2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJNB said:
    What I could see happening would be Thursday/Saturday shows. September 6/8 shows with plenty of time for the crew to get the field together for the Phillies on Monday. 
    You think that is enough time to get to Philly from Boston?
    It s a five hour drive. Plenty of time .
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I sure 93.3 wmmr has their radio shows podcasted.
    I was driving to work at 8:30 am so if someone can find the pod cast from this morning you can hear for yourself. Would have to be said between 8:30 am - 8:50 am after can’t deny me. 

Today's show is not up yet. Yesterday's show is up, so i think they put them up after midnight?
    Nothing else from Wmmr?
  • pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Smells like bullshit
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I think they would have announced and sold them with the other stadium dates... people spend a bunch to travel to see this band, and they know that

Maybe he has info crossed up and it's the arena, that would make sense... If there are shows in philly I think it would be arena shows to coincide with an album release & arena tour leg
  • Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    edited April 2018
    I got a response on Twitter. 

• pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    Damn that sucks ! 
    Mikemzl91 said:
    I got a response on Twitter. 

Apparently not as is they can’t confirm at this moment?
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

I know I am out of current music when Huey Lewis and The News the 3rd most interesting band on that list to me (behind Chvrches and Beck). 

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876

I know I am out of current music when Huey Lewis and The News the 3rd most interesting band on that list to me (behind Chvrches and Beck). 

There's only one band on there that I have/would pay to see, and he's in line 14 of the lineup.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

Ben Folds on cancelling Concerts in NC because of the HB2 bill:

Where do you stand on playing or not playing concerts in North Carolina in response to the bathroom bill, like Springsteen and other artists? 
    I'm not going to have a gig in North Carolina then cancel the gig. Then a bunch of people took off work, bought tickets, planned to drive to my show. Then they can't, because I canceled the show. Some of those people may have actually been the ones that voted down HB2. 

PJ- time to get yo' asses back to NC. seeya here in 2019.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    107.1 The Peak in Ct and NYC mentioned today that PJ will release a new album and then do a regular tour in US afterwards.  Sometime after the stadium shows. No specifics but he did say there would be something local for us in the NY area. I'm pretty sure it was Jimmy Fink.

Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    These radio station guys all sound like they are speculating the same as we are.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    JimmyV said:
    These radio station guys all sound like they are speculating the same as we are.
    Agree!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Sprunkn7 said:
    107.1 The Peak in Ct and NYC mentioned today that PJ will release a new album and then do a regular tour in US afterwards.  Sometime after the stadium shows. No specifics but he did say there would be something local for us in the NY area. I'm pretty sure it was Jimmy Fink.

That's what I think is going down... wrap up in Boston... head to NYC for all of the normal album release propaganda... album drop... kick off the  tour in with an eastern leg in September... take off October for Ed... Western tour in November/December...

Just like 2013 and Lightning Bolt, except this is 7 Stadium Shows instead of 1... play a few new songs at the stadiums to build hype and sell digital singles leading up to the release... 

my2hands said:
    Sprunkn7 said:

That's what I think is going down... wrap up in Boston... head to NYC for all of the normal album release propaganda... album drop... kick off the  tour in with an eastern leg in September... take off October for Ed... Western tour in November/December...

Just like 2013 and Lightning Bolt, except this is 7 Stadium Shows instead of 1... play a few new songs at the stadiums to build hype and sell digital singles leading up to the release... 

Hopefully we get some details soon!!
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    I wonder if they will release another single before the Europe tour.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    They know the details of a tour and album release coming shortly everyone is leaking bits and pieces. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 782
    I want to believe this album is coming sooner rather than after the ballparks.  Otherwise, the release of a single 6 months in advance seems puzzling.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Really doubt anything else is coming this year. No info to go on saying that just seems odd to have this summer tour and not have anything said about something in the fall. 2013 they said there was more to come with the Wrigley and London announcement. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 782
    edited April 2018
    PJNB said:
    Really doubt anything else is coming this year. No info to go on saying that just seems odd to have this summer tour and not have anything said about something in the fall. 2013 they said there was more to come with the Wrigley and London announcement. 
    Agree.  I think big stuff in 2019, but would be surprised at more US dates and even more time on the road in 2018.
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    my2hands said:
    Sprunkn7 said:

Would be nice, but they didn’t do a summer Europe tour in 2013. Guessing album release late 2018, followed by Australia early 2019. Then full US/Can tour also in 2019.

I wouldnt mind checking out Tyler Childers. I really like a few of his songs ive heard.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    chiefnjk said:
    my2hands said:
    Sprunkn7 said:

Would be nice, but they didn’t do a summer Europe tour in 2013. Guessing album release late 2018, followed by Australia early 2019. Then full US/Can tour also in 2019.
    I still think we’ll get an album before europe. Why would they release a single in March then wait 7 months to put out an album. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

I was thinking maybe another single before the Europe tour then drop the album before the stadium shows.
    Wouldnt they want the fans to have a chance to familiarize themselves with a new album before playing songs from it live? Would they drop a whole album a couple days before a show? 

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    RS151862 said:
    chiefnjk said:
    my2hands said:
    Sprunkn7 said:

I still think we’ll get an album before europe. Why would they release a single in March then wait 7 months to put out an album. 
    Ole?
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I know Lightning Bolt wasn't released until after the Pittsburgh & Buffalo shows in 2013...
    I'm thinking October 15th was the actual release date,
    but we didn't have the whole album until after the first 2 shows of the tour!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    derbydave said:
    I know Lightning Bolt wasn't released until after the Pittsburgh & Buffalo shows in 2013...
    I'm thinking October 15th was the actual release date,
    but we didn't have the whole album until after the first 2 shows of the tour!!
    There must have been "leaks" beforehand as I remember knowing these songs at the Buffalo show I attended.

(I promise that I went out an bought the actual album/CD afterwards! It's still in its cellophane wrap!)
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    LB was released before the 2013 East Coast tour started.