Western media lies about Syria exposed (Canadian journalist Eva Bartlett)

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    polaris_x said:
    dignin said:
    To suggest that all these gas attacks are faked and that all these governments and independent media organizations are in on it would mean a conspiracy so vast that it involves thousands of people. Including many journalists who I have come to respect over dozens of years of reporting. For what exactly? I'm just not buying it. 
    There are no international media on the ground in syria - that is the basis of the original video in the original post.  The international media are getting there information from inside Lebanon or Turkey.  
    This is total bullshit... I'm flipping through several news providers tonight and they ALL have reporters on the ground in Syria, currently as we speak... why do you keep saying there are no international journalists in Syria? It doesn't even make sense or pass a basic smell test, of course there are international journalists in Syria... Vice on fucking HBO has done reports from Syria for god's sake

You are ingesting fake news my friend

Well the title of the thread “Western media lies about Syria”... and your example of international media is HBO.  
    Yes, every single western journalist is working for the CIA and in on the conspiracy!!! Lol, c'mon man

I was pointing out that even HBO is in the ground... as is almost every other news organization... 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The CBC is also western media...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    my2hands said:
    The Canadian government has joined the massive conspiracy.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

What does the CBC have to gain by lying about gas attacks in Syria?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    So ... literally the day before the OPCW could legitimately investigate the latest chemical attack claims ... the same old US/UK crew send missile strikes killing innocent civilians left and right ... these missiles are flying in indiscriminately - they aren't even focused on military targets ... they are landing in Civilian areas ... it's Iraq all oer fucking again

I beg you people to open your eyes!!  This is another unilateral regime change fuck over another country war!!!!.

WHY COULDN'T YOU WAIT ONE FUCKING DAY!?  Anyone with half a fucking brain would figure out because they knew there would be no evidence.

The blood of many are once again laid at the feet of those who support war mongering nations
    the fact that the mainstream media still peddles the lies of the previous chemical attacks is further proof of this fucking crap ... each and everyone of the previous chemical attacks have been proven to be false and perpetrated by terrorists groups ... this is why they launch missiles before the OPCW could investigate!!

use your fucking brains ... Assad's been fighting a 7 year war against terrorists and he's just about to win and he's gonna launch a chemical attack on his citizens ... I love how you guys keep saying 7 years of well documented proof when there is no such thing ... only fabricated stuff from terrorists groups like the white helmets ...

remember - the only way to have people support war is to vilify it's leader ... you make the boogeyman as bad as possible and the people will be ok with it ... it's how you justify all these crippling sanctions all over the world ... assholes ..

this is the footage of missile strikes against a supposed chemical weapons lab ... you will see no protective clothing needed to document because there are no chemical weapons ... there was an joint task force between Syria and international countries to destroy all chemical weapons stockpiles years ago ...

Dude... seriously... you guys have a one track brain

I was pointing out your boy Trudeau supports the strikes... that is all I was doing... so maybe you can stop pointing the finger at just America and Americans...
    footage of Syrian people gathering in Damascus flying russian and syrian flags ..

People - please stop for a minute and think critically ... if indeed the US/UK launched strikes at chemical weapons stores - that would be mass catastrophe for everyone within proximity and wind blowing distance ... chemical weapons don't get destroyed - they just release the chemicals into the air ... it would affect neighbouring countries, US forces currently with established bases there, etc...
    polaris_x said:
    the fact that the mainstream media still peddles the lies of the previous chemical attacks is further proof of this fucking crap ... each and everyone of the previous chemical attacks have been proven to be false and perpetrated by terrorists groups ... this is why they launch missiles before the OPCW could investigate!!

use your fucking brains ... Assad's been fighting a 7 year war against terrorists and he's just about to win and he's gonna launch a chemical attack on his citizens ... I love how you guys keep saying 7 years of well documented proof when there is no such thing ... only fabricated stuff from terrorists groups like the white helmets ...

remember - the only way to have people support war is to vilify it's leader ... you make the boogeyman as bad as possible and the people will be ok with it ... it's how you justify all these crippling sanctions all over the world ... assholes ..

