Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    What was the second one?
    I was sick of sitting by that point and got up after the first one.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    What was the second one?
    Spoilers....

It’s basically just Winter Soldier getting out of a hut and thanking Shuri for healing him. One thing I thought was noteworthy about it was that he was wearing red and blue robes, which I took as a clear hint that he will be taking over the mantle of Captain America soon. 
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    RiotZact said:
    What was the second one?
    Spoilers....

It’s basically just Winter Soldier getting out of a hut and thanking Shuri for healing him. One thing I thought was noteworthy about it was that he was wearing red and blue robes, which I took as a clear hint that he will be taking over the mantle of Captain America soon. 
    Also Spoiler,

the name the children were calling him actually could mean a different future for him that lead to another character from the comics. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    RiotZact said:
    What was the second one?
    Spoilers....

Also Spoiler,

the name the children were calling him actually could mean a different future for him that lead to another character from the comics. 
    This is all interesting. Maybe there is more to that scene than I thought!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    RiotZact said:
    What was the second one?
    Spoilers....

Also Spoiler,

Oh really? What might that be?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Thanks.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    What was the second one?
    Spoilers....

Also Spoiler,

Oh really? What might that be?
    Don't want to spoil it for those yet to see it yet, but google the name the kids called him or the meaning of the post credit scenes and it will explain. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    They are saying it could bring in $225 through the holiday weekend. Insane.

Looks like we have a new premiere property for the MCU. See you later RDJ.

$235
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Finally caught Thor Ragnarok on a flight back from Belize. Great movie! Lots of hilarious one liners. One of my favorite marvel movies so far 
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    jervin007 said:
    Finally caught Thor Ragnarok on a flight back from Belize. Great movie! Lots of hilarious one liners. One of my favorite marvel movies so far 
    yeah i kinda liked it better than Black Panther actually (both were real good though).  He lost so many thing in that movie though (father, hammer, his hair and an eye)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    192 million opening weekend for Black Panther.
    well already at $562 Million in just about a month
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    192 million opening weekend for Black Panther.
    well already at $562 Million in just about a month
    Crazy. It’s probably going to make more money than Avengers this year. In fact, one of the biggest things the Avengers IW has going for it box office-wise is the inclusion of so much BP/Wakanda stuff. 
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    I still need to see Antman, Dr. Strange, New Thor and Black Panther
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    what up, nerds?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I know this is like major jinx territory here, but I really feel like this movie has like a 1% chance of not being awesome. 

Pretty sure one of the “holy trinity” (Cap, IM, Thor) has to die in this movie. I’m predicting that it’s Cap, there’s no way in hell he was actually strong enough to stop Thanos at the end there, I think Thanos is not even trying and just fucking with him, and will just beat the living shit out of him right after what we see there. 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    RiotZact said:
    I know this is like major jinx territory here, but I really feel like this movie has like a 1% chance of not being awesome. 

Pretty sure one of the “holy trinity” (Cap, IM, Thor) has to die in this movie. I’m predicting that it’s Cap, there’s no way in hell he was actually strong enough to stop Thanos at the end there, I think Thanos is not even trying and just fucking with him, and will just beat the living shit out of him right after what we see there. 
    apparently Chris Evans is leaving soon anyway.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/chris-evans-leaving-marvel-avengers-4/

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Getting close now...

Thursday night. Some of the reactions are insane. Can't wait. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    This weekend we rock Portland
    2 more days
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Got my tickets for tomorrow night! Reviews are looking real solid as of right now, 86% on Rotten Tomatoes, not one of the MCUs absolute best but still really high. Plus you know some critics were just chomping at the bit to give this a thumbs down with all of the characters in it. 
    I have tickets for tomorrow night and then again on Sunday morning.

RiotZact said:
    Got my tickets for tomorrow night! Reviews are looking real solid as of right now, 86% on Rotten Tomatoes, not one of the MCUs absolute best but still really high. Plus you know some critics were just chomping at the bit to give this a thumbs down with all of the characters in it. 
    This is so true. If you are seeing critics complain about character development they have missed the point. This is the culmination of ten years of character development throughout a series of films. Which isn't to say the movie cannot have flaws but that one in particular doesn't hold water.

• elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    JimmyV said:
    RiotZact said:
    This is so true. If you are seeing critics complain about character development they have missed the point. This is the culmination of ten years of character development throughout a series of films. Which isn't to say the movie cannot have flaws but that one in particular doesn't hold water.
    Soooooo.....someone like me who has watched maybe 2 or 3 of these movies over the years will be able to follow or is this for straight up hardcore fans.  
    JimmyV said:
    RiotZact said:
    Soooooo.....someone like me who has watched maybe 2 or 3 of these movies over the years will be able to follow or is this for straight up hardcore fans.  
    Which 2 or 3? I would recommend Avengers 1, Captain America: Civil War and Guardians of the Galaxy. If you can follow those I would imagine you'll be able to follow this.

JimmyV said:
    RiotZact said:
    I'm sure you will be able to pick up what is going on. 
    The main critical complaints right now are just that there is too much going on and that it feels too much like part 1 and not enough like it’s own thing.