much an AP edition to match the other 2 AP's I ordered directly from Dan.
    Too bad he didn't offer up fans who wanted to complete the set dibs who purchased both his first 2 prints.
    Someday I'll secure a copy to complete the set. Someday ..

Our luck there will be another bridge print and then another lol. I like it at 3. Fits the wall nicely and makes a nice small collection. 
    edited April 2018
    Holy shit that was rolled unbelievable tight. I am not a expert on this stuff but I thought you usually roll it just under the diameter of your tube? This was more like the radius. Shipped in great condition though so what do I know. I feel like I should have had someone else with me trying to lay it flat but think I succeeded with out any damage. Man that was stressful! 
    Post edited by PJNB on
    ^ So tight? That's weird. The other 2 prints were pretty easy to get out. Great care in the packaging. 
    demetrios said:
    ^ So tight? That's weird. The other 2 prints were pretty easy to get out. Great care in the packaging. 
    I should have worded that better. There was plenty of space in the tube for it to move around. I think it was a 3 inch tube and the way it was rolled it could have easily fit into a 2 inch with space to give. Not much of a poster guy but I have never seen it rolled like that before. 
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    I should have worded that better. There was plenty of space in the tube for it to move around. I think it was a 3 inch tube and the way it was rolled it could have easily fit into a 2 inch with space to give. Not much of a poster guy but I have never seen it rolled like that before. 
    Gotcha. I've seen prints rolled up so tight where the tube was so thick enough that the artist could add an additional 2 more rolled  up prints in one shipping tube.

• telctelc Posts: 12
    Mine arrived today. I'm in Australia.  Looks gorgeous!!
  • LN241653LN241653 Cambridge Posts: 163
    The one ebay went for £500, one down one to go.
    LN241653 said:
    The one ebay went for £500, one down one to go.
    Damn! :( 
    Kind of off topic but can someone explain the import charges to me from Ebay. If I am buying a used poster why do I have to pay over 100$ in import charges? I have never bought a poster off Ebay before and thought about putting an offer in on the Sao Paulo just to see what I could get it for but those import charges are ridiculous. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,712
    I think something has changed with u.s postage charges.  It's all gone ridiculous . I sure someone here must know what's going on. Never was a charge
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    edited May 2018
    PJNB said:
    Kind of off topic but can someone explain the import charges to me from Ebay. If I am buying a used poster why do I have to pay over 100$ in import charges? I have never bought a poster off Ebay before and thought about putting an offer in on the Sao Paulo just to see what I could get it for but those import charges are ridiculous. 

Its because the seller is using the global shipping program. It basically covers the customs fees. What happens is the seller ships the item to Ebays Global shipping headquarters, they than mail it out to you and guarantee no addition customs fees when the package arrives to you. My issue with this system is that ...

1) the item gets sent first to get to the Global shipping center and sometimes that location is backtracking from where you might actually live. Making you wait longer to get your item. Plus their handling time if the package.

2) Your paying these extra fees form something you might not have even gotten charged for had they not used the global shipping program. You cant predict if Customs are going to charge you or not for valued package.

You can ask the seller if they would remove the global shipping program from their listing. They might.

I have done this before and some sellers are willing to do so, and others are not.

Post edited by willbarclay on
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    to add to the above, if you do get the seller to remove the global shipping program you might want to ask them what kind of value they will post on the package for customs. Because you will get hit with the customs fees if they put a really high value on it.
  • arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    Or you can ask hem to send as a gift. 
    Thanks for the tips. Saw that the other poster sold as well. Really surprised they are going for this much. Figured they would go up in value over time but doubt they can go up much higher than this. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited May 2018
    Idk. We’ve seen the London AP traded for a grail poster already.  Not sure if these are even close to peaking lol. Nice to see artwork that lives up to the hype.    I just need to get #3 lol

Post edited by cp3iverson on
    In TN here and still haven't received mine.  Anyone else in the States not got theirs yet?
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,327
    Located in MA - nothing on my end either.
    That makes me feel a little better.  I was thinking someone in the Northeast received theirs.
    There is one from Minnesota  on eBay so must have arrived in usa
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Yep, received mine late last week.  Actually I think I got it the day I posted about it here!
    Cool
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07