Dude... nobody here is cheering these strikes... literally nobody... stop with your grandstanding and preaching

I'm just pointing out your narrative is total horseshit... you dont even recognize that there were protests in Syria at one point during the Arab spring or that any international reporters have been in Syria at any time over the past 7 years... that's just so ridiculous it's a total non starter at this point

You've been thoroughly washed by fake news bro, there is no point in me wasting any more time... Syria was the garden of Eden... Assad is a great man just fighting evil terrorists and has done nothing wrong... and he totally won a legitimate election with 80% of the vote... just like Putin... (after they fucking wiped out their rivals and dissenters)

The entire international media, and every international journslists is in on the conspiracy... is total lunacy 

If America wanted regime change all along, it wouldn't take 7 fucking years, trust me... my guess is it's the exact opposite and they dont mind him remaining in power for some reason, otherwise he'd be gone like the rest of them by now

And is Assad is so well liked... and he is the good guy that enjoys support....

Why are there so many refugees that have fled? Wouldn't they stay and defend the mighty Assad?

Stop sucking down propaganda YouTube videos, its frying your brain 
    my2hands said:
    And is Assad is so well liked... and he is the good guy that enjoys support....

Why are there so many refugees that have fled? Wouldn't they stay and defend the mighty Assad?

Stop sucking down propaganda YouTube videos, its frying your brain 
    dude ... if terrorists groups infiltrated your neighbourhood - would you stay!!??

why can't you wait one day for the OPCW report? ... answer some of MY questions ... you keep repeating the same things ...

the US/UK history of regime change has no bearing in your thinking here? ... it's the same old shit ...

i'm also assuming after several days of this - You STILL haven't bothered to read or listen to what I posted ... because at NO time in these conversations have you tried to rationally or objectively tried to dispute any of it ...

it's like me saying global warming is real and here's my proof and you say ... well cnn says its false so there ...
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    polaris_x said:
    People - please stop for a minute and think critically ... if indeed the US/UK launched strikes at chemical weapons stores - that would be mass catastrophe for everyone within proximity and wind blowing distance ... chemical weapons don't get destroyed - they just release the chemicals into the air ... it would affect neighbouring countries, US forces currently with established bases there, etc...
    They had like s whole weeks notice plenty of time to move so called chemicals , I agree with you on the grandstanding by this administration I don’t want any bombs falling on innocent people , but I’m not gonna agree with you on Assad being a good guy he’s had plenty of time to bring peace to his people ! So who’s responsible for over half million civilians dead and over three million displaced? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    my2hands said:
    the UN security council is a joke ... has the ICC ever gone after any US/UK member!?? ... you telling me objectively that no US/UK person ever committed a war crime!??
    my2hands said:
    Just read this and tell me its bullshit so I can move on with my life
    polaris_x said:
    They had like s whole weeks notice plenty of time to move so called chemicals , I agree with you on the grandstanding by this administration I don’t want any bombs falling on innocent people , but I’m not gonna agree with you on Assad being a good guy he’s had plenty of time to bring peace to his people ! So who’s responsible for over half million civilians dead and over three million displaced? 
    one word:  Terrorists!! ... he's fighting a war against terrorists! ... it's why 80% of the syrian people live in gov't controlled areas ... if the people of syria were really against assad - do you not think this so called civil war would have been over long ago? ... it's the same terrorists that occupy swaths of iraq and libya now ...

seriously, if you truly want to know the answer to this ... you can't rely on the mainstream media ... if you are anti-war and believe in peace ... you need to look at all the evidence ... don't be lazy like some others here and just dismiss what people are writing and documenting all over the world ... if your mind is set that Assad is a murderous dictator - then like others here, there is nothing anyone can do ... but please don't report to care about the syrian people if you can't take the time to hear from all sides ...

both the US and Canadian peace councils who have visited syria both support Assad and Syria in this so called war ...

also remember that leaked US intelligence way back when already talked about overthrowing these countries ...
    also ... fuck democracy now and human rights watch ... all these so called organizations get state funding ...
    polaris_x said:
    footage of Syrian people gathering in Damascus flying russian and syrian flags ..

