PRAGUE - tips, hints, beers, meet ups... etc ...

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Is that something you were thinking of after the show?
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    I’d probably go on the 29th/30th, but would definitely be interested in going after the show if they were close to the venue and open.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    I’d probably go on the 29th/30th, but would definitely be interested in going after the show if they were close to the venue and open.
    30th is the party dude!!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    edited April 2018
    75 DAYS!!!!!!

75 DAYS
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Need to buy hostel tonight. Keep forgetting. 

Where is everyone staying?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Miss.SnowdropMiss.Snowdrop Scotland Posts: 192
    Need to buy hostel tonight. Keep forgetting. 

Where is everyone staying?
    I am staying at Sir Toby's https://www.sirtobys.com/
    I loved the fact that it's not in right in the centre which gives the chance to explore another part of town. But I am pretty sure it has direct public transport to the venue.  And it has its own pub  ;)
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,356
    I've been totally out of the loop these last few weeks with going to New Orleans for Wrestlemania.  Now I need to start properly planning for this damn tour :)

I can't remember, where do I look for booking overnight trains? Is it too soon to book yet?
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
    The Rock said:
    I've been totally out of the loop these last few weeks with going to New Orleans for Wrestlemania.  Now I need to start properly planning for this damn tour :)

I can't remember, where do I look for booking overnight trains? Is it too soon to book yet?
    Too soon it looks like and there are not many options. There is a direct night bus from Prague to Krakow and there is a night train from Krakow to Berlin with a stop in Warsaw. 
  • nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    A little late to this party but my wife and I are returning to Praha for PJ on Canada Day!

Nice, there will be a good Canadian contingent at that show for sure (myself included).
    Awesome.  We are staying in the Archibald at Charles Bridge.  In reading the posts we should be close by for the get together?
    We have been to Prague once before but it was only one night (after seeing PJ in Vienna in 2015).  We look forward to spending a little more time there!
    That's a pretty good location. I'm staying at the Ahoy hostel, close to the old town and direct subway access to the venue.
    I've been to Prague once before as well and I would suggest going up to the castle and taking in the views from up there!
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

70 days bump! 

I read on the Prague Facebook group that you can not buy posters and put them in tubes outside the venue and bring them into the O2 arena for security reasons. A couple of shows this month have implemented this rule. Is anyone here bringing their car to the venue or have a place that I can stash my poster before the show? I will be in GA and using the early entry that 10 club is giving us so I will not be able to buy one inside unless there are posters left over after the show. 
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    PJNB said:
    70 days bump! 

I read on the Prague Facebook group that you can not buy posters and put them in tubes outside the venue and bring them into the O2 arena for security reasons. A couple of shows this month have implemented this rule. Is anyone here bringing their car to the venue or have a place that I can stash my poster before the show? I will be in GA and using the early entry that 10 club is giving us so I will not be able to buy one inside unless there are posters left over after the show. 
    This happened to me at Stockholm.  I had to throw away the tube before entering.  I was able to have someone buy me a tube that bought merch on the inside.  I got lucky, I guess. 
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    PJNB said:
    70 days bump! 

Oh I haven't seen this. I wonder whether clear tubes would be permitted?
    PJNB said:
    70 days bump! 

I doubt it since the poster would conceal the inner part of the tube anyway. You would think if you left the ends open that it would be ok to enter with. Just hoping someone is able to hold the poster somewheres for me or hoping it is so ugly that I will not want to buy it lol. 
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    70 days bump! 

I doubt it since the poster would conceal the inner part of the tube anyway. You would think if you left the ends open that it would be ok to enter with. Just hoping someone is able to hold the poster somewheres for me or hoping it is so ugly that I will not want to buy it lol. 
    Oh yeh, being dumb.  Hopefully they'll be rubbish posters and you'll get to save some money too 
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Hey I'm looking to book a train from Prague to Krakow.  Looks like it's $55 cnd for 1st class compared to $23 for 2nd class.

Is is it worth it?
    edited April 2018
    Red Lukin said:
    Hey I'm looking to book a train from Prague to Krakow.  Looks like it's $55 cnd for 1st class compared to $23 for 2nd class.

Is is it worth it?
    Looking like a lot are going the first class route. Not sure if it is worth it for you or not though. I am still undecided if I am doing a night bus or going on the 10:24 direct train to Krakow with the others. Here is the thread. http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/269983/europe-tour-routing-transportation#latest
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Thanks man - first class it is!
    I have just booked hostel in Prague!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    How long did the train take between Prague and Krakow, 6hours?
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    Yeah, around 6-7 hours.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    Yeah, around 6-7 hours.
    Buying a planeticket instead of just taking a train will bite me in the ass. Bad decision.
    Yeah, around 6-7 hours.
    Buying a planeticket instead of just taking a train will bite me in the ass. Bad decision.
    You're flying from Prague to Krakow?
    2012 – Manchester II
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I'm flying.  Looking back a train ride would have been more fun and relaxing. 
    How much was it for the flight?
    2012 – Manchester II
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    Yeah, around 6-7 hours.
    You're flying from Prague to Krakow?
    Yes. Bout the planeticket before the ticket contest even started. Was afraid to be left out and didn't know about the easY
    -pieces train.

Wished I would have waited. But whatever.SpinTheLastExit said:
    How much was it for the flight?
    I think I paid like 80-85 dollars.
    edited April 2018
    We're booked at Hotel Arko, which seems to be in P9.  Any thoughts?  Is it a decent location?

Also, seen Hotel Golden City-garni which is in P3 for similar price. Has decent reviews, and 11 mins by car/taxi/uber to the arena.  Reviews say tram stop is right near the hotel to get us most places, so is this a good option?
    Post edited by The Rock on
    If anyones still in town on 2nd and fancies a few beers? My train isn't until 2200 that evening. 
    If anyones still in town on 2nd and fancies a few beers? My train isn't until 2200 that evening. 
    We still haven't decided what w, e're doing yet.  Original plan was the overnight train on the 2nd, but then the talk of a direct day train is very appealing.  But in the transport thread they're saying there may be two transfers now so I'm not keen on that.

Back to square one!
    The Rock said:
    We still haven't decided what w, e're doing yet.  Original plan was the overnight train on the 2nd, but then the talk of a direct day train is very appealing.  But in the transport thread they're saying there may be two transfers now so I'm not keen on that.

Back to square one!
    Yeh, i figured I'd prefer to take the night train as i only arrive on the day of the show so having the day in Prague on the 2nd works better for me 
    So, we're staying at Golden City Hotel Garni.  Google Maps tells me that there is a tram stop 1 minute's walk away and then I can get the 92 tram straight to Multiarena Praha which is the stop for the venue I believe.

However, Idoz.cz says there are two changes on the journey.  Does anyone know which is correct?