High resolution photos of posters

Does anybody know where I can get some high res pictures of posters, looking to complete my collection of show I have been to, but I am not going to pay 200 bucks a poster, want to print off so pics of the posters I want but need good quality pics to make it look good, looking for Detroit 1998, 2003, 2014 and buffalo 2013, thanks if any one can help me

Comments

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    I don’t support this. 

But at the same time I get it. Hope you are happy with the end result. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    after around 20 shows i gave up being a completist
    and it's a good space to be in
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    It's only a matter of time before "copies" are all the rage...

#notafan
  • jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 831
    Kind of a weird request. I’m assuming the OP is asking people to take pics of their posters? Might be dabbling in some copyright infringement there. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,743
    edited April 2018
    Total fan of this. Fuck the collectors, if I want a print of a show I went to from the 90s that cost $1000 and I can get it for $20 so be it. Obviously not buying to flip or sell just to display in my garage or something.
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Total fan of this. Fuck the collectors, if I want a print of a show I went to from the 90s that cost $1000 and I can get it for $20 so be it. Obviously not buying to flip or sell just to display in my garage or something.
    Well fuck you too :hug: (Mine is more lighthearted than yours seems to be, I swear) 

Just debated this on facebook with people so I don’t care much more to argue it any longer. But I hope the discussion turns out to be a fun read. 

#fuckthecounterfeits
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    The innocent aspect is awesome and relatable. Problem is that there’s already counterfeits out there because of so many crooks trying to make cash on ebay. It wouldnt help things. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    not cool. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    I think one that will stay in your possession is harmless.  The demand for originals won't change. Minimal effect if any
    Well fuck you too :hug: (Mine is more lighthearted than yours seems to be, I swear) 

Just debated this on facebook with people so I don’t care much more to argue it any longer. But I hope the discussion turns out to be a fun read. 

#fuckthecounterfeits
    I was removed from a few groups because of my stance on it but hey, what do I know?!?
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    more reasons I'm moving on to getting out of collecting merch as this ruins the hunt
    SMH
    I'm close to going back to the 90's where I just worried about new songs, new albums, tour dates and seeing friends

#fuckthecounterfeits
    I was removed from a few groups because of my stance on it but hey, what do I know?!?
    We...we were LOL. 

#fuckthecounterfeits
    We...we were LOL. 
    lol, yes Dave, we.
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    edited April 2018

I am 50/50 on this. As a collector is see the issues. But I also feel the OP's view on it as well. There are bands I like that don't actually do gig posters, but do create a digit art piece for a show. What I have done in the past is printed off my own poster from these shows attended using the digital art.

I use Poster Burner and its worked out alright. You'd have to find the image online, save it and upload it on the poster burner site. Image has to be very clear and the site will tell you how strong the image is for their printers. It shows From good to Excellent.

http://www.posterburner.com/

Also, for the collectors, this site does not produce the same quality as the originals and its obvious. So not much to worry about as far as purchasing fakes.

Post edited by willbarclay on
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Its such a simple and cool request.  Its a shame it has to be dramatized.  There’s just so many “i bought this poster. Is it fake?” posts that ive seen
  • Don't bootleg posters. IBTL
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited April 2018
    Don't bootleg posters. IBTL

:)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited April 2018
    more reasons I'm moving on to getting out of collecting merch as this ruins the hunt
    SMH
    I'm close to going back to the 90's where I just worried about new songs, new albums, tour dates and seeing friends
    I don't think that collecting stuff should be "a hunt". It's weird to begin with. And so cliche. Limited edition items and shit feels so out of date.
    But agree with not buying bootlegs etc.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    Don't bootleg posters. IBTL

:)
    I DON'T HAVE THAT GCF POSTER!!!  ISO!!!
  • angry_skullangry_skull Posts: 321
    Print them smaller and frame for cheap. Same feeling of nostalgia, obviously they are not real, and you save space on the wall to put up more.
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    As an artist, I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't bother me if someone copied my work without asking permission. I've actually had a guy with a small home brew operation use my work on their label without asking me. I was pissed.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    SMH
    I don't think that collecting stuff should be "a hunt". It's weird to begin with. And so cliche. Limited edition items and shit feels so out of date.
    part of the fun of collecting is the chase...the hunt.
    when stuff starts getting bootlegged, fanmade, copied, whatever..it ruins it. for the artist and the fan.  imagine 3 derivative owners from now of that illegal Pitt 13 poster on Facebook being debated not knowing its a fake or a phony and they dropped $500 on it or something.  Ruins the spirit of collecting from so many directions
    As an artist, I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't bother me if someone copied my work without asking permission. I've actually had a guy with a small home brew operation use my work on their label without asking me. I was pissed.
    The difference is that in this case you can't go to the artist and say "I would like to pay for one of your posters to hang on my wall". It's a limited item pretty much exclusively available at the specific concert.

It's not like buying a burnt DVD from some counterfeit market instead of buying it from Amazon.

Just to play the devils advocate.
    Print them smaller and frame for cheap. Same feeling of nostalgia, obviously they are not real, and you save space on the wall to put up more.
    Or buy a book from the artist and cut out that print.  Ames has a book, Sperry, Stout do too.
    SMH
    If everything was easy to obtain then collecting wouldn't be any fun...
    edited April 2018
    SMH
    when stuff starts getting bootlegged, fanmade, copied, whatever..it ruins it. for the artist and the fan.  imagine 3 derivative owners from now of that illegal Pitt 13 poster on Facebook being debated not knowing its a fake or a phony and they dropped $500 on it or something.  Ruins the spirit of collecting from so many directions
    Yes. I do not disagree with that.

But I don't think things should be made "limited" just for the hell of doing it "limited" to begin with. In general. Don't see the benefits for fans. Not counting for the few who gets something out of this overpriced "hunt" you are talking about. But this is offtopic.

Just don't like the idea of fans having to "hunt".
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    SMH

I guess everyone has different definitions of fun.  Chasing down merch being sold wayyyy above face value is not fun.  At all.  

Obviously bootlegging posters and selling them is not cool, but I don't see the harm in creating your own print to hang up for yourself.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited April 2018
    Just do a Search on the Internet...download the Picture and go to your chosen Photo Centre...
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    edited April 2018
    I guess everyone has different definitions of fun.  Chasing down merch being sold wayyyy above face value is not fun.  At all.  

Obviously bootlegging posters and selling them is not cool, but I don't see the harm in creating your own print to hang up for yourself.
    I agree that reproducing someone's artistic work without their permission is not cool; additionally, people reselling this same artwork way above face value is also slimey in my opinion. 

Another rather obvious perspective is that many people/fans/10C members never want to see the day that Pearl Jam posters and other miscellaneous items start being mass produced due to the fact that this would reduce their materialistic sense of self-worth. What! I can no longer re-sell my $40 concert poster to a fellow fan for a ridiculous mark-up!  ..... I can't come to these boards to re-sell an artist's artwork, at prices that I would shame if the artists chose similar prices at their original point of sale!  Oh, the humanity ;)
    Post edited by BF89905 on
  • igotshitigotshit Posts: 23
    Everybody needs to relax a bit, I just want to finish my collection of posters of shows I have been too, not looking to sell them, and I have looked all over the internet to find them but some can’t not be foubd
This discussion has been closed.