The Big 5 College Basketball Thread

Comments

• How do you lose to St. John's?
    ask Coach K?
    I'm through with screaming
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    not really big 5, but philly related college basketball.  Drexel overcomes a 34 point deficit to beat Delaware (largest comeback in division 1 b-ball)

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22549481/drexel-sets-men-division-1-record-comeback-win-overcoming-34-point-first-half-deficit-beat-delaware

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    So Villanova signed a dude that decommitted from Arizona and is likely a guy that was getting $150k? That seems like a really odd signing for Nova. Why associate yourself with him if there’s a good chance he won’t even be eligible? 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I’ve had tickets to Big East Championship game for a while. Can breathe a sigh of relief now 

GO CATS
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Penn gets in there although as a 16 seed.  Was kinda hoping Penn St. would make it also but didn't think they would.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    What's that 3rd tourney after the NCAA and NIT? Maybe Lasalle will make that? Hahahahaha. Get rid of Doc G!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Doc G is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope this news doesn't frighten Nova tonight.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    JK_Livin said:
    Doc G is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    surprised but sounds like a mutual parting of the ways.  Not sure who LaSalle can hire though. How much can they pay a new coach if they are selling off Art works for money? 

One name that is intriguing to me is Jeff Neubauer. I know Fordham has sucked (as they always do) but I have been impressed by his coaching there and he is a LaSalle alum.  Who else?  Joe Mihalich - would he leave Hofstra for there?  Billy Lange who is with the Sixers now and used to be a Nova assistant?  Going to be interesting to see.
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:
    surprised but sounds like a mutual parting of the ways.  Not sure who LaSalle can hire though. How much can they pay a new coach if they are selling off Art works for money? 

One name that is intriguing to me is Jeff Neubauer. I know Fordham has sucked (as they always do) but I have been impressed by his coaching there and he is a LaSalle alum.  Who else?  Joe Mihalich - would he leave Hofstra for there?  Billy Lange who is with the Sixers now and used to be a Nova assistant?  Going to be interesting to see.
    I know from a former another player that Legler wants the job. Not sure of his qualifications though.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

“Jalen has the calmness of Randy, the toughness of Kyle, the energy of Scottie and the competitiveness of Ryan,’’

-Mike Nardi

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited March 2018
    The Fixer said:
    saw nova was down by 10+ late in the game. had to check my calendar...thought it was march already. love it...

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/142839/the-2013-14-big-5-college-basketball-thread/p52

Here we are a couple years and a couple Final Fours, one championship and playing for another next weekend

God bless The Fixer. I wonder if he will ever post in this thread again?

GO NOVA.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ONE
    MORE
    GAME
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Biggest favorite since Duke in 2010....Go Cats
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Good luck Juggler. Probably won't watch much of it because I expect another 22-4 start. Get this over with so LaSalle can hopefully hire Ashley Howard, again!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Biggest favorite since Duke in 2010....Go Cats
    Good luck! If Nova wins, I come in 2nd in my office pool, which does include a pay out! Plus I've hated Michigan ever since the Fab Five so please, please win. 
    Biggest favorite since Duke in 2010....Go Cats
    Good luck! If Nova wins, I come in 2nd in my office pool, which does include a pay out! Plus I've hated Michigan ever since the Fab Five so please, please win. 

I loved the Fab Five!
    chinese-happy.jpg

Officially nervous.

Nobody is picking Michigan. All I'm seeing, everywhere, is Nova by double digits.

I don't think I've ever been a fan of such an overwhelming favorite....like, in any sport....it's quite an unusual feeling.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Biggest favorite since Duke in 2010....Go Cats

I loved the Fab Five!
    Time out! :lol: Probably the only time I've ever pulled for the Heels.
    Congrats.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Duke
    UNC
    UCONN
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Michigan State
    Indiana
    VILLANOVA

^
    Only schools with 3 or more championships under their belts.

BLUE BLOODS BABY! NOVA!

chinese-happy.jpg
    they were the best team all year and dominated in the tournament.  I was telling a friend last night they have turned into what Duke was into the 1990s. best program, players play harder than anyone else, best coach and asshole fan base. Only difference is Jay is a lot more likable and humble than Coach K was. What Jay has turned them into is amazing.

The Fixer said:
    saw nova was down by 10+ late in the game. had to check my calendar...thought it was march already. love it...

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/142839/the-2013-14-big-5-college-basketball-thread/p52

IT'S.
    APRIL.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Duke
    UNC
    UCONN
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Michigan State
    Indiana
    VILLANOVA

^

BLUE BLOODS BABY! NOVA!

Michigan State only has 2 tournament championships.

You also forgot UCLA, the school that has the most championships.
    Duke
    UNC
    UCONN
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Michigan State
    Indiana
    VILLANOVA

^

BLUE BLOODS BABY! NOVA!

Michigan State only has 2 tournament championships.

You also forgot UCLA, the school that has the most championships.

Touche...and Louisville had 3 until one was vacated
    chinese-happy.jpg
    the only thing dumber than letting a 14-15 year old tweet is someone bringing up tweets from a 14-15 year old 6 years later.  I hate Nova but this Divencenzo tweet shit is ridiculous. should be a non-story but unfortunately this is the current world we live in.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    pjhawks said:
    the only thing dumber than letting a 14-15 year old tweet is someone bringing up tweets from a 14-15 year old 6 years later.  I hate Nova but this Divencenzo tweet shit is ridiculous. should be a non-story but unfortunately this is the current world we live in.
    I know. I got a Yahoo notification on my phone this morning and I was like.... really?  This is what we're concentrating on? The University really didn't do any favors by releasing the "hacked account" statement, either.  Just brings more attention.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

On the coaching staff of two out of the last three National Champions.

Seems like a good hire!

chinese-happy.jpg