This proves what? That after years of crushing dissent there are pro Assad people in Syria? Every leader has some kevel.of support... fucking Donal Trump has 40% approval... he would have plenty of folks cheering in the streets as well...  as did Hitler and any other leader you can think of... can you verify 5his is legit and not staged propaganda? Both sides are capable of that you know?

You are clearly just sucking down propaganda videos and you refuse to acknowledge what's really going on... it's cool, you would be fine in Syria as an Assad supporter, you probably wouldn't get tortured or murdered
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Just read this and tell me its bullshit so I can move on with my life
    see below for rebuttal ... if you submitted that report as an academic in a university - they would fail you ... also look up Suzanne Nossel ... she was exec director of Amnesty USA for like a year ... she came from the State Department ... like this is factual ... easy to look up ... someone from the STate department which is responsible for all the covert actions all over the world went to become head of Amnesty USA ... amnesty is like human rights watch and many so called humanitarian organizations ... they receive funding from gov't states ...

https://timhayward.wordpress.com/2017/01/23/amnesty-internationals-war-crimes-in-syria/

my2hands said:
    polaris_x said:

This proves what? That after years of crushing dissent there are pro Assad people in Syria? Every leader has some kevel.of support... fucking Donal Trump has 40% approval... he would have plenty of folks cheering in the streets as well...  as did Hitler and any other leader you can think of... can you verify 5his is legit and not staged propaganda? Both sides are capable of that you know?

You are clearly just sucking down propaganda videos and you refuse to acknowledge what's really going on... it's cool, you would be fine in Syria as an Assad supporter, you probably wouldn't get tortured or murdered
    again ... like i said in a previous post ... you can call me all the names you want ... i know whom I support here and why ... i also know that I've done significantly more research on this matter than you ...

you haven't bothered to read or listen to the stuff I posted correct?  why?  who do you ultimately care for most in this conflict ... is it the Syrian people or the image of America? ... if it's the Syrian people - the least you could do is read and listen ...

this is what we know ... US/UK with a history of illegal wars and foreign intervention launch missile strikes the day before the OPCW could report ... what's your rational?
    polaris_x said:
    sorry ... just on your first point - then why bomb those places if there are no chemical weapons there ... and why tell people you are bombing chemical weapons depots and factories?
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    edited April 2018
    The mainstream media, American government, Russian government, Syrian government, and Daesh, all have vested interests in pushing their agendas. All of them have acted in disingenuous ways and have shown efforts to complicate the way situations would be perceived in their immediate pasts. Because of this, Occam's Razor can't guide a course of action because all players can be presumed to be consciously complicating, confusing, and conflating the reality.

Depending on who's correct in their published position, bombing campaigns will have different outcomes. I would really love to hear one single rational explanation for how external parties' bombings of Syria will amount to improvements to the livelihoods of Syrians, how it is determined whose position is correct, and what risks reside if source information is proven invalid after the fact (meaning the wrong source is assumed correct). If these cannot be reasonably expressed, what right do any external parties have to be the global police force?

I've read, and it really feels like in the battle for Syria's future, everything except Syrians get considered.
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    So 2 blog posts by who knows who is your response and proof that 7 years of atrocities are a hoax and the entire international media and governmental body is in on it, except for Russia & China... 

So they just made up mass torture... mass executions... targeting civilian areas... crushing dissent... and everything else between

Sweet, have a good day. Tell Ron Paul I said wassup
    edited April 2018
    polaris_x said:
    Oh. My. God. 

A woman with an interest, a degree, and career in political science and geopolitics took a job at Amnesty International. Holy shit, this is the smoking gun! 

Taking a better job in the field you are interested in and work in does not make you evil or some global conspirator. That's called having a career. 

And she was only there for a year? LOL

Post edited by my2hands on