MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Here in Detroit we are anticipating losing 110 games this year .Its great i cant wait to watch these guys
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    mike moustakas is a dumbass.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    shouldn’t this thread be MLB 2018 Spring Training? :confounded:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Wobbie said:
    mike moustakas is a dumbass.
    More like Scotts Boras is a jackass.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited March 2018
    So,who gets to go on second? The last batted out of the inning before? So dumb.

Baseball is by nature a slow game. There are ways to speed up the game other than giving people stats that didn't earn them. There will have to be a new stat category. Runs/steals/GWRuns in extra innings. Because the guy shouldn't even be on second base. Those stats should just be given to someone. They have to be separated. 
    Post edited by Degeneratefk on
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    So,who gets to go on second? The last batted out of the inning before? So dumb.

Baseball is by nature a slow game. There are ways to speed up the game other than giving people stats that didn't earn them. There will have to be a new stat category. Runs/steals/GWRuns in extra innings. Because the guy shouldn't even be on second base. Those stats should just be given to someone. They have to be separated. 

agreed. I don’t see this ever being adopted by MLB.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    Uh-ohtani...

He can't seem to get anybody out.

My Angels may have gotten a bust.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Shyner said:
    Here in Detroit we are anticipating losing 110 games this year .Its great i cant wait to watch these guys
    They'll beat the Rangers!  My team is really gonna suck this year.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Any fellow T-Mobile customers in here?  FREE full season of MLB.tv today with the T-Mobile Tuesdays app and also a 25% off MLBshop.com coupon!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I think this a great read on Ken Brett( George Brett's brother). Ther is a record, that may NEVER be broken, they give in this article, that i use to give people as a Trivia question. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/ken-brett-two-way-phenom/c-269367600
    cutz said:
    I think this a great read on Ken Brett( George Brett's brother). Ther is a record, that may NEVER be broken, they give in this article, that i use to give people as a Trivia question. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/ken-brett-two-way-phenom/c-269367600
    That was pretty cool!  I totally remember that Miller Lite commercial from when I was a kid.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I always wish I would have scheduled the day off when Opening Day rolls around.
    Happy Baseball Day!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    AHAHH. First pitch out.

Baseball is the best.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Hope the Buccos don't lose a 100 this year
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Mound visit rule blows donkey balls 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    This is one of those stories that makes me dislike baseball.

A team employs a shift (which I cannot stand) and they are upset because someone takes what they are given.  
    In my opinion, everyone should do this when given the option.  I don't blame teams for trying to play the percentages....but don't get upset if someone spanks you for "cheating" over with players out of position.  
    I hate this reaction.  
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23001797/minnesota-twins-upset-chance-sisco-baltimore-orioles-bunted-vs-shift-9th

A team employs a shift (which I cannot stand) and they are upset because someone takes what they are given.  
    In my opinion, everyone should do this when given the option.  I don't blame teams for trying to play the percentages....but don't get upset if someone spanks you for "cheating" over with players out of position.  
    I hate this reaction.  
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23001797/minnesota-twins-upset-chance-sisco-baltimore-orioles-bunted-vs-shift-9th

I agree with Cisco.  Do what you need to and get on base.

I heard an interview with Mark Texira and how his avg plummeted when teams started to shift on him.  For whatever reason he couldn't go opposite way.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103

I hate this reaction.  

I heard an interview with Mark Texira and how his avg plummeted when teams started to shift on him.  For whatever reason he couldn't go opposite way.
    Exactly. His team is down 7 runs and he's supposed to be ok with just trying to hit into the shift? Complete BS. Minnesota is just butthurt their strategy backfired.

I hate this reaction.  

Exactly. His team is down 7 runs and he's supposed to be ok with just trying to hit into the shift? Complete BS. Minnesota is just butthurt their strategy backfired.
    I've seen the way defenses line up against Anthony Rizzo.  If I were Anthony (especially starting the season off 2 for 19 against the fucking Marlins for christ's sake) I'd be practing 3rd baseline bunts all day every day.
    I think the defensive shifts are complete chickenshit strategy and any manager that employs one (Joe Maddon included) is only demonstrating how little faith he has in his pitcher and defense to get the job done.  There ought to be a rule limiting the number of position players you can have on one side of the field.
    edited April 2018

I hate this reaction.  

I've seen the way defenses line up against Anthony Rizzo.  If I were Anthony (especially starting the season off 2 for 19 against the fucking Marlins for christ's sake) I'd be practing 3rd baseline bunts all day every day.
    I think the defensive shifts are complete chickenshit strategy and any manager that employs one (Joe Maddon included) is only demonstrating how little faith he has in his pitcher and defense to get the job done.  There ought to be a rule limiting the number of position players you can have on one side of the field.
    Their right to do that to try and prevent hits...but I am not sure why it is frowned on to try and force people to play the game the positions the normal way.  If you cannot hit/bunt/whatever that way, no matter what?  I think the other team should play you that way. 

Dozier is dumb.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

I hate this reaction.  

Their right to do that to try and prevent hits...but I am not sure why it is frowned on to try and force people to play the game the positions the normal way.  If you cannot hit/bunt/whatever that way, no matter what?  I think the other team should play you that way. 

Dozier is dumb.
    Wow.  The Twins are really upset about this?!?  Fuck Dozier for saying "I'm sure they'll address it".  Address what?  The guy doing what he needed to do to get on base???  If teams are going to play the shift, they open themselves up to things like this.  I can't believe teams are complaining about it when they are the ones that chose to line up that way.  Unreal.

I hate this reaction.  

They used to shift on Ted Williams in the 40's and he bunted too!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

I hate this reaction.  

I can understand where the Twins are coming from, but they SHOULD keep ther mouth shuts and not say shit to the press about it. Pretty weak reaction.

Why?  As if bunting, or bunting against a shift, is bad?
    Silliness.  
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Why?  As if bunting, or bunting against a shift, is bad?
    Silliness.  
    It must be another one of the unwritten rules.  Never seen a sport with so many unwritten rules.

If I'm an MLB player and teams shifted like that for me, I lay down a bunt down the 3B line every time I'm up to bat and first base is open.
    Agree.  If they are willing to give you a free pass I take it unless the situation demands otherwise.
    Agree.  If they are willing to give you a free pass I take it unless the situation demands otherwise.
    joe panik is on pace for 94 HR.

giants are on pace for 94 losses :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

I hate this reaction.  

Dozier is dumb.
    I kind of look at it like offside in football. Granted there are all different formations in football but for the most part, players have to be in the general area of their assigned position.