ISO Wrigley GA 1 ticket either night. (Please read my story :) )

RB274157RB274157 Chicago Posts: 227
edited March 2018 in Given To Fly (live)
I am from Argentina, I've seen PJ here every time they played in Buenos Aires and once in Chile. I've been trying to catch them in the US forever but my trips are always planned before or after tours (I can't decide when to go). 
My husband is from the US and he has been living in Chicago since september, but I'm stuck in Argentina waiting for my green card (which is taking way longer than it should since it got delayed with the Trump administration). I can go visit him with my italian passport but only for 3 months. And I am planning my next visit around the wrigley shows so I can have a show this  year. 

I don't want a free ticket, I can pay for it, I tried to get it every way I could but I was out of luck and I can't afford the crazy prices people ask online. I can barely afford the plane ticket to get there tbh. Greencards are expensive, trust me!

I am hoping for a miracle, as I know GA is the hardest to get but I will sleep outside Wrigley if I have to to get to the rail with my Argentine flag (I'll hold a spot for the seller if that's allowed :P ). This flag that has a lot of history with Ed in particular. We started this tradition on the first show in Argentina, it was me and 11 other fans. With time it ended up being just me and my dear friend Viky, since we llive in the same city, we always get together before shows and decide what to put on the flag and paint it while listening to the previous show. Every time they played here we got the flag to Ed one way or another. in 2015 we got to talk to him outside his hotel and he thanked us for the flag, told us it was his absolute favorite and that he had 'the whole collection'. Of course this year we painted a new one, but there was no show to go to, so we gave it to him when he came out to greet fans on Monday. He told us he still has them all 'in the laundry room of the house next door' (I know, weird place for a souvenir) and that he recognizes it every time he sees them at shows. 

I want to go to wrigley and bring a new flag with a new message: Come Back. 

My husband is a Cubs fan and he has turned me into a fan as well, we have always been in LOVE with chicago. It's the only other place where I'd die to be able to see Pearl Jam at. 

I really, really want this, more than anything. This cancelled show was heartbreaking for all of us, and it came at a time where I really really needed it. Being apart from my husband for so long is the hardest thing I've gone through and the show was going to be a bright day in a very dark year, I can't just accept that I won't get a show this tour. 

Please please please keep me in mind if the person you are going with bails out. I promise it will be worth it! I would be forever grateful to you!

Here's my conversation with ed from Monday> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD5WySxAYW4
Romy Bianchi
'Your light made us stars'
Argentina '05 '11 '13 '15 and the infamous '18 no-show
Chile '13
Wrigley '18

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• RB274157RB274157 Chicago Posts: 227
     :s 
    Romy Bianchi
    Chile '13
    Wrigley '18

Ok last bump of the week....... Don't hate me. 
    Romy Bianchi
    Chile '13
    Wrigley '18

• lukemil33lukemil33 Vandalia, OH Posts: 231
    Wish I could help bump!
    lukemil33 said:
    Wish I could help bump!
    Thank you so much Luke! 
    Romy Bianchi
    Chile '13
    Wrigley '18

• jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 831
    edited April 2018
    Wow. You met the whole band? That’s amazing. Good luck with your search. 
    Post edited by jpdannabelle on
    ...........and Evelyn 

Wow. You met the whole band? That’s amazing. Good luck with your search. 
    Yes I did, I always feel weird about standing outside their hotel when they are in Argentina but every year they come out to greet us so I guess it's not too bad on their side. They wouldn't do anything if they didn't feel like. I have seen Mike every time they came to Argentina, maybe stone and matt too, Jeff not so much and Ed  only the last 2 times. I only asked for autographs the first time in 2005, after that all I do is either request a song or just shake their hand and thank them. I don't ever ask for pictures or anything else (well I did ask Jeff for a pick but that was because he was handing them out :p ). 

Thank you! Fingers crossed!

Romy Bianchi
    Chile '13
    Wrigley '18

I got my plane tickets, I'll be there... now I just need to get in. Bump!
    Romy Bianchi
    Chile '13
    Wrigley '18

I know no one cares but I'm in Chicago, still looking for a ticket.... 
    Romy Bianchi
    Chile '13
    Wrigley '18

• jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 831
    RB274157 said:
    Lol. We care, don’t say that. Be hopeful. I’m still looking for a ticket to Wrigley too. WE WILL be there!!
    ...........and Evelyn 

RB274157 said:
    Lol. We care, don’t say that. Be hopeful. I’m still looking for a ticket to Wrigley too. WE WILL be there!!
    haha that is so sweet of you! We will make it! and if not, I'll be the one outside crying with a beer in one hand and an argentina flag in the other
    Romy Bianchi
    Chile '13
    Wrigley